• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

lYnsObr.png

Awesome, I was hoping they'd take a look at House of the Dying Sun!

FStop7

Banned
It's really awesome that Vinny and Austin took the time to do that Warhammer stream in the middle of the storm of craziness before E3.

I did an article for Pop Sci Australia like three years ago when Human Revolution came out that was an indepth look at the state of bionic implants worldwide... but if you look at what actually got printed it reads like someone went through with a hacksaw afterwards and shoehorned in DX references every chance they could get

That is incredibly meta, really.

It's really awesome that Vinny and Austin took the time to do that Warhammer stream in the middle of the storm of craziness before E3.

Priorities properly in order.

Salarians

Just played through Gone Home for the first time... I didn't know what I'd think of it, but I really liked it. Like really liked it. Just a nicely told "small" story with a lot of heart. I'm not surprised at all that the game was so well received.

Levine's Own Thousand Island Dressing was pretty incredible.

Just played through Gone Home for the first time... I didn't know what I'd think of it, but I really liked it. Like really liked it. Just a nicely told "small" story with a lot of heart. I'm not surprised at all that the game was so well received.

My favorite thing about it is the incredibly subtle subplot involving
the parents and the dad's past.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rewatching the 2013 Sony Gamescom conference. Still great.

Whatever happened to murasaki baby?

Doop

Whoa, I just played through it for the first time, too! What a nice game. I teared up a little bit near the end. Did you play because of that Gone Home thread?

It does a real good job at tricking you into thinking "oh boy, epic ghost story because video games!" And it turns out to be a grounded, very human story, and the way it doles out the info and reveals itself it top notch. I should play through that again on PS4

Sort of similar game that I also loved that just released on PS4: Oxenfree.

Jintor

speaking of gone home, people who complain about not 'getting' gone home made me sad. not necessarily that they didn't get it. that's fine. people have different reactions to works and whatever. it's the people who act as if they got stiffed over it, or fooled, or something weird like that that bug me.

Erekiddo

I renewed my account for another year when they had their membership sale a few weeks back, and it seems I was charged another full $50 today.

What the hell? Anyone have experience with billing issues like this? Their site says no refunds.

I renewed my account for another year when they had their membership sale a few weeks back, and it seems I was charged another full $50 today.

What the hell? Anyone have experience with billing issues like this? Their site says no refunds.

Email/DM on Twitter Rorie

Salarians

Whoa, I just played through it for the first time, too! What a nice game. I teared up a little bit near the end. Did you play because of that Gone Home thread?
It's on PS+ this month! I was expecting it to not really do anything for me. As much as I think I'd like them, smaller narrative or atmosphere focused games (eg: Flower, Journey) usually don't click for me, so this was a nice surprise. Also nice that it's
a story largely centered around a lesbian couple and it doesn't end in tragedy.
It made me get a bit emotional at times, though the last time I actually came close to welling up at a game was Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Definitely going to get Oxenfree soon. TellTale fans I know who were disappointed by Firewatch (both are made by former TT employees and even feature some of the usual TT voice actors) have been speaking pretty positively about it.

Finished Witcher 3 expansion, what a damn game. And it just keeps on giving after the main quest finishes with the Bank, I was losing my patience as well, and portrait missions opening up. Can't fing wait for Cyberpunk 2077.
I don't like Alex on the Beastcast but I liked him on the Bombcast.

Riddle me that, duders.
Plays off Geoff much better.

Oh my! That Warhammer video is 3 hours! I'm gonna be that guy and ask: is it worth watching, or would it be good background noise while I did chores around the house?

Peru

Brad remains blind in his hopes for Nintendo smart phone games. They're made to direct people to their dedicated consoles. "Home Designer" is exactly the kind of AC game you might actually see on your smart phone - a tool to add something to your experience with the real game..

yami4ct

Brad remains blind in his hopes for Nintendo smart phone games. They're made to direct people to their dedicated consoles. "Home Designer" is exactly the kind of AC game you might actually see on your smart phone - a tool to add something to your experience with the real game..

Absolutely. I expect the AC Phone game will be a bit more than HHD, but it won't be the full experience some are hoping for. I think if they hit the right mix, though, it'll do quite well for them without cannibalizing their core AC game business.

I think the bigger question is what does Fire Emblem Mobile look like?

Tubobutts

Absolutely. I expect the AC Phone game will be a bit more than HHD, but it won't be the full experience some are hoping for. I think if they hit the right mix, though, it'll do quite well for them without cannibalizing their core AC game business.

I think the bigger question is what does Fire Emblem Mobile look like?
Dating game.

yami4ct

Dating game.

Nah. They've confirmed it's an SRPG.

I'm expecting it to look like Terra Battle or something like that. Someone posted of another SRPG mobile game that looked like it handled FE style gameplay well, but I forgot who it was.

People also pointed out that they likely will Gacha equipment rather than the obvious characters, allowing you to earn characters in game and through events. It's the new hotness because it's much easier to balance while still providing a thing people can whale on.

demidar

Nah. They've confirmed it's an SRPG.

I'm expecting it to look like Terra Battle or something like that. Someone posted of another SRPG mobile game that looked like it handled FE style gameplay well, but I forgot who it was.

People also pointed out that they likely will Gacha equipment rather than the obvious characters, allowing you to earn characters in game and through events. It's the new hotness because it's much easier to balance while still providing a thing people can whale on.

I doubt it could rip me away from Granblue.

If Ninty really wanted to, make the game super punishing and hard and offer army revives mid-battle for $2.50.

yami4ct

I doubt it could rip me away from Granblue.

If Ninty really wanted to, make the game super punishing and hard and offer army revives mid-battle for $2.50.

You could do that, but I don't think that model works for long term viability. Thinking about a mix of what would make money and what I want it to be, the game I thought up looks something like this.

• Realm-hopping story with a 'best of' cast. Mix of old and new maps
  • Characters are all free either in main narrative or through special events
  • Base Iron and Steel Weapons can be gotten through free shops and currency. More expensive and legendary weapons through paid gacha
  • Base classes are free, special classes are gotten throguh completing hard challenge or event maps
  • No traditional stamina system. Instead, you get a limited amount of character revives per period of time. Any more has to be using premium currency
  • Lots of special event 'seasons' of limited maps that focus on a particular story in the FE pantheon
  • Fixed stat increases per level up. I'm not a fan of RNG for that anyway and I especially don't think it works in a mobile scenario where you probably only have like 1 shot per character. If you get bad RNG luck, you're screwed.

Joeku

Finished Witcher 3 expansion, what a damn game. And it just keeps on giving after the main quest finishes with the Bank, I was losing my patience as well, and portrait missions opening up. Can't fing wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

So since I've yet to finish Witcher 3 I haven't looked into it too much but can the expansions be played solo and are they relatively disconnected to the main game, or if I go play HoS or BaW will I spoil later base game stuff for myself?

So since I've yet to finish Witcher 3 I haven't looked into it too much but can the expansions be played solo and are they relatively disconnected to the main game, or if I go play HoS or BaW will I spoil later base game stuff for myself?

They are very much their own story but by finishing the game you get some extra scenes in the expansions. There are even options to just start the expansion at the required level, no past save required.
(I wish I did Blood and Wine with a complete save.)

Joeku

They are very much their own story but by finishing the game you get some extra scenes in the expansions. There are even options to just start the expansion at the required level, no past save required.
(I wish I did Blood and Wine with a complete save.)

Oh, snap. Don't wanna miss out on cool callback stuff. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom