• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it's not that great anyway. The game just feels waaaaay too easy. There is really no challenge at all. I guess some people wanted this out of the game but I liked JC2 because on the higher difficulties it was moderately challenging without being actually hard.

Does it have Steam Workshop support, at least?

Teddified

Breach mode in Deus Ex Mankind Divided looks like a mode no one ever wanted or asked for.

I do wonder if those types of modes that no one really plays are easier to do than the tacked on multiplayer that no one plays.

I figure SE or Edios is requiring some sort of repayable mode.

Edit: Easier is probably not the way to say that....Maybe cheaper?

Playing RDR, there is a reason I it finished it 2 in the month it came out. Damn it good.
However I've been having a strange issue I don't remember having when it came out. I can't seem to aim my gun while riding on a horse or riding a stage coach, almost every time John Marston dismounts.

Had to replay this mission 5 times because of it

I looked at the controls and it says only triangle dismounts. Its strange bug.

I just need to know were Javier Escuella is friend.

Finally went back and finished Witcher 3 after 130 hours. Ending was ok, I wish I hadn't spent so much time on side stuff. I don't think I'm ready for the expansions yet.

I'm almost done replaying the story and this made me laugh aloud. I had forgotten how 90% of the plot is just John getting jerked around on a leash while asking everyone if they've seen Bill Williamson or Javier.

Yeah lol, almost every story mission is...

1. John enters scene.
2. Goons or bandit try to cause trouble
3. John says something cowboy cool partner.
4. Right as fight is about to break out main character enters.
5. John and said character talk.
6. "Were is Bill Williamson and or Javier Escuella?"
7. Character give vague non anwser.
8. Character says do this thing for me and I'll help.
9. John - "Well I guess I ain't go much of a choice amigo"
10. John completes task, still doesn't know anymore about Bill or Javier than before.
11. Complete steps 1-10 until you find Bill or Javier

1. John enters scene.
10. John completes task, still doesn't know anymore about Bill or Javier than before.

I had to quit this fuckin game because of this. I think it's poorly designed and the story isn't any fun.

#IstandwithJeff

Listening to the newest Bombcast, it's really cool to hear Dave Lang speak so frankly about business stuff. Very good talk going on.

One day he'll have to spill the beans on Arkham Knight PC, right? Surely NDAs can't last forever...

Scizzy

Listening to the newest Bombcast, it's really cool to hear Dave Lang speak so frankly about business stuff. Very good talk going on.

One day he'll have to spill the beans on Arkham Knight PC, right? Surely NDAs can't last forever...

It's less the NDA and more about Iron Galaxy's rep with their partners.

Edited to add: given the disaster of the Arkham remasters, it's pretty clear that there's something deeply flawed with the modified UE they've been using. Masterful technical games on their designed platforms, but not adaptable at all.

Strax

I'm almost done replaying the story and this made me laugh aloud. I had forgotten how 90% of the plot is just John getting jerked around on a leash while asking everyone if they've seen Bill Williamson or Javier.

1. John enters scene.

I had to quit this fuckin game because of this. I think it's poorly designed and the story isn't any fun.

#IstandwithJeff

If I remember right Jeff problems were in the gameplay department and not being in to cowboys in any media. While the main missions are mostly what is listed the sidemissions are not so it doesn't bother me. RDR is really well written imo and relationship between John Marston and Bonnie MacFarlane is one of, if not the best, the best male-female relationship I can remember in video games.

Yeah RDR's story is like, 3 great scenes people remember, and 90% fetch quest nonsense. All of Mexico was a giant waste of time in every way and the game would've been better off without it. More = / = better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah RDR's story is like, 3 great scenes people remember, and 90% fetch quest nonsense. All of Mexico was a giant waste of time in every way and the game would've been better off without it. More = / = better.

Game wouldn't have been better if it didn't feel like Marston was going through a long trek to get to where he ended up.

It's not like Witcher 3 where there's all this side bullshit and half of it doesn't effect the main story whatsoever and conflicts with Geralt's goals of finding Ciri.

KingKong

DLC stories are so much better than the main story. I feel they're more concise and less convoluted.

I don't think anything tops the Baron storyline, but the Hearts of Stone is a close second. I wasn't super into the Blood and Wine story but it ends really well and is a great finale for the series

Game wouldn't have been better if it didn't feel like Marston was going through a long trek to get to where he ended up.

It's not like Witcher 3 where there's all this side bullshit and half of it doesn't effect the main story whatsoever and conflicts with Geralt's goals of finding Ciri.

It would still be plenty long without all that stuff, and none of it ties into Marston's story at all until you find whatshisface at the end. It's basically nothing BUT side stories, only they're mandatory.

Also Mexico makes Marston look like a total sap who'll just do whatever he's told. You get conscripted into some awful shit and he just goes along with it. It's really badly written.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Finally went back and finished Witcher 3 after 130 hours. Ending was ok, I wish I hadn't spent so much time on side stuff. I don't think I'm ready for the expansions yet.

Hearts of Stone is really, really, really good and not that long. Still haven't played B&W yet, still waiting for my 1070 to do that.

Salarians

DLC stories are so much better than the main story. I feel they're more concise and less convoluted.
Oddly enough The Witcher could work well as an episodic game. A new 3-6 hour long self-contained story every few months? Yes please.

I suppose TW3 kind of is a bunch of "episodes" already (White Orchard/Vizima, the Bloody Baron and the Crones, The Flames of Novigrad, Skellige, and so forth) but containing it all in one package means it's easier for people to get burnt out.

Megasoum

Banned
I really need to try to get into Witcher 3 now that I have a system that can run it at 60fps...

I got to the baron quest but never really got hooked.

I haven'T even finished Doom yet

I spent the whole week-end playing RDR lol

I don't understand, what is that a screenshot of?
Oddly enough The Witcher could work well as an episodic game. A new 3-6 hour long self-contained story every few months? Yes please.

I suppose TW3 kind of is a bunch of "episodes" already (White Orchard/Vizima, the Bloody Baron and the Crones, The Flames of Novigrad, Skellige, and so forth) but containing it all in one package means it's easier for people to get burnt out.

Eh, that's just the nature of hub-based games. TW1 and TW2 were basically the same, with a big story for every location you went to as well as a handful of other things happening that you can stumble across. The only difference being that TW1 and TW2 were more linear in progression than TW3, which of course tied the progression together in a more seamless way.

I don't think an episodic, or even more linear TW3 would've been such a revelation. It is a remarkable title in part because it wove open world gameplay seamlessly into an epic-scale RPG, sacrificing neither the quantity nor quality either side is known for. On its own it'd just be an incredible RPG, but with both it is, well, the most lauded game of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom