• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he's doing an AMA does concern me that he's leaving altogether and not going Beast. He mentioned writing a biography, and I wonder if he's leaving to dedicate himself to that.

I hate uncertainty. :(

santeesioux

I bought an Xbox One S today. So I am basically Dan.

I've been trying to come up with any kind of flimsy excuse to buy one of those because they're so cool looking, but I know outside of playing the Halo games it would just sit there and collect dust since I have a PC.

justjim89

Dan leaving the site completely would be the worst possible thing for Giant Bomb. I'm scared that's an actual possibility now. That aside, a move to GBEast seems a very likely scenario.

Fuck, I hate this uncertainty.

Ashby

I think Dan might actually be leaving SF. I keep coming back to the fact that his Mom was there last UPF

And NY just shits on high on SF and he's lucky in that he's with a woman who is from NJ and there's an office for the organization you love working for out there. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Scizzy

As long as the site has Jeff or Brad in SF and Vinny in NY, it will be great. It has been great for years and it will be for the foreseeable future. Losing Austin sucked and losing Dan would suck (I don't think he's leaving, regardless), but the site will be fine.

justjim89

But what if I think Dan leaving SF for NY isn't much better?

I find myself kinda agreeing with you. I'd love to see more Dan and Vinny or Dan driving Alex insane or Dan and Bakalar on the BEastcast, but he gels so well with the West Coast crew. Plus there's Hitdan, Demo Derby, whatever they do next with Dan and Drew. Maybe it's the manchild afraid of change in me, but I'd rather see him stay in SF than go to NY.

But hey, it's his life and he's gotta do him.

As long as the site has Jeff or Brad in SF and Vinny in NY, it will be great. It has been great for years and it will be for the foreseeable future. Losing Austin sucked and losing Dan would suck (I don't think he's leaving, regardless), but the site will be fine.

There was a good long stretch of time before Dan's hiring that I could tell you nothing interesting about.

Looking at the PSN releases, it looks like Gal Gun has a demo on PS4 (and possibly Vita).

Also, the PS+ games are up. Can't wait to try Rebel Galaxy and Tricky Towers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But what if I think Dan leaving SF for NY isn't much better?

Better for East, worse for West.

Dan's the only person besides Jason that I think Jeff plays off well. Not to mention how much content Dan drives. Where as of Jeff, Drew, Brad, and Jason. Jeff and Jason(with streams) are the only people I can think of that drive content at all. And they're very sparse with it.

Meguro

Banned
Dan leaving SF would be a huge hit to West but maybe it'd actually force the other guys to drive some features of their own again.
For premium stuff they've heavily leaned on Dan, some might even say too much.

I find myself kinda agreeing with you. I'd love to see more Dan and Vinny or Dan driving Alex insane or Dan and Bakalar on the BEastcast, but he gels so well with the West Coast crew. Plus there's Hitdan, Demo Derby, whatever they do next with Dan and Drew. Maybe it's the manchild afraid of change in me, but I'd rather see him stay in SF than go to NY.

But hey, it's his life and he's gotta do him.

Dan was the exact thing the West Coast crew needed for a bunch of reasons, and I don't want to worry about what it'll be like if you all of a sudden remove him from that picture.

But yeah, at the end of the day, it's up to him what he does with his life, and we can only complain about it.

And by that, I mean speculate and very likely look stupid by the end of this week.

neshcom

Banned
I'm all for whatever works out best in life for Dan, but I really like his dynamic in SF. However the current duder lineup turns out, I'd like to see more new blood in both offices.

BearPawB

Banned
Anyone assuming this is anything other than the RV thing is out of their mind

He's not moving east.
He's not leaving GB.

He's going to make a live streaming series with Johnny V where they go around in an RV visiting development studios.

Why else would he be doing an AMA?

Anyone assuming this is anything other than the RV thing is out of their mind

He's not moving east.
He's not leaving GB.

He's going to make a live streaming series with Johnny V where they go around in an RV visiting development studios.

Why else would he be doing an AMA?

I don't think Johnny V has even left Disney yet. They are still shutting down.

He is moving east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom