• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Beastcast, I'm glad they bring up 'Sir, You are being Hunted' when talking about we happy few.

That game is a nice little gem~

Dr.Social

Banned
I just watched the We Happy Few quick look. The game doesn't look great, but it would help if Dan had any idea what he was doing. He was trying to fight enemies with a completely drained stamina meter. He plays Dark Souls, shouldn't he know how a stamina meter works?

popo

Someone should check on Breezy. Seems to be having a breakdown.

Speaking of Comic Vine, whatever happened to Sara? She left CV and promptly fell off the earth.

New job wasn't in the media and she seemed to delete or abandon all her old social media. Not so much fell off the earth as distance herself from the internet - at least in a public capacity.

It might confuse millennials and younger but some people go their whole lives without a Facebook page or twitter account :-D

repeater

this Dan drama came outta no where. Man knows how to get everyone talking.
Everyone = five of us in GBGAF.

I just watched the We Happy Few quick look. The game doesn't look great, but it would help if Dan had any idea what he was doing. He was trying to fight enemies with a completely drained stamina meter. He plays Dark Souls, shouldn't he know how a stamina meter works?
Dan doesn't use the stamina meter in Dark Souls either. He uses the summon command.

Jothel

The video bombcast is pretty great, I think I'm gonna continue watching it instead of listening to them on my phone. Just always prefer watching the people talking... weirdly?

Fevaweva

Someone should check on Breezy. Seems to be having a breakdown.

New job wasn't in the media and she seemed to delete or abandon all her old social media. Not so much fell off the earth as distance herself from the internet - at least in a public capacity.

It might confuse millennials and younger but some people go their whole lives without a Facebook page or twitter account :-D

No need for the condescending tone. Just because I am 23 and count as a millennial doesn't mean I am confused by people distancing themselves from social media as a lifestyle choice. Its probably something we should all do at some point in our lives.

No need for the condescending tone. Just because I am 23 and count as a millennial doesn't mean I am confused by people distancing themselves from social media as a lifestyle choice. Its probably something we should all do at some point in our lives.

Plot twist: popo is 14

I'm surprised Dan managed to get through the night without tweeting about Raw. Dedication to the bit!

popo

you wot mate?

You seemed to be going a bit chemtrails on us back there.

Not as bad as this poor dude on the GB forums though. Maybe MethodMan008 should lay off the weed a bit?

Yeah, I overreacted at first but damn I hate how Giant Bomb plays with the fans like this.

I have pretty extreme anxiety and depression and this killed my weekend. Yes, that is 100% my hang up and not Giant Bombs, but still I don't watch wrestling or care about it so I don't know any of these terms people keep calling me implying i'm dumb.

yeah you go tell popo he still owes me money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKw5mBh4rYs

Millennials ain't people.

Plot twist: popo is 14

That's fighting talk.

I finished Abzû and it was very good but also a repeat of Flower and Journey in various ways.

Remember that bombcast where Vinny said he hated Flower and all the guys piled in on him :D I see where he was coming from.

Man what the fuck happened with Pokemon Go on Neogaf? One minute everyone's having the greatest time of their lives and all of a sudden you can't get passed the first few posts in a thread without some kind of bitching about how terrible the app is. Same thing on the PG subreddit but, well, that's how Reddit always is.

It's just because people are obsessive or taking it way too seriously, I imagine?

kai3345

Banned
The latest patches have sucked out what little fun that game had going for it, while still not fixing the game's technical issues. It's understandable that people are pissed

popo

Where is that happening? I am curious.

I think it was just that joke he made on the podcast about there being nothing to do in NMS.

Some suggesting it was more than a joke until recently, when it was said no review copies before launch.

Realistically though, I can totally see Jeff not being in to the game. Has he ever liked one of those free form exploring type games?

Xater

I think it was just that joke he made on the podcast about there being nothing to do in NMS.

Some suggesting it was more than a joke until recently, when it was said no review copies before launch.

Realistically though, I can totally see Jeff not being in to the game. Has he ever liked one of those free form exploring type games?

So people flipping out because of a harmless joke. Gotcha.

I traded in a bunch of things I didn't use for one. Just because I want to play Forza Horizon 2 again before 3 comes out.

High five!

Like I said, I didn't have one before. Do kinda want to play Hrizon 3 and Gears 4 though. Still high five!

Patryn

I always got the sense she wasn't into the whole personality thing. Witness how she used to shrink away and hide whenever they filmed in the office while she sat by them.

Probably doesn't help that a lot of the audience was pretty shitty to her, spamming a link to that one picture endlessly.

I know it was only a few years ago but the internet was a much less inclusive place for women than it is even now IMO.

There's been a massive shift (still not enough).

Millennials ain't people.

I'm not saying you implied this, but one thing I notice a lot (online and offline) is when people refer to others as Millennials, a lot of times they are referring to kids born after 2000. What many don't realize is that it's actually people born between 1982-2000 (it was chosen that way, because people born in 1982 graduated High School in 2000).

Tubobutts

I'm not saying you implied this, but one thing I notice a lot (online and offline) is when people refer to others as Millennials, a lot of times they are referring to kids born after 2000. What many don't realize is that it's actually people born between 1982-2000 (it was chosen that way, because people born in 1982 graduated High School in 2000).
I just call everyone younger than me a millennial.

CrazyDude

People born after 2000 are not millennials, most place describe the generation ending anywhere from 1994 to 2000, but I have not seen places that said people born after 2000 are millennials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom