• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for dan leaving. Nothing against him personally, but as much as he did bring to the table, he took over the site. It became the Dan Rykert show with jeff n' brad. Emails on the bombcast started becoming dan centered, every single quicklook became a dan and someone show. All the features were dan centered as well (i.e. Mario Party Party, Demo Derby, Metal Gear Scanlon) So I got really burnt out on dan within the first couple months. As good as some of his content was, I was just never a huge fan of him and the wrestling talk has become obnoxious at this point. I LOVE wrestling, I've been to Wrestlemania twice, I've been a network subscriber since day one and never considered cancelling, subed to Giant Bomb after listening to their free Powerbombcast.... and Dan brings up wrestling too much. Like that one friend who is obsessed with something to the point of where it becomes obnoxious and annoying. I wish we had a kojima tracker but for dan bringing up wrestling in giant bomb content... it just became to much for me at one point.

So all in all, I am excited about a shake up, I think the site needs it, it has become stale and they aren't producing much content. I hope dan finds happiness in what he does next, but for me, I hope this ushers in another new era of Giant Bomb, where they do some new cool stuff with a new person or two (GBeast still needs a third man)

It became the Dan Ryckert Show because he was the only person bringing anything to the damn table. Don't blame Dan for the other duders not putting out that hot shit like Demo Derby and Mario Party Party.

Houndi101

God fucking damnit

I'm gonna have to order Dan's anxiety book because of this, too much change

Edit didn't someone say he might just move to a new place in California?

PB talking about that Nintendo tax.

Compare Sonic 2's price to Super Mario World's price. It's ridiculous.

I mean, it's fucking Super Mario World, but it's still a pack-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom