• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

I understand how kisses on the cheek are common place in other countries. But if my like older cousin came and kissed me on the forehead like Austin said, I'd be freaked the fuck out.
Also is important to know I like never see my extended family, even though most of them live in the same city as I.

oti

Banned
But if my like older cousin came and kissed me on the forehead, I'd be:

giphy.gif

OK

These game tapes should be required viewing for anybody who starts ranting about how X Year of gaming was fantastic and it was back when companies still cared about quality blah blah blah.

yami4ct

We talking PC Gaming Towers? I know simple black boxes are all the rage right now, and I get it. People want their stuff to look adult and slick. To me, PC Gaming Towers are like Lamborghinis. They should look like they're designed by insane 12 year old boys. This is my tower.

I'm still a fan of the clear sides, LED fans, big colors and dumb amounts of lights. It appeals to the child in me and I will always love them.

yami4ct

New patch for Witcher 3 is 5 GBs on PC and Blood and Wine itself is 7 GBs.

Well, I won't be playing this for a good long while.

We talking PC Gaming Towers? I know simple black boxes are all the rage right now, and I get it. People want their stuff to look adult and slick. To me, PC Gaming Towers are like Lamborghinis. They should look like they're designed by insane 12 year old boys.

Agreed. Mine has a glowing blue dragon.

design-4.jpg

dogpowerd

Banned
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Overwatch is just ok? It's a fun little shooter that I'm gonna drop in a few weeks when it becomes impenetrable to people who don't play for five hours every single day.

Am I the only person in the world who thinks Overwatch is just ok? It's a fun little shooter that I'm gonna drop in a few weeks when it becomes impenetrable to people who don't play for five hours every single day.

I think I disagree with Jeff and co when they say that it's going to become less fun if you don't understand the meta once people understand it more. If the matchmaking is working, then you'll do poorly for some games, but it'll start matching you with people who also don't understand the meta and just play the game how they find it fun. After a speed bump of bad games your 'elo' or whatever system they use will adapt and you can go back to ignoring the meta since you'll be matched with similar people (ideally).

Jintor

It's really good but it's not take-my-life obsessive like it would've been to me back in college I think, probably because I already envision a future where I get #rekt all the time.

I think generally speaking the value of transient experiences like especially round-based multiplayer has been steadily declining for me the older I get.

Of course all gaming is transient experiences so WOAH STOP THIS LINE OF THINKING IMMEDIATELY

i just want my podcasts to stop talking about overwatch so i can stop being reminded that i can't ever play it because there are no cable internet providers in my area

god i want to play overwatch so bad

I am afraid to go into the "Build a PC" thread due to too much lingo getting tossed my way, but now is a decent time to build a PC, right?

The 1070 is close, RAM is cheap.

What's the situation with CPUs?

Meneses

Overwatch does nothing for me.

Played the Beta, it didn't grab me.

Decided to give it another shot and rented it for the weekend. Played about one hour, said "ok", and it sat there until I returned it.

yami4ct

The Bastion salt is still flowing at full speed, huh? He's a hero that's real good at some things, but is so damn easy to counter. Like the vast majority of heroes, he has a role to play and doesn't do much outside that. He's good for holding down points, but if he's not supported well and the other team is doing their job, he's far from OP. In terms of general power, Tracer and Junkrat are way stronger.

I played enough during the beta to figure out that it was a really neat game, but didn't have too much interest to keep going.

I am afraid to go into the "Build a PC" thread due to too much lingo getting tossed my way, but now is a decent time to build a PC, right?

The CPU market in general has slowed way down the past few years in terms of pure power creep. Even if you buy now and a new one comes out in 4-6 months, what you get should still last you a good long while.

i just want my podcasts to stop talking about overwatch so i can stop being reminded that i can't ever play it because there are no cable internet providers in my area

god i want to play overwatch so bad

I am currently playing Overwatch on slowish Mobile Broadband (4G) connection.

5366638318.png

I am not having huge lag issues. It basically works flawlessly until it breaks completely (and that only happened twice).

Don't be intimidated, people legitimately want to help folks, but in terms of if now is a good time to build, it is, especially with the 1070 and AMD's new line being announced at Computex next week I think it is. For CPU's any of the Intel Skylake CPU's (i5 or i7's) are great choices.

I am currently playing Overwatch on slowish Mobile Broadband (4G) connection.

5366638318.png

I am not having huge lag issues. It basically works flawlessly until it breaks completely (and that only happened twice).

I'm not really sure if AT&T would be the best choice for us (it's the only cell provider that reaches out here with good signal) since they have the cap, and at least between midnight and six I have unlimited speed whereas other providers don't have a "free zone" any more. Not that I really look forward to trying to stay up that late, but it's better than being throttled to the lowest speed month to month.

Man I can't even get speedtest to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom