• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Im weirdly excited about Us vs Them today.

Who you got gaf? East or West?

Its hard to really vote without knowing their rosters... but my guess is that Alex will play on the East team even though he is in California with the West duders.

Lets assume its 3v3.. Vinny, Alex, Austin vs Brad, Dan, Jeff

I think im taking East, but my guess is that Dan will actually be the best overall.

Its hard to really vote without knowing their rosters... but my guess is that Alex will play on the East team even though he is in California with the West duders.

I think im taking East, but my guess is that Dan will actually be the best overall.

you shouldn't be so excited

Unlucky brother, enjoy France vs Romania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
maybe they can bring the big red phone back and take calls on-air too while we're going to this great community driven content

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
2859752-gb_xb.gif

I like this one

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing despite them calling it Us vs Them, it will be GB-United vs The World. 6 People is exactly a full team in Overwatch and that would let them play vs community folks.

Yep. They'll probably just restructure.

yeah. chapter 11 means they're probably going to axe some people, maybe entire sites, but in the name of keeping the core business afloat

which in this situation means that the worst parts of the company will probably still exist while whatever good sites they have will be sold or shuttered entirely.

yeah. chapter 11 means they're probably going to axe some people, maybe entire sites, but in the name of keeping the core business afloat

which in this situation means that the worst parts of the company will probably still exist while whatever good sites they have will be sold or shuttered entirely.

Maybe they should kill Gawker (the site) and rebrand the company. Oh, and fire Nick Denton.

They're unionised, that's actually a possibility. It's his childish behaviour that made this all happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Part of why Patrick left was that he was that he was out on his own in Chicago and couldn't be around for video content with the rest of the staff by his own discretion which is huge for a personality driven site, so I'd be doubtful to see him beyond freelancing if Kotaku went away.

But I really, really, really doubt Kotaku is going away.

maybe you can educate me then?

if I'm not mistaken, companies can literally disband union contracts under chapter 11 for one thing. I seem to remember some cases where airlines filed chapter 11 specifically to nuke the unions.

and even if it was business as usual, unions don't have any kind of say in who controls a company. their primary role is protecting employees' rights against those people by negotiating contracts, and so on.

e: here you go

if I'm not mistaken, companies can literally disband union contracts under chapter 11 for one thing. I seem to remember some cases where airlines filed chapter 11 specifically to nuke the unions.

and even if it was business as usual, unions don't have any kind of say in who controls a company. their primary role is protecting employees' rights against those people by negotiating contracts, and so on.

Right, fair enough. I would have thought "this man literally threatens the livelihoods of all employees" would be permissible for union action but I guess that's not directly relevant to wages and so on if that's the case.

And those bankruptcy laws are some savagery. :|

And those bankruptcy laws are some savagery. :|

on a fundamental level they have on many occasions saved the entire economy from turning into a giant black hole; I know capitalism is the devil and all, but the laws generally serve the greater good in this situation. now of course, corporations being fucking evil will grab at anything that benefits them, fucking over the little people in the process

on paper, the contract cancellation clauses make sense; you're filing chapter 11 to move things around and free up money to pay your obligations. when you have union contracts and pensions that are 30% of your entire spending, that seems like a pretty good place to find money right? I mean, if you have no soul.

on a fundamental level they have on many occasions saved the entire economy from turning into a giant black hole; I know capitalism is the devil and all, but the laws generally serve the greater good in this situation. now of course, corporations being fucking evil will grab at anything that benefits them, fucking over the little people in the process

on paper, the contract cancellation clauses make sense; you're filing chapter 11 to move things around and free up money to pay your obligations. when you have union contracts and pensions that are 30% of your entire spending, that seems like a pretty good place to find money right? I mean, if you have no soul.

Yeah, I get it, it's obviously what you do. Just another way to despise how Western businesses run their shit.

Myggen

Yeah, the bankruptcy laws are one of the real strengths of the American economy compared to other Western countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom