• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairre

To be fair to Brad, the game does a shit job at explaining most of its concepts beyond shoot, parry and hit.
The boost hit is never explained anywhere, neither are perfect parrys or charging up your dash or that you can parry projectiles etc. etc.

I guess this comes more naturally to me because I play a lot of character action games. Literally the first thing I did after the game tells you about the charge attack is trying to dash while charging. As for perfect parries I did it by accident in the first fight and understood what was happening. Figured out the projectile parry in the third fight when the boss puts those circles around you. You are right though they should just spell it out in the tutorial. The tutorial explicitly tells you about the charged slash stun however and Brad did not seem to know that either. All things considered he didn't play too poorly especially when you consider that he has to talk over it which I imagine is fucked hard. That being said I also kind of enjoy figuring out these mechanics by myself. W101 had a lot of that stuff too and it feels awesome when you put the little hints together and it works out.

Tubobutts

To be fair to Brad, the game does a shit job at explaining most of its concepts beyond shoot, parry and hit.
The boost hit is never explained anywhere, neither are perfect parrys or charging up your dash or that you can parry projectiles etc. etc.
If people started being fair to Brad he would never show up in this thread again.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You could just buy a bunch of lottery tickets with 20$ and become a millionaire. Then you don't have to worry about Inside or Blood&Wine cause you'll be busy looking at the stock market all day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Adam leaving Sony...whoa

Adam Boyes
‏@amboyes
After an incredible journey here at PlayStation, I've made the very hard decision to return to the world of game development!

edit: guess im super late with this. oh well

i had to learn all these by playing and saying "I wonder if I can parry projectiles" and trying it out myself

i know it's a shocking concept in 2016 but it's not impossible

The beastcast without Austin is getting wild

It's bumming me out man. I just can't help but think what he would have brought to the table in, for example, the CSGO talk, and now it's missing, and now the beastcast is missing that insight that made up for Vinny stretching out bits for far too long.

ycYpC2B.png

popo

It's bumming me out man. I just can't help but think what he would have brought to the table in, for example, the CSGO talk, and now it's missing, and now the beastcast is missing that insight that made up for Vinny stretching out bits for far too long.

You will get over it.

They should add someone new eventually and maybe Austin will have some form oft Vice-cast.

Just skip Red Dead completely and you could probably get about 6 viewings of The Final Deletion in. That should be almost enough to get the full experience.

Jeff opening the Sneak King drawer always makes me laugh.

I love that the Sneak King drawer is always right there when a new copy comes. Almost as if he expects receiving more copies. At this point, I'm not sure if I would ever want to see them give the games away. I kind of want to see how far it will go.

jaina

Brad is very endearing in this mailbag. volunteering to fix the beads and living on the edge with the sign next to his desk. :)

Sections of walking slowly in Furi are annoying. What's in the QL is four minutes of holding X. Yet the one minute cutscene following can be skipped.

Next Friday's elusive target will have identical twins but you're only supposed to kill one and the mission will fail if the other is harmed. Brad gotta do that shit.

I don't know what The Final Deletion is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask

I mean it's a wrestling thing, but is this something i should watch as a non-wrestleman

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I love that the Sneak King drawer is always right there when a new copy comes. Almost as if he expects receiving more copies. At this point, I'm not sure if I would ever want to see them give the games away. I kind of want to see how far it will go.

Maybe there's more than one Sneak King drawer, so he's always within reach of a Sneak King drawer.

I don't know what The Final Deletion is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask

I mean it's a wrestling thing, but is this something i should watch as a non-wrestleman

It's like art, but better. More arty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom