• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the VR segment now, I was the girl head that waved and shrunk, and made Drew laugh.

I made Drew laugh.

[EDIT] Also, at 2:21:30ish on the Managed Live Stream, you can hear me say "Guys, we were on UPF!" Brad disappeared, so I thought he'd left.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I didn't want to be the annoying guy talking in the game during UPF, which is why I stayed silent until I thought Brad had gone.

When really you waited until the very moment that Brad changed the announcers so it went silent.

So is Dota always in VR now, or is that just for the International? That might have been the coolest VR thing I've seen.

That was a really enjoyable UPF for the most part. Other than the Overwatch stuff, but I was enjoying it pretty much the entire time and it felt really calm and relaxing. Even watching Brad in Dota was fun, I do really like the idea of the VR component to that game, even if I hate that game with a passion. I hope they implement that idea to more games, it would be incredible!

lol, what's going on at qlcrew

Are you talking about this?

o2O3o2O.png

The Human Fall Flat QL is some classic Vinny.

The first bolder throw is gif-worthy. It just looks so bonkers.

Although, did anyone else find the audio in that QL super low? Generally Beast stuff is really good about volume while Bwest has low audio, which made it doubly odd.

And yes. Bwest is what they're called. We'll just have to get used to it.

So with Dan returning at (or immediately after) PAX West, what are the chances they unveil the new hire there. I mean, Dan said he's there until PAX to help them out with them being a man down. So, why until PAX? Would you want them to do so?

So with Dan returning at (or immediately after) PAX West, what are the chances they unveil the new hire there. I mean, Dan said he's there until PAX to help them out with them being a man down. So, why until PAX? Would you want them to do so?

I imagine the plan is for Dan to incorporate returning to GB West into some kind of Paxamania shenanigans. I don't think they'll unveil a new hire there (though that would be kinda cool).

I was finally able to pull off a elusive target.

My hot strat was.
Start as Tech Crew
Get to Sheikh's Bathroom
Become The Sheikh
Find egg in meeting room upstairs.
Trick one guard after another into the bathroom and KO them.
Steal Egg
Run outside
Collect Sniper rifle
Wait 7 minutes at the top of the crain until the guy went for a smoke
sick 360 no scope headshot
Run to the chopper.

After Dr Sniper I have been going back and trying to do the Sniper challenges. Lots of finding the perfect spot and waiting. Lots of waiting.

Tagyhag

As a big fan of the classic Worms, this is the first 2D one since World Party that I dig the art style of.

Not sure about the vehicles but I'm sure there'll be an option to remove them.

Just bought tickets to PAX South
WOO!
Did anyone from the gang go there this year? (I don't think so, so they probably won't be there next year) I would like to see a panel/meetup of theirs or something, but I'm going with friends that don't know about GB so it would be a bit strange..

"Hey come to this panel hosted by these guys on the internet that I know a little too much about"

A little off topic, but does anyone have tips on how to move a pc and a monitor across the country (from WA to VA)? I'm flying so just putting it in a car isn't an option for me. Seems like my best bet is taking out some components and shipping it separately, but was wondering if anyone's done it before and had any thoughts.

I only watched part of Brad's stream, but once I realized there was a new Hitman elusive target, had to give it a go myself. Man this one was hard, but I still managed to eventually pull it off. Guess someone spotted me when I used the syringe on the Broker guy, and after that was like 30 minutes of running and hiding, and trying to find the egg at the same time because I had no idea where it was. Unlike normal gameplay, as soon as I killed the Broker, the whole place went on lockdown, and they never stopped searching even when I switched disguises, they were still on alert, which made it pretty tough.

A little off topic, but does anyone have tips on how to move a pc and a monitor across the country (from WA to VA)? I'm flying so just putting it in a car isn't an option for me. Seems like my best bet is taking out some components and shipping it separately, but was wondering if anyone's done it before and had any thoughts.

I've shipped a laptop with UPS/Fed Ex... They have stuff where they can pack it in pretty tight with packing peanuts, and I've even seen some people buy a block of styrofoam and cut it out to fit in a box as well... If you do ship it you can claim how much the stuff inside is worth so if it's damaged I assume they would replace it.

yeah, I really really really really REALLY wish they would either cut UPF, or just come up with a new format. I'm sorry to put it this way, but it just feels like it's gotten lazy, and stale, and I don't know why they don't seem interested in changing it. I'd probably be more interested if they pulled out an old console more often, but most of the time it's them pulling up some random ass game on Steam, or maybe a PS4 game. As it is, I find myself looking at the UPF archive and just seeing what they played, and not even watching most of it because I become so bored.

When really you waited until the very moment that Brad changed the announcers so it went silent.

So is Dota always in VR now, or is that just for the International? That might have been the coolest VR thing I've seen.

Spectating Dota in VR will be available going forward. No plans to make the game playable in it.

And yeah, in the end I timed it the worst/best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom