• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I'll give you that much

As for The Cold Vein, Vordu Mega and Vast Aire have never done it for me as rappers, they're boring as shit, and El-P's production has always been a bit...too out there for me. Even now with Run The Jewels, I find myself listening more because I love Killer Mike than anything to do with El-P.

FStop7

Banned
Watching a Mirror's Edge Catalyst stream. This has to be one of the worst written, most cynical big budget games I've ever seen. It's Homefront bad.

Strax

youd really have to go out of your way to be into hip hop and listen to that many 'underground' white rappers

Not really, underground hiphop from 2000-2005 was very white. Anticon, Def Jux and Rhymesayers dudes got on the internet early and posted their songs, mixtapes and talked to fans on forums. I've talked with Mac Lethal, Sage Francis and Slug from Atmosphere about video games, movies, Lil Wayne, ICP, Hitler and wrestling. Can you imagine Erick Sermon, Pete Rock or N.O.R.E. doing that in 00s or even now?

Thats the reason over 10 years later they can go anywhere in the world and play shows in front of over 1000 people.

mDDv0m8.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

how could anyone ever badmouth Cold Vein or act like the Del albums following Eleventh Hour weren't way worse

Atmosphere and Aesop are pretty lame but Cold Vein and Fantastic Damage cannot be fucked with

ALEX WILL JOIN DRIVE

Also I guess Jeff saw Dead Rising since he made a wiki for it.
Filed Under: Toad, Bethesda Softworks, Burnout, Black, Prey 2, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, Scalebound, Overwatch, Street Fighter V, Dangerous Golf, Watch Dogs 2, Agents of Mayhem, Dead Rising 4, Injustice 2 (working title), Saturn

Myggen

Bummer. I'll listen to the next one, maybe I was right all along.

They`ve changed the format from an advice podcast to more of an interview podcast about the life of the guest they have on, like the one with Greg Miller was. So you`re good to go from now on if you don`t like advice podcasts.

TraBuch

Banned
Am I the only one kinda confused about Jeff's hostility towards Street Fighter V? Like...What the fuck does he care about a proper tutorial or story mode? He only plays these games online and he admits it's a fantastic fighting game.

pizzacat

Banned
As for The Cold Vein, Vordu Mega and Vast Aire have never done it for me as rappers, they're boring as shit, and El-P's production has always been a bit...too out there for me. Even now with Run The Jewels, I find myself listening more because I love Killer Mike than anything to do with El-P.
I really tried my best to like fantastic damage(? I think it's called that) but the production threw me off of every song.

Run the Jewels is alright I haven't listened to their second album
Am I the only one kinda confused about Jeff's hostility towards Street Fighter V? Like...What the fuck does he care about a proper tutorial or story mode? He only plays these games online and he admits it's a fantastic fighting game.
Because that game deserves all the shit coming to it. Every decision it makes is the wrong idea, it's literally a game for no one, dumbed down mechanics and no explanation to these mechanics (well until the march update I think), like what?

I wish I can love this game and I probably will after a couple updates but damn, this is SFIV (a game I hated back then and still do) all over again.

Honestly there is a bit hyperbole going on around it but it's just a smidge and for the people who tried to get into fighting games with this one, there's always more fighting games out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom