• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

This is the best case scenario. West cant afford the hit - chances of finding a replacement with the energy of Dan is slim. And for East, I'm not the biggest fan but it seem like people who are like it having a different vibe to West, and Dan would take some of that away.

BTA

Only till PAX? Solid. I think he's a better fit for West, but temporary's cool; this should be a fun month.

It was only a hubbub because GB fans are nuts

No, this is what the Internet at large does whenever they're given little to no details on an announcement to something. Show the Internet a countdown timer and they'll think Metal Gear Solid 4 is being ported to the Xbox 360, or that they'll get a sequel to the World Ends with You.

Dan knew exactly what he was doing and worked our sorry asses into a shoot or whatever.

Jintor

Oh come on.

They made it the main takeaway of their flagship premium show with production values that frankly we never see on the site.

Then Dan fed it with cryptic stuff for a week.

No, this is what the Internet at large does whenever they're given little to no details on an announcement to something. Show the Internet a countdown timer and they'll think Metal Gear Solid 4 is being ported to the Xbox 360, or that they'll get a sequel to the World Ends with You.

Dan knew exactly what he was doing and worked our sorry asses into a shoot or whatever.

They may have served the food, but we consumed it!

None of us are without sin

This thread was mild compared to the GB forums by the way. Rorie had to lock that shit. This whole thing seems like it went down like a lead balloon with the (vocal) fanbase.

They can mock that or whatever as getting worked but it's not a good look for anyone in this scenario tbh.

Strax

Christ, stop acting like there is still uncertainty.

tumblr_mo3jsv7sWH1qeuiqyo1_400.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This thread was mild compared to the GB forums by the way. Rorie had to lock that shit. This whole thing seems like it went down like a lead balloon with the (vocal) fanbase.

They can mock that or whatever as getting worked but it's not a good look for anyone in this scenario tbh.

I mean let's not pretend the GB forums are worth anything.

Myggen

I'm surprised they actually said he was only going to be there for a month. My working theory (and a lot of other people said this too) was that it would be a month but they would announce it like he was moving there, and then he'd announce he was going back to SF as part of a storyline at the PAX wrestling thing.

Ah well, good to have it settled either way. Unless the whole plan is to announce that he's going to GBE as a permanent member during PAX wrestling?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!!!!!!!!?????????? :p

Following how worked up people got over this, especially on the GB forum, was hilarious. This was a good time to be at a place with shitty internet, so I could really disengage from this whole dumb thing. Too much of the same EAST VS WEST arguments over and over and over again for my liking.

I was also working on the assumption that they would then hire someone new out west instead of just another hire in NY. Which I think would be pretty cool. Yeah Dan is a huge driving force in West but getting someone new in there could have the same result.

This is the best case scenario. West cant afford the hit - chances of finding a replacement with the energy of Dan is slim. And for East, I'm not the biggest fan but it seem like people who are like it having a different vibe to West, and Dan would take some of that away.

Phew. A month of Dan shenanigans with the East Coast crew will be fun, but I'm not so sure about uprooting the lifeblood of the West crew permanently.

Hopefully he brought some demo discs with him.

Yep, this is the ideal outcome IMO. A month of Dan bouncing off of Vinny and Alex (and hopefully Jeff B.?) in funny ways without losing Dan's crucial role as content-driver out west.

Giganteus

I understand the point of leaving people hanging for a bit is for funsies, but considering what they were hiding, that was a bit lame on their part. They knew people were going to be unnecessarily obsessive about it, too. What a bunch of lovable dorks.

I understand the point of leaving people hanging for a bit is for funsies, but considering what they were hiding, that was a bit lame on their part. They knew people were going to be unnecessarily obsessive about it, too. What a bunch of lovable dorks.
It's the most Dan thing ever though which is why of course it happened and why (at least to me) it was hilarious. Of course he would see this happening and then make it some ridiculous meta Internet hysteria. That cryptic Periscope video was so stupid/needless it literally is making me laugh thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom