• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I'm surprised they actually said he was only going to be there for a month. My working theory (and a lot of other people said this too) was that it would be a month but they would announce it like he was moving there, and then he'd announce he was going back to SF as part of a storyline at the PAX wrestling thing.

Ah well, good to have it settled either way. Unless the whole plan is to announce that he's going to GBE as a permanent member during PAX wrestling?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!!!!!!!!?????????? :p

Following how worked up people got over this, especially on the GB forum, was hilarious. This was a good time to be at a place with shitty internet, so I could really disengage from this whole dumb thing. Too much of the same EAST VS WEST arguments over and over and over again for my liking.

Good vacation?

popo

I bet some of you feet pretty silly right now. Dan done got you good. I could comb through the post history and pick out some of the more insistent posts but that would be mean
and I am too lazy.

Joke might be on Dan when he has to go back to SF in a month. He really hates that city.

That's not hard when you have the bland Gamespot guy and Jason.

Brad and Drew can't carry all that load.

Harsh on Peter Brown. I though he was pretty good.

LiK

I'm surprised they actually said he was only going to be there for a month. My working theory (and a lot of other people said this too) was that it would be a month but they would announce it like he was moving there, and then he'd announce he was going back to SF as part of a storyline at the PAX wrestling thing.

Ah well, good to have it settled either way. Unless the whole plan is to announce that he's going to GBE as a permanent member during PAX wrestling?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!!!!!!!!?????????? :p

Following how worked up people got over this, especially on the GB forum, was hilarious. This was a good time to be at a place with shitty internet, so I could really disengage from this whole dumb thing. Too much of the same EAST VS WEST arguments over and over and over again for my liking.

I don't visit the GB forum. Is the East v West thing for real?

I really hope they can figure out a way to do an escape room thing while taping it in the next month. I feel like they seemed really into the idea of doing one.

LiK

Peter is always great. He filled the Jeff role really well. Didn't know he was so into retro hardware. He rarely talks about it on the GS podcasts.

Oh boy I hope they start the Symphony of the night with Dan

2860047-2182084394-EjYPX.gif

Myggen

Good vacation?

Not a vacation, sadly, I'm just at a hotel on a work related stay with the shittiest internet in the world. Going away for the weekend though, and hopefully starting my vacation in a couple of weeks!

It's kinda shocking to me how awful the internet connection is in 2016 at most of the hotels I've stayed at.

popo

I don't visit the GB forum. Is the East v West thing for real?

On here too. The beastcast threads used to be full of people who really aggressively wanted you to know how much they preferred the beastcast to the bombcast. Apparently you can only like one.

He is. Him, Chris Watters & Kevin VanOrd are GS's best parts(shame two of them left though) besides the always familiar Mary Kish and Danny O'Dwyer.

ugh, you had me until Watters. Never liked that shill.

For all the doom and gloom over current GS they actually still have some decent talent - the site is just poor at showcasing it.

Mary, Danny, Peter Brown, Alexa, Justin Haywald, Mike Mahardy are ones off the top of my head that are pretty decent.

KingKong

Dan going to a place he likes a lot, where his girlfriends family is, only for a month just to come back to SF later seems like the weirdest and most unlikely scenario

Megasoum

Banned
So UPF tonight...

No Jeff
No Dan
No Danny as backup
Possibly no Brad? (He's going to the International so he might be out of town already by the end of the day)

ugh, you had me until Watters. Never liked that shill.

At that point he wasn't reviewing games if I remember correctly. Besides, he was there for 9 years before leaving now to Ubisoft. His past work for the most part speaks for itself. Then again, that's just my opinion.

LiK

So UPF tonight...

No Jeff
No Dan
No Danny as backup
Possibly no Brad? (He's going to the International so he might be out of town already by the end of the day)

So it'll be Jason, Drew and Rorie only? I guess they could invite Peter and Mary too.

BearPawB

Banned
Could be some personal thing,
And rather than being up the personal thing, they chose to do it in the fun way.

Also, Massive Nights, I ate some crow to you, but think you should do it back given your "stop with the temporary talk"

Meneses

Could be a GBeast UPF? That would be cool.

Also, maybe now the Hitman videos will be full on East vs West with the rest of the guys on their respective corners.

Also also, maybe Dan's taking this temporary stuff as a test run. He has been pretty vocal about how much he hates San Francisco, so it would make sense.

Could be some personal thing,
And rather than being up the personal thing, they chose to do it in the fun way.

Also, Massive Nights, I ate some crow to you, but think you should do it back given your "stop with the temporary talk"

Don't think that was me buddy, I was in the anti-RV crowd. Don't think I said that, could be wrong!

Could be a GBeast UPF? That would be cool.

Also, maybe now the Hitman videos will be full on East vs West with the rest of the guys on their respective corners.

Also also, maybe Dan's taking this temporary stuff as a test run. He has been pretty vocal about how much he hates San Francisco, so it would make sense.

Decent chance it's a trial that they are not saying is a trial because it's so up in the air what might happen.

Dan might hate New York too!

Jeffrey

Wonder if this will be a thing. Rotating people between the 2 offices.

I mean this is CBS. People from the NCIS shows cross pollinate. So did csi back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom