• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I'm totally fine with a QL for the individual episodes and a Premium episode if they aren't able to complete the episode in the QL, and a few segments during UPF. I love Hitdan but feel that it would get old fast if they did it more regularly,

Yes, I agree. The format they did for the last area was pretty perfect. Just do that for every level.

Listening to the level of effort required all the way down to the assembly level to keep SPUs busy makes it so clear why a large budget, super talented first party studio could do some amazing things on the PS3 but also why 3rd party studios could never, ever justify the amount of platform specific code they'd need to do to get similar results.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the level of effort required all the way down to the assembly level to keep SPUs busy makes it so clear why a large budget, super talented first party studio could do some amazing things on the PS3 but also why 3rd party studios could never, ever justify the amount of platform specific code they'd need to do to get similar results.
Also sounds like bad hardware design

Also sounds like bad hardware design

Could be, but maybe if the cell was actually prolific, compilers would have been developed to do a much better job without the need for devs to dig into assembly language but as it was, it was at the very least a bad choice for a game console.

Jintor

the new hitman dlc doesn't have an exploding golf ball but it does have some pretty great comedy npc moments i've discovered so far

LiK

Best combo that I never expected. Dan's impulsive and goofy way of playing games plays off Brad's more methodical style so well.

That's why it works. Vinny has a similar playing style where he experiments and makes Brad try out stuff so Dan is the perfect replacement.

Houndi101

I thought the point of Load Our Last Save was to complete games they didn't but Vinnie had NG+ for Ninja Gaiden? So is it just to play some old game again?

Jintor

I thought the point of Load Our Last Save was to complete games they didn't but Vinnie had NG+ for Ninja Gaiden? So is it just to play some old game again?

No it's literally just to load the last save and see where it was and keep going until they get bored

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Best combo that I never expected. Dan's impulsive and goofy way of playing games plays off Brad's more methodical style so well.

Its the inverse of Austin-Vinny, where Vinny's instinct to go 95% of the way towards doing something properly and then saying "fuck it, we'll do it live" butts up against Austin's more tremulous caution

I want a feature called "Austin Translation".

Because it sounds like Lost In Translation, ya know?

I do not know what the feature would be, something to do with Japanese development maybe.

Maybe Austin should get a little side blog for these kinds of things and not break up his thoughts into fifteen Tweets.

God Twitter is the worst for anything other than linking to actual content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom