• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom 64 is a good game.

Didn't watch UPF, as always waiting to save it for the next day. However, put me in the Doom 64 is a good game camp. I'd go as far and say it tried to do what Doom 3 wanted to do but better.

This is coming from a guy that likes Doom 3, particularly the atmosphere and I appreciate what they were going for but damn is it a slog to go through that game. I feel that it needs you to be in a certain mood to fully enjoy it where as the originals felt more like a jump in/out type of game.

---

4SnJk4T.png

2858160-img_7647.jpg

LajkRlV.png

Apparently it's illegal in Texas to carry a knife over 5 and a half inches, so not really that different. Not that I think such a law is harshly enforced here.

I suspect cops would be much more concerned about the plethora of firearms.

I swear someone beyond the tree line has an assault rifle of some kind and he just loves to fire it off on the weekend.

Jintor

d.va's in-game dialogue should be a constant stream of her thanking twitch donators and ranting about blizzard games and how unfair the most recent patches have been

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
d.va's in-game dialogue should be a constant stream of her thanking twitch donators and ranting about blizzard games and how unfair the most recent patches have been

when mercy heals you

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY CAN WE GET SOME LOVE FOR 'username here'

Guess Who

Banned
at some point "brad only plays doom on upf" went from being a joke to being a curse from which he will never escape, destined to play doom forever

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Where is Dva's Dxracer and Vape skins?

actually Dva is just a 'pro'. Tracer's personality is more like a twitch streamer. Obnoxious, fake, loud manchild :3

Guess Who

Banned
Jeff's review of Doom for Saturn (1997) is pretty interesting in light of Doom 64 showing up on UPF and the "impossible port" thread talking about how technically amazing the Doom Saturn port is.

I mean, the Doom Saturn port being a technical feat for the system and this statement

If this is the best the Saturn can do, you might as well dismantle it with a sledgehammer, glue the remains together, and recoup your costs by selling it as modern sculpture.

aren't really mutually exclusive.

braves01

Banned
I mean, the Doom Saturn port being a technical feat for the system and this statement

aren't really mutually exclusive.

I didn't mean to say they are. I just thought it was fun to go back to this because of all the Doom talk, specifically the Saturn and N64 Doom talk. He seemed really down on the N64 game today, but I'd be really interested to see what his current opinion on the Saturn one is.

So, I guess we can expect a Mixlr with Alex on Monday or Tuesday. If you didn't hear on the Beastcast, Alex said he'd head out early to San Francisco for E3 on Monday to visit family and work out of the office. Maybe too late to make it for the Bombcast. Most likely no Quick Looks, as the equipment would probably be packed.

Hope they can fit in a VRodeo with the wolf.

I just don't see much content with him, though. If he's leaving on Monday, he won't get there until later in the day. And like I said, he wants to visit family first. So, he might no even get to the office until Tuesday. I think Jason said he and Drew plan on packing equipment on Monday or Tuesday. I think the only thing that's almost a guarantee is a Mixlr appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom