• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hello friends,
Overwatch recently came out with an Olympics update. This update features sprays, voice lines and skins that are only available for a month and then they'll be gone forever. During this time period, I have discovered how depraved I can be and shall never disparage Brad or Jeff's in-game purchases again.

Blizzard has taught me to look deeply inside myself and see what I have found.

Hello friends,
Overwatch recently came out with an Olympics update. This update features sprays, voice lines and skins that are only available for a month and then they'll be gone forever. During this time period, I have discovered how depraved I can be and shall never disparage Brad or Jeff's in-game purchases again.

You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Jesus fucking christ I hadn't seen this. Fuck right the fuck off, Eidos

Mechanical Apartheid...'Aug Lives Matter'..like, I get why, thematically, you would use that. But the difference is, BLM is a current thing. It's like...it's undermining it's existence by putting it into your game to make a shitty point. WE GET IT, ROBOTS ARE ABUSED.

It's...incredibly tone deaf. I don't think they'll handle it well at all.

Chaser324

Banned
I pay for premium to not get ads, so yeah I'd say giving me ads is offensive.

I get where you're coming from, but the stream is going to be interrupted regardless when they take breaks. Is an ad really all that big of a deal when the alternative is just a little bit more royalty-free music?

If you can't handle the ads, just wait for the archive.

The ads are also still super short, and as was pointed out to me, these streams go out for free. It'll save rendering time which is really important for them.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I get where you're coming from, but the stream is going to be interrupted regardless when they take breaks. Is an ad really all that big of a deal when the alternative is just a little bit more royalty-free music?

If you can't handle the ads, just wait for the archive.

It's a premium only stream. It shouldn't have ads.

Ad-Free Browsing Experience

No Skins, no video prerolls, no podcast advertisements

It's right there in the subscription page as one of the selling points.

Zaph

You're right, it shouldn't, but I think their reason is sound. Having to edit and process a 3hr video file would take a long time. This way it can go straight out to the site and youtube.

Chaser324

Banned
It's a premium only stream. It shouldn't have ads. It's right there in the subscription page as one of the selling points.

You still have access to an ad-free version of this content. That hasn't changed. You just now also have the new option of watching a live streamed version as it's recorded. Nothing has been taken away from you.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I always picked premium feed because I think their ads were not fun to listen too. Oh well lol.

I don't watch video feed anyway so makes no matter to me.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You still have access to an ad-free version of this content. That hasn't changed. You just now also have the new option of watching a live streamed version as it's recorded. Nothing has been taken away from you.

It remains a premium only feature and a selling point of premium is no ads. You have literally no footing with this argument.

The fact that it would take a lot longer to put up is at least an understandable point. Your contribution amounts to "deal with it", which offers nothing.

Curufinwe

The video is a members only livestream.

The podcast is something you download or stream after it has been recorded, and the premium version will not have ads, as promised.

neshcom

Banned
The live stream being without ads assumes it makes logistical sense to do that (editing, rendering time, etc.). If the live stream were not possible without saving time to insert ads live, would you rather a stream with ads or no stream?

But at that point, we're talking about circumstances we don't know.

Hello friends,

discovering how much of a dirtbag you can be is a pretty crucial moment in someone's life

savor it

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The live stream being without ads assumes it makes logistical sense to do that (editing, rendering time, etc.). If the live stream were not possible without saving time to insert ads live, would you rather a stream with ads or no stream?

But at that point, we're talking about circumstances we don't know.

If they ever offer another ad-only premium feature, I'll immediately cancel my subscription that I've had for years. Regardless of the circumstances.

neshcom

Banned
If they ever offer another ad-only premium feature, I'll immediately cancel my subscription that I've had for years. Regardless of the circumstances.
Even if it's the same circumstance like now where it's content you would get without ads otherwise? I'm just not sure this stream is a negative when the already-given benefit still exists.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Even if it's the same circumstance like now where it's content you would get without ads otherwise?

Yes. If it's a premium feature, it should not have ads. Stick to it or change the wording on the subscription page (and if they do the latter, I'd also stop my subscription).

The video podcast is a weird separate thing, and that's the only reason I didn't cancel when I heard the ad last week while watching. It's unique enough that I'm not too bothered by it and don't assume the trend will continue. If I'm wrong, I've got no problem stopping my premium membership.

Curufinwe

Please do, you would not be missed.

It remains a premium only feature and a selling point of premium is no ads. You have literally no footing with this argument.

The fact that it would take a lot longer to put up is at least an understandable point. Your contribution amounts to "deal with it", which offers nothing.

Live video coverage of the recording of the podcast is a new feature, not one that was not promised. The actual premium podcast remains ad free, as promised.

sarah-silverman-democratic-national-convention.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom