• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyset

Before you go off on him, Dan Harris is a really cool dude (not to mention an established journalist, wartime reporter, etc.) that has gone through some terrible anxiety attacks, one famously on live television, himself.

I just finished a fantastic audiobook of his on the subject called 10% Happier:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0062265431/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think it's fucking dope that something the GB guys were talking about caught his eye.

Well, they were talking about that book, so it definitely caught his eye.

Meguro

Banned
Watching the new Hitman QL, Dan is WRONG about snails being gross.
Good snails are great finger food and yes, typically eaten out of the shell.

Xater

Man, the new Mirror's Edge is....weird and....rough.
I REALLY liked Mirror's Edge 1 but this one....

You say that as if the first one wasn't rough as well. I think Mirror's Edge was pretty good, but don't have the love for it some people have. I was ever only going to pick up this new one on a sale.

yami4ct

Am I weird that I don't like Greg Miller that much? :/

Not really. Humor is subjective. I've never found him very funny myself. I didn't really have any thought on him at all before he started doing a ton of corporate gigs and now that's definitely left a negative impression.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You say that as if the first one wasn't rough as well. I think Mirror's Edge was pretty good, but don't have the love for it some people have. I was ever only going to pick up this new one on a sale.

The first one was rough but not in the same way. This one feels so unfocused (and the writting is TERRIBLE. Not that ME1 was some masterpiece but it wasn't....this).
And they just barf a billion useless collectibles on the map to unlock abilities like "Roll after you jump". I get that you have to have some dumb RPG mechanic in your game, but make the things I can unlock....well....interesting. Not shit I should have from the beginning.
You can really feel Ubisofts influence on this game, weirdly enough.

Not really. Humor is subjective. I've never found him very funny myself.

Would you say he is only....kinda funny?

jaina

My indifference to Kinda Funny reminds me how until 3 years ago I thought the Bombcast only consists of vulgar jokes about video games.
Basically the same thing which happened to me with South Park until 2003.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They do, but the costs likely come out of the Giant Bomb budget. If they don't bring in enough revenue to offset those costs, GB gets less money to do things like buy equipment and hire new people.

It's not free money.

I really wish they would just use youtube for everything. Their player has been straight garbage for as long as the site has existed. I guess the revenue the ads they can run on their own player far outweigh the cost of bandwidth and ads via adsense. I was hoping there was a way to link your youtube account with your gb account to watch premium stuff on youtube's player.

kiguel182

Sometimes I really wish the schedule for content was more predictable but, in the end, I agree with Jeff that the surprises make it more interesting.

Yeah, sometimes I want them to do x content but I'm glad they don't follow that and just do whatever they want at the pace they want.

I'll still complain about content droughts but it comes from a place of love.

Salarians

nHSyRoB.gif

mintyice

Wait, Kinda Funny has to do ad reads for games in the middle of their podcast thing ostensibly about video games? That seems shitty.

jaina

I really wish they would just use youtube for everything. Their player has been straight garbage for as long as the site has existed. I guess the revenue the ads they can run on their own player far outweigh the cost of bandwidth and ads via adsense. I was hoping there was a way to link your youtube account with your gb account to watch premium stuff on youtube's player.
youtube is the default player now (not sure about non-premium members), so I'd assume the ad revenue does not greatly outweigh bandwidth costs. or it's because youtube has the HD video for free.

Zaph

YouTube really, really needs to offer a white-label video platform for businesses with complete admin control and integration - like the rest of Google Apps for Business. Would be so good load up various subscription services on just the Youtube player.

LiK

Greg is a good guy. I didn't care for him when he was on IGN but I love this guy on KF. He's way more honest that I expected and he likes to have fun. I can understand why he's popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom