• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

I went to a random question mark and I got there and there was a rapidly expanding plant that was exploding shit all around me, I lasted about 7 seconds.

The monster design has been kicked up a level.

The first giant when you arrive is all kinds of cool.

Yeah, I just ran into a group of bandits who all immediately killed me... may stick to the main quest for a bit

Patryn

Vinny does stuff in games because he's interested in seeing how a game will react and see if it can handle a little chaos.

Dan does stuff in games (on camera) because he's trying to maximize the humor out of a situation for an outside audience.

Hearing Dan during the HitDan stuff, especially on this last UPF, really cemented that in my head.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rewatching the Harryhausen movies and it got me thinking about a positive part of God of War.

those Gods were assholes and it felt good to murk them in cold blood.

Jintor

dark vinny is pretty frightening when he gets loose

that's the thing about vinny rage, i genuinely can't tell the moment when he transitions from joke humour to holy shit he's actually pissed

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Y'all are crazy. Vinny is probably the most responsible out of the GB crew. Dan....not so much.

dark vinny is pretty frightening when he gets loose

that's the thing about vinny rage, i genuinely can't tell the moment when he transitions from joke humour to holy shit he's actually pissed

Pick up the pepper grinder

Fantastapotamus

You mean like competitive Elusive Targets or they make missions for each other?

That would be pretty good but it's way too much effort for GB :p

I wonder how difficult it would be to make an actual Hitman multiplayer mode, where one guy is a bodyguard and only sees the character modell 47 is disguised as right now.

Jintor

contracts mode isn't good enough atm for that kinda fun imho so just get let loose into a new level with no info and see who can take out the target fastest and escape

Fantastapotamus

contracts mode isn't good enough atm for that kinda fun imho so just get let loose into a new level with no info and see who can take out the target fastest and escape

I dunno, watching Brad and Dan bumble around in the environement, taking their time to do things not related to killing the target and killing hundreds of bystandards is pretty funny already.

If were are suggesting Giant Bomb features again:

Breaking Brad: The Road to Champions Road
Brad And Dan getting to (and beating) Champions Road in Super Mario 3D World

DanAir

Drew teaches Dan a complicated flight game from scratch. Dan must complete take off and landing procedure on his own before the end of the feature

Walker, Gundam Ranger
Something with Austin and Vinny and Mechs... I dont know

The Old Games Show
Jeff and other members of the West crew play old games for about 1hour 30mins when reminiscing about them.

Myggen

I'm totally fine with a QL for the individual episodes and a Premium episode if they aren't able to complete the episode in the QL, and a few segments during UPF. I love Hitdan but feel that it would get old fast if they did it more regularly,

Lemme trot out my old feature suggestion, which was Drew skyping in to the east coast and trying to guide Vinny through takeoff and landing in a flight sim purely via audio. Basically "Keep Flying and Nobody Explodes"

If were are suggesting Giant Bomb features again:

Breaking Brad: The Road to Champions Road
Brad And Dan getting to (and beating) Champions Road in Super Mario 3D World

DanAir

Drew teaches Dan a complicated flight game from scratch. Dan must complete take off and landing procedure on his own before the end of the feature

Walker, Gundam Ranger
Something with Austin and Vinny and Mechs... I dont know

The Old Games Show
Jeff and other members of the West crew play old games for about 1hour 30mins when reminiscing about them.

Brad and Dan Mario Sunshine playthrough

Jeff and Brad give Dan a tour of all the cool PC games he missed as a kid

ToeDan and Drewarl

Brad plays through staff-made Doom WADs in VR

Replay-esque feature where they play old games chosen completely at random

Brad and Jeff play old games and then watch their original GameSpot reviews of them

Brad and Dan simultaneously attempt illusive contracts in Hitman, making a competition out of it

A short Mario Party where they all have their characters set to the easiest AI and place bets on the winner

Mario Karty Party

VR stress test that doesn't end until Jeff "finds his limit"

Dan plays through Super Punch-Out

Breaking Brad: Final Doom

Series where the staff attempts to make their case for their respective "fuck you, I liked it" games

oh and they should actually do that Film & 40s on Bad Lieutenant

fwpx

Brad and Dan Mario Sunshine playthrough

Jeff and Brad give Dan a tour of all the cool PC games he missed as a kid

ToeDan and Drewarl

Brad plays through staff-made Doom WADs in VR

Replay-esque feature where they play old games chosen completely at random

Brad and Jeff play old games and then watch their original GameSpot reviews of them

Brad and Dan simultaneously attempt illusive contracts in Hitman, making a competition out of it

A short Mario Party where they all have their characters set to the easiest AI and place bets on the winner

Mario Karty Party

VR stress test that doesn't end until Jeff "finds his limit"

Dan plays through Super Punch-Out

Breaking Brad: Final Doom

Series where the staff attempts to make their case for their respective "fuck you, I liked it" games

oh and they should actually do that Film & 40s on Bad Lieutenant

Fuck that, Film & 40s: THE SUBSTITUTE

Patryn

It's funny that you guys are talking new features right at the period where they'll be slowing down due to prep work for E3.

Oxirane

Prep work for E3?
LE3jUMQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom