• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I really hope they are back to the roundtable discussions not the interview format of last year for e3 podcasts. Their coverage really lost something special going to interviews.

I think they mostly had the best of both worlds last year, but the real craziness only occurred in the last section with Lang and co. If they had the space and time to have two sets (one interview style, one roundtableish), it could be really great.

Given that Jeff said that they were taking the couch from UPF to E3, I guess they are going with the same format again.

EDIT: The downside to the 'large crew of guests' format is that some guests talk less and get sidelined due to dominant characters. With last year's format, it's much less of an issue.

I really hope they are back to the roundtable discussions not the interview format of last year for e3 podcasts. Their coverage really lost something special going to interviews.
I think some kind of a 'come-down' can be good and overall, I think last year had the best mix of different types of segment. Jeff I'm sure pays close attention to the presentation end of things and with Austin a more established presence now, I think the non-zany stuff that they do could be better still.

Xater

Jeff already showed in that Facebook video that they are taking the couch. It will be the same as last year.

hamchan

I actually think the interview style was extremely good from last year, with Jeffrey especially being a great interviewer, and I hope it returns.

Can someone please help. I could have sworn they played through the entirety of Bad Dudes (on accident) and made it an unofficial Endurance Run. But I can't find that video anywhere. It's not on the Bad Dudes page. Am I thinking of a different game?

Zaph

Yup, so long as Jeff is leading the interviews, it will be great no matter.

I liked the format last year of cutting out a lot of the enthusiast press in favour of developers and execs, then having a blow-out last show with friends of the site.

No Neo at E3. I was looking forward to these dudes reaction to the reveal.

Yeah it's a shame, hardware E3's are always the best

Can someone please help. I could have sworn they played through the entirety of Bad Dudes (on accident) and made it an unofficial Endurance Run. But I can't find that video anywhere. It's not on the Bad Dudes page. Am I thinking of a different game?

https://youtu.be/Ot_eECo92cU?t=487

Xater

I actually think the interview style was extremely good from last year, with Jeffrey especially being a great interviewer, and I hope it returns.

It was definitely better than the large circle thing the year before that. That was just a mess.

LiK

No Neo at E3. I was looking forward to these dudes reaction to the reveal.

CiOAud_UUAE2k05.jpg

Ok dumb question, what does RTTP/LTTP mean? I assumed LTTP was "Late To The Party" because the topics were usually about games that were very good, but that the OP hadn't played at launch, but I don't know what the hell RTTP could mean if that's what LTTP means.

Scizzy

I'd have no problem if Jeff subs Brad in for an interview a night. Brad is great at it and i can't imagine how exhausted Jeff must be at the end of every night.

On the contrary, it became something much better.

I don't have much time for a room of drunk people shouting over each other.

Was just about to post that I think Austin confused Zach and Scott Snyder and then he realized why he was confused.

Now I'm just wondering who that crazy guest at E3 is...

Rewatching some of their live streams of the press conferences about last year's E3, I really did not like it. 3/4's of the people watching the stream were on twitter almost the entire time.

Myggen

Rewatching some of their live streams of the press conferences about last year's E3, I really did not like last year's setup. 3/4's of the people watching the stream were on twitter almost the entire time.

Jeff has said that there will only be one Mac in the room this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom