• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2612112-6494126240-26117.gif

Huh, Adam Boyes and Nick Suttner left within a week of each other. Very, very strange. Especially since there was no indie stuff at E3. Also, if you look at Gio Corsi's Twitter bio, it now calls him "international gamesdude for PlayStation", which makes it sound like he doesn't lead the third party production stuff anymore. I have to wonder if this is all a result of restructuring SCE into SIE. I just hope Shuhei Yoshida isn't next, he's been there since like the beginning.

mattp

Huh, Adam Boyes and Nick Suttner left within a week of each other. Very, very strange. Especially since there was no indie stuff at E3. Also, if you look at Gio Corsi's Twitter bio, it now calls him "international gamesdude for PlayStation", which makes it sound like he doesn't lead the third party production stuff anymore. I have to wonder if this is all a result of restructuring SCE into SIE. I just hope Shuhei Yoshida isn't next, he's been there since like the beginning.

i noticed this too

Megasoum

Banned
Oh, man. It probably won't happen but the idea of those two under the same development roof again is too good to resist.

I bet that this is exactly what is happening.

There's no way that Adam is going to anywhere other than head of a studio considering his current position.

Johnny V happens to be out of work...

hamchan

Brad Muir went to Valve in October and we've never seen him again. It's like he went to the Undying Lands and never returned to us mortals.

Listened to the LA Podfest Bombcast again. Still one of my top 10 favourite episodes.

Brad: "I played four hours of Destiny this morning... It's my girlfriend's birthday."
Crowd: "*gasping and clapping*"
Vinny: "*pauses* ... *sings Happy Birthday*"

I was surprised to hear that PlayStation was Adam Boyes' longest single place of employment (2012-2016) in his 21 year career in the video game industry.

Brad Muir went to Valve in October and we've never seen him again. It's like he went to the Undying Lands and never returned to us mortals.

All that more money Valve made in this last Steam Sale vs last years and the Winter Sale?

It's all him. He's making it happen for them.

KingKong

I bet its hard to be motivated when youre as easily rich as Valve. Its not enough that you have a constant stream of money from steam, if you need a few extra million you can just release a new cs go case, and you dont even have to make the skins because the community does it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I bet its hard to be motivated when youre as easily rich as Valve. Its not enough that you have a constant stream of money from steam, if you need a few extra million you can just release a new cs go case, and you dont even have to make the skins because the community does it.

I think that they are pretty motivated, just not in the traditional game studio sense. They have just released new hardware in a totally new gaming paradigm.

derFeef

I checked out Soul Sacrifice Delta yesterday and during the intro I remembered there was a GB QL back then - I was always curious but I forgot about it. It's bloody great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom