• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Battlefield 1" is the kind of stupid I can get behind. I want to hear the pitch for the name and why they didnt go with BF5 or "The Battlefield" or Battlefield: Subtitle

Do we know yet if it actual WW1 or is it alternative history "what if WW1 had guns that didnt suck and less trench foot"?

Xater

Also while I really enjoyed the Puroresu Party the name made me remember Mario party Party. West is really slacking when it comes to those.

"Battlefield 1" is the kind of stupid I can get behind. I want to hear the pitch for the name and why they didnt go with BF5 or "The Battlefield" or Battlefield: Subtitle

Do we know yet if it actual WW1 or is it alternative history "what if WW1 had guns that didnt suck and less trench foot"?

Just look at the leaks. It's WW1, black guy on the cover, if you pre-order you get some Harlem Hellfighters cosmetics and it releases October 18th.

ludonarrative
Finally, the story can be told...

ludo_full_big.jpg

I'm starting to fucking despise the word "dissonant".

Blame Uncharted 3 for getting some game review to look it up I guess. Thats what started it and its already been driven into "visceral" and "its a mixed bag but fans of the genre might like it" levels of lazy writing ever since.

The only thing that baffles me is people who like sword art online

Really? It's a hero/harem complex. Main character is perfect at everything, can do no wrong, and has boobs at every turn even his own sister's. It's like cheap fast food in anime form.

SAO sucks but it found an easy market to exploit.

skynidas

Banned
Assuming you're serious, I disagree. If anything, Austin goes pretty far out of his way to make sure what he's saying can be easily understood.

What? You think he has to go out his way so the "dumb audience" doesn't understand what he's saying? The audience can't handle all his knowledge and he has to put it in simple terms for them?

What? You think he has to go out his way so the "dumb audience" doesn't understand what he's saying? The audience can't handle all his knowledge and he has to put it in simple terms for them?

That's a pretty common thing that people do especially on podcasts assuming that it could be anyone's first experience with whatever they are talking about. He's not only talking to you.

Hitman is definitely my GOTY so far. It's exceptional. I've spent hours pissing about in the Paris level.

Haven't even touched the new one yet.

Relax, dude. I was referring to things that aren't necessarily obvious to everyone. If you're going to do a podcast with the audience size that Giant Bomb has, you can't assume much of anything in terms of pre-existing knowledge. The Beastcast in particular often takes great pains to make sure they explain everything -- you could argue that it often enters the realm of over-explaining, but it's always done in the name of inclusion and never pretension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom