• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

There's minimal story, so it doesn't take away anything on that front. I have no idea how well it has sold but it seems like a smart way to release the game. And it makes for great monthly GB content, so there's that too!

So the story in each episode is their own and not globally connected?

Zaph

err...

plVVY6f.png

Jintor

So the story in each episode is their own and not globally connected?

More or less. They're building to something but the protagonist seems to be another person entirely.

To put it another way, it feels like you're playing the setup for some other movie starring some other dude.

kvk1

Before you go off on him, Dan Harris is a really cool dude (not to mention an established journalist, wartime reporter, etc.) that has gone through some terrible anxiety attacks, one famously on live television, himself.

I just finished a fantastic audiobook of his on the subject called 10% Happier:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0062265431/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think it's fucking dope that something the GB guys were talking about caught his eye.

Myggen

Before you go off on him, Dan Harris is a really cool dude (not to mention an established journalist, wartime reporter, etc.) that has gone through some terrible anxiety attacks, one famously on live television, himself.

I think it's fucking dope that something the GB guys were talking about caught his eye.

Yeah, that book is great.

Zaph

For what? Nothing wrong with the tweet, it's a pretty accurate description from an 'outsider'. Just so weird seeing Dan Harris tweet that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think I have very negative feelings towards meditation cause every single person I know whos does it is an unbearable asshole. I'm not saying they are assholes because they meditate. But it made me associate meditation with asshole-people.

kvk1

For what? Nothing wrong with the tweet, it's a pretty accurate description from an 'outsider'. Just so weird seeing Dan Harris tweet that.

i thought we were doing a "how do you do fellow kids" routine on the tweet, guess i misread the room

that's a big retweet though, dan harris is no small bones in his endorsement for something, and the caliber of people that will be following that account is up there

very cool

Meneses

I think I have very negative feelings towards meditation cause every single person I know whos does it is an unbearable asshole. I'm not saying they are assholes because they meditate. But it made me associate meditation with asshole-people.

Vegans, crossfit, meditation.

I'd love to meet someone who didn't mention it for no reason.

Xater

I got inspired by Hitdan and the new map and made a contract. It's called "Pick your poison". Made it on PS4, not sure if they are multiplatform.

Zaph

You probably have, but there was no way for you to know.

Yeah, some of those the mediation types can be insufferable, but a ex who was into it all talked me into going on a short retreat with her, and I was surprised by the wide range of guests. There's definitely something to it if you give it a chance.

Fox318

I think that goes for every lifestyle choice.

If people like it and it helps them chances are they want to tell people about it.

And if it helps somebody thats great.

People like talking about themselves regarding all sorts of topics, god knows we have had a million pizza and burger conversations on the Bombcast.

It's weird that people only take notice of that fact when people talk about how they are bettering their health and well being.

If someone mentions they are a vegan, it gets brought up to them forever and ever. They become "the vegan guy". If someone mentions they had eggs for dinner, it never gets brought up again.

I have experience of this.

Patryn

Would think CBSi covered the bandwidth usage that GB uses, since they own it.

They do, but the costs likely come out of the Giant Bomb budget. If they don't bring in enough revenue to offset those costs, GB gets less money to do things like buy equipment and hire new people.

It's not free money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom