• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad's hesitation is so bad. Anytime he kills someone, it's like he freezes up an thinks about the 50 steps he needs to take while the enemy is swarming to the location

FStop7

Banned
I want to see Jason's City of Heroes fan films.

The Xbox One S unboxing vid gave me motion sickness. I never get motion sickness when watching shaky cam stuff. But the green screen effect messed with my depth perception in a strange way. The combination made me feel queasy after just a couple of minutes.

Novocaine

Would someone better at this kind of thing make a .gif of Jeff telling Dan to get out on UPF (pref with subs). I feel like it would be a useful .gif to have at the ready.

VCjSCw4.png

repeater

Would someone better at this kind of thing make a .gif of Jeff telling Dan to get out on UPF (pref with subs). I feel like it would be a useful .gif to have at the ready.
Oh, believe me, this was done mere seconds after the event. Not my creation (can't remember who made it, sorry), but here you go:
xCTuBZI.gif

Except that his main point seemed to be "they're barely games/why aren't they graphic novels".

Like, come on. The whole selling point is "your decisions matter" so he clearly hasn't thought about it for more than 1 second. But That's Our Dan.

Whoa, I never said the dude was a brilliant debater or anything, I just enjoyed seeing some Old Dan seep through the cracks.

Also, wouldn't it be "your decisions matter*"

demidar

But that's not the argument he made (and also I disagree). I just hate whenever people criticize games for not being game enough or whatever (which Brad also said about the Mario Maker level editor. Like, who cares?)

They're definitely games, I just heavily disagree with "meaningful decisions". Telltake should just lean into telling a linear story with variations and never uttering those quoted words ever again.

LiK

I was thinking about this and I don't believe Dan when he says he never listens to podcasts. Bet he has a pretty good playlist.

Maiorum

I was thinking during that Tt games segment that if Austin were still here, he'd have made an argument about getting to know characters and making dialogue choices being every bit as "gameplay" as anything else and we could have listened to a cool discussion about that.

Help a dude out? I'm trying to link someone to there bombcast section where they listen to the automated European shortwave radio signals but can't find it anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom