• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be intimidated, people legitimately want to help folks, but in terms of if now is a good time to build, it is, especially with the 1070 and AMD's new line being announced at Computex next week I think it is. For CPU's any of the Intel Skylake CPU's (i5 or i7's) are great choices.

I am not too intimidated. II feel much better about building a rig than I ever have before. I recently opened up a laptop to install a broken hard drive - which was something I would not have touched a year ago. I found it easier than I expect and felt like I knew all the components inside. It made me feel like I knew more than I though I did.

I think I am going to make the choice to build a PC after E3. Currently I feel like I will be a PC/PS4 household in 2017 (maybe NX if Nintendo does not go too weird). My current goal with a PC in to build something I won't have to open up for about 3/4 years to upgrade.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The Bastion salt is still flowing at full speed, huh? He's a hero that's real good at some things, but is so damn easy to counter. Like the vast majority of heroes, he has a role to play and doesn't do much outside that. He's good for holding down points, but if he's not supported well and the other team is doing their job, he's far from OP. In terms of general power, Tracer and Junkrat are way stronger.

The mei salt is more hilarious.

It said 84kbps which I know there's no way in hell that's accurate. Got it after just waiting a while though.

5366661586.png

Wow slower than 98% of the US, that's some wild shit right there.

So how long until Valve decides to make a TF3?

Pff. Valve has Dota and CSGO, it doesn't need to make games any more.

yami4ct

The mei salt is more hilarious.

Mei is an amazing troll hero. She's designed to cause salt.

Seeing the Bastion salt transition around is hilarious. All the people bitching 'he's OP' have switched to 'well, he's boring to play' once people demonstrated how damn easy he is to counter.

Why is that a complaint at this point? If you think he's boring, play one of the million other heroes and let the people play the easy to snipe turret if they want to.

I do think junkrat's ult may be a tad OP

Just from the beta, Junkrat is an asshole. Roadhog is an even more hilarious asshole, but they can both be annoying as shit. I never got good enough to really tell if they were truly OP, but I suspect they aren't.

It said 84kbps which I know there's no way in hell that's accurate. Got it after just waiting a while though.

5366661586.png

Wow slower than 98% of the US, that's some wild shit right there.

You make my 1.0-1.2 MBPS down look blazing. My condolences. I had to live with satellite for a long while. I know how garbage it is.

If you have a team on their shit his ult get destroyed most of the time.

yeah, well, that never happens with me

had some dude whining about wanting a support on him so I threw him a bone and went Mercy. I got killed 3 times trying to chase his ass around while he went rambo

fuck people

e: Roadhog isn't OP at all, but he can be really annoying if you want to play him that way. meanwhile I watched Junkrat take out an entire control point with his ult and that seemed a bit excessive...

I do think junkrat's ult may be a tad OP

Super easy to shoot it down and the audio cues give you plenty of time. Ran into players getting crafty and driving it up walls to dive bomb groups.

After the beta and first days, don't see many sweeps with ults. You'll get caught off guard by HIGH NOON but, again, once you hear the audio cues you know how to combat it. Well, except HEROES NEVER DIE.

I'm not really sure if AT&T would be the best choice for us (it's the only cell provider that reaches out here with good signal) since they have the cap, and at least between midnight and six I have unlimited speed whereas other providers don't have a "free zone" any more. Not that I really look forward to trying to stay up that late, but it's better than being throttled to the lowest speed month to month.

Man I can't even get speedtest to go.

What you have to do, obviously, is just play Overwatch at your library.

LiK

I am still doing most play with Mercy.More than half my playtime is with her. I recently found I like Torbjorn (even on Attack).

I still enjoy Mercy the most. Everyone loves Mercy! This happened once... I was shocked!

we should play together. gonna add you.

valeo

I am currently playing Overwatch on slowish Mobile Broadband (4G) connection.

5366638318.png

I am not having huge lag issues. It basically works flawlessly until it breaks completely (and that only happened twice).

I had 1000 ping spikes last night and still managed to contribute with Winston aha (silver medal with damage)

Junkrat is the funnest for me now. He clicked with me when I did his riptire off of the roof on Route 66 (up that little 'ramp'/bridge') and killed Pharah mid-air

Meneses

Has HitDan gone up on release day?

It would be great having it tomorrow. But I guess they do have to record it first, so probably a day or two later.

yami4ct

It would be great having it tomorrow. But I guess they do have to record it first, so probably a day or two later.

They tend to record them fairly quickly, but it likely won't be release day. I doubt the GB crew has gotten the new maps early and getting it on release day would probably require that. It takes a fair bit of work to prepare, record, edit a little, encode and upload one of those and everyone is still preparing for E3.

Don't think they're getting the DLC earlier than the rest of us, so I doubt it. Definitely something to look forward to this week, though!

yami4ct

watching Demo Derby and that Ninja game is the fucking cutest game ever. Not sure how I missed it.

I was shocked that IO made it. Remember when major developers could make something lighthearted and fun instead of being completely stuck in 'grim dark adult game' territory?

Hitman is lighthearted murder, but I miss the days of all ages games made by really cool major studios.

LiK

I was shocked that IO made it. Remember when major developers could make something lighthearted and fun instead of being completely stuck in 'grim dark adult game' territory?

Hitman is lighthearted murder, but I miss t he days of all ages games made by really cool major studios.

yea, i think i might try to buy a cheap copy now. Way too cute and looks interesting. The title is really dumb tho.

santeesioux

Did you ask for permission first?

She wanted me to kiss her on the lips, but I was too scared because I was 14 and had never done it before, so she suggested I kiss her on the cheek. I did it in the cafeteria around all the other students, we didn't go out for much longer, lol.

yami4ct

I don't see what a TF3 would get them. TF2 is still a huge property, sure, but those people are happy to run around in their current game. I don't think you get any significant boost in revenue/profits long term from sequelizing it.

An Overwatch style hero shooter, perhaps in the DOTA IP? That I could see happening.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda fair enough to be honest. I can't see how they have any incentive to return to video game development other than for passion projects. Not that they won't make money from their videogames anyway.

I don't see what a TF3 would get them. TF2 is still a huge property, sure, but those people are happy to run around in their current game. I don't think you get any significant boost in revenue/profits long term from sequelizing it.

An Overwatch style hero shooter, perhaps in the DOTA IP? That I could see happening.

everyone knows valve can't count to 3

dogpowerd

Banned
I think I disagree with Jeff and co when they say that it's going to become less fun if you don't understand the meta once people understand it more. If the matchmaking is working, then you'll do poorly for some games, but it'll start matching you with people who also don't understand the meta and just play the game how they find it fun. After a speed bump of bad games your 'elo' or whatever system they use will adapt and you can go back to ignoring the meta since you'll be matched with similar people (ideally).

I hadn't considered the matchmaking tbh. If they do a really good job grouping people of similar skill levels together it will greatly increase the lifespan of the game for me. Seems like Blizzard has a pretty good track record with that kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom