• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatching some of their live streams of the press conferences about last year's E3, I really did not like it. 3/4's of the people watching the stream were on twitter almost the entire time.
I remember Jeff saying they would maybe ban laptops during those. Did they do that for later conferences?

Also jeff called it that it wouldnt be at e3 this year
Yep, pretty impressive.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Watching them watch the conference and seeing tweets from them pop up at the same time was kind of impressive. The snark comes effortless to Alex.

BTW How much of what Alex said on last week's Beastcast about TED Talks was hyperbole and how much was his actual opinion? Because I can't imagine he wouldn't have supported Patrick when he did his.

why is this whole fucking quick look about Yoshi when it's a Kirby game

Jeff says he hates Yoshi but he sure thinks about Yoshi a lot more than like... anyone

Myggen

why is this whole fucking quick look about Yoshi when it's a Kirby game

Jeff says he hates Yoshi but he sure thinks about Yoshi a lot more than like... anyone

It isn`t really the whole QL though.

It`s from 5 minutes into the QL to about the 10 or 11 minute mark.

Sulik2

I think they mostly had the best of both worlds last year, but the real craziness only occurred in the last section with Lang and co. If they had the space and time to have two sets (one interview style, one roundtableish), it could be really great.

Given that Jeff said that they were taking the couch from UPF to E3, I guess they are going with the same format again.

EDIT: The downside to the 'large crew of guests' format is that some guests talk less and get sidelined due to dominant characters. With last year's format, it's much less of an issue.

You are kind of making my point. Jeff is a fantastic interviewer, but the best part of last year was the Lang insanity where it stopped being interviews and just turned into a bunch of friends and industry types talking games.

daydream

Banned
http://artfyad.tumblr.com/post/145708796324/giant-bomb-e3-2016
tumblr_o8k8jdwH9H1qmtbr4o1_1280.jpg

SomberOwl

Maan I would be okay with them missing a Tuesday podcast for this one week to post the predictions show before E3. I know Jeff usually goes into embargoed stuff, but we will hear them talk about all that stuff during the week. Plus there is so much stuff to watch during E3 week it would be nice to have the Bombcast right before the deluge of E3 week.

Zaph

Maan I would be okay with them missing a Tuesday podcast for this one week to post the predictions show before E3. I know Jeff usually goes into embargoed stuff, but we will hear them talk about all that stuff during the week. Plus there is so much stuff to watch during E3 week it would be nice to have the Bombcast right before the deluge of E3 week.

Please don't blaspheme in this thread. Thank you.

jaina

Hexagon, I just caught up with your introductory answers and they are so on point that I have to acknowledge that.
Welcome! (and don't rant in Off-topic threads if you want to stay)

As long as they continue the tradition of not putting a Souls game on the list I'm happy.
Thanks! That's the joke I meant to make when I was talking about "no reviews for Souls games" and myggen corrected me.

Jeff can't stop using his phone during recording these days but it's always for the better.
Imagine missing out on the Superman villain list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom