• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Yeah, VinDan was probably funnier in a vacuum, but the psychological tension in HitDan adds something special.

i think Dan revels in torturing Brad. it def doesn make it hilarious. VinDan is a nice treat that I will also enjoy.

Salarians

GB Duder Fursonas
Jeff: Bear
Brad: Guinea Pig
Dan: Bald Eagle
Drew: Golden Retriever
Alex: Lemur
Vinny: Black Labrador

Austin: Koala (because he looks so cuddly)
Patrick: Mongoose (wearing a wig)

I can't place Jason and Bakalar yet.
tumblr_o7m3ha9Mbi1qlv884o1_1280.png

tumblr_o7m3ha9Mbi1qlv884o4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_o7m3ha9Mbi1qlv884o5_r1_1280.png
(source)

Vinny's lust for chaos doesn't really fit hitman slow flow. I hope the new map QL is out of new York though. A normal mission will give Vinny more breathing room to get Dan to fuck around.

Or cross coast Brad, Dan, Vin would be the bestest

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HitDan just gets grating.

VinDan is what HitDan was originally about. Being as dumb as possible and getting away with it... Normally.

As HitDan continues, Brad gets more and more cautious and takes longer and longer to do anything. VinDan reminded me of when I liked that idea as a feature.

f0rk

HitDan just gets grating.

VinDan is what HitDan was originally about. Being as dumb as possible and getting away with it... Normally.

As HitDan continues, Brad gets more and more cautious and takes longer and longer to do anything. VinDan reminded me of when I liked that idea as a feature.

It's like Deadly Premonition all over again

LiK

probably why Brad needs Vinny or Dan to coach him or it would be pretty boring to watch. I love Brad but he plays very methodically.

Salarians

Dan: "Who sings Shake it Off?"
Vinny: "Shake it off~♪"
Dan: "Shake it Off does not sing Shake it Off."

I can understand Alex not knowing of Taylor ham, but Vinny? I feel betrayed.

LiK

Huh. New Destiny stuff comes out in a month.

Remember Destiny? Remember caring about that thing?

yea, don't give a rat's ass about it anymore. i literally suffered PTSD from some of those raids. also, they ruined the Crucible and Trials for me by tweaking the guns into shit-tier.

repeater

Dan: "Who sings Shake it Off?"
Vinny: "Shake it off~♪"
Dan: "Shake it Off does not sing Shake it Off."

I can understand Alex not knowing of Taylor ham, but Vinny? I feel betrayed.
Yeah, she's a national treasure but honestly her last album was stronger.

BearPawB

Banned
I never even did any of the raids, because not having a group finder for them is the worst thing ever.

All i wanted was a WoW like LFR version. Easier/worse gear just let me fucking see the content

LiK

Raids were fun with a good group but when you end up with people who lose patience cuz you fuck up or someone else fucks up, it's a pain in the ass. Lots of pressure for some of those boss fights specially in Hard mode. I'm not sure I can return to that. I'll wait for reviews. D-GAF had some good peeps but there were a few I fucking hated and they still play the game.

Destiny Gaf is the best group finder.

When I got back into it after getting TTK for cheap I could never get in a group with them. Thread moved so fast and they had so many cliques already it was hard to "get in" on one.

Hope Bungie have a solution for riad matchmaking raids in Destiny 2 next year. I dont give 2 fucks about maxing my gear. Just have a baby tier for randoms who just want to see the content and move on.

If they can do hard more raids with harder puzzles and challenges surely a easy mode that dumbs that stuff down isnt asking much? Make the gear crap for that level. I dont care.

And just have matchmaking for ALL strike modes. I did plenty of nightfalls with randoms from LFG with no mics and it was fine.

When I got back into it after getting TTK for cheap I could never get in a group with them. Thread moved so fast and they had so many cliques already it was hard to "get in" on one.

It is a bit trash at times. Like, a group of assholes got pissed off that I was posting about the GI updates on RoI, so they come in with "do you even play the game" because I havent played in a couple months.

And there is just a type of elitism that festers from those type of people. Not saying all of DestinyGAF is like that, but the people that are, are loud and annoying.

Lunar FC

Well if Destiny gaf is lame now i'd be down to play with ya'll. I fell off after taken king aswell. I don't even know where to start to try to get back into it.

Well if Destiny gaf is lame now i''d be down to play with ya'll. I fell off after taken king aswell. I don't even know where to start to try to get back into it.

Its not that bad. It might just be easier getting back in when RoI hits if only because there will be an influx of returning players then.

justjim89

The progression in Overwatch feels way too slow. I'm at level 17 and it usually takes like 90 minutes to go up a level. The game is starting to feel like work, I don't understand how people are at like level 50 and 60.

demidar

Well if Destiny gaf is lame now i'd be down to play with ya'll. I fell off after taken king aswell. I don't even know where to start to try to get back into it.

There's no way a game that has gotten in the top 10 list of Giant Bomb have gotten so so bad.

Love your avatar btw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Trash is way overstating it.
The game is fun, and has some cool systems.

It is a solid 8/10

Nope. Shallow characters, boring setting, repetitive grinding as the core focus of the game, braindead easy more than halfway through the game, subpar Batman mechanics. Gimmicky trash is the best way of putting it. The worst AC is better than Shadows of Mordor.

BearPawB

Banned
Nope. Shallow characters, boring setting, repetitive grinding as the core focus of the game, braindead easy more than halfway through the game, subpar Batman mechanics. Gimmicky trash is the best way of putting it. The worst AC is better than Shadows of Mordor.

I don't think you have ever played a trash game then.

*shrug* I had a lot of fun with it, don't know what to tell you. I probably enjoyed it more than any AC game outside of brotherhood

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think you have ever played a trash game then.

*shrug* I had a lot of fun with it, don't know what to tell you. I probably enjoyed it more than any AC game outside of brotherhood

I played Simpsons Wrestling, ET, Superman 64, Rise of the Robots, tons of licensed SNES games

but do try to continue attacking me rather than my position.

BearPawB

Banned
I played Simpsons Wrestling, ET, Superman 64, Rise of the Robots, tons of licensed SNES games

but do try to continue attacking me rather than my position.

That counts as attacking you? Christ..

I don't like Lord of the Rings and I liked that game.
I've never read the books. I've seen the movies once each.

I thought the powers you got were fun to use. I liked hunting down the leaders of the orcs. I liked that they had different ways you had to take them down.

I'm not arguing that the game was my game of the year or anything.

But by putting it in the same tier as ET you have gone to full on hyperbole. IDK how you can expect anyone to take you seriously with that. ET is a trash game, it is broken to it's very core. I get not LIKING shadow of mordor. OR thinking its a worse batman game. That seems reasonable.

Sure, it was easy, i have no idea what happened in the story, and the setting wasn't memorable. All I remember about that game was having fun playing it, which gets a game pretty far in my book.

kiguel182

That whole recent beastcast was amazing, especially the email segment.

Also, Alex dropped a Motion City Soundtrack reference which was pretty neat.

I never even did any of the raids, because not having a group finder for them is the worst thing ever.

All i wanted was a WoW like LFR version. Easier/worse gear just let me fucking see the content

I only did Vault of Glass and that was enough for me. It didn't even give me the achievement/trophy for doing one!

I mean opinions are opinions but the worst AC is better? Man...the combat in AC overall is just...EGH.

Trash is way overstating it.
The game is fun, and has some cool systems.

It is a solid 8/10

It's a solid collection of mechanics that the game never does anything with, more a tech demo than a full game. It features an ending that is an afterthought, and does absolutely nothing of value with the Middle-Earth setting or the original characters it introduces. And worse still, it didn't even inspire others to copy the Nemesis system. The biggest takeaway anyone that plays it will ever have is how to properly pronounce Celebrimbor.

In other words, a solid 3/5.

BearPawB

Banned
It's a solid collection of mechanics that the game never does anything with, more a tech demo than a full game. It features an ending that is an afterthought, and does absolutely nothing of value with the Middle-Earth setting or the original characters it introduces. And worse still, it didn't even inspire others to copy the Nemesis system. The biggest takeaway anyone that plays it will ever have is how to properly pronounce Celebrimbor.

In other words, a solid 3/5.

Sure, I can understand that.
I also don't think a 3/5 is a trash game.

I don't know if i would call a 2/5 a trash game

If someone came up to me and said: should i play shadow of mordor? I would say: yeah, that game was fun.

I just don't like the idea that any game that is average suddenly becomes trash. There is real trash out there. There are games that are unfun for their whole duration. There are games that are unplayable. Those games are trash

Tagyhag

alright, I was out of town. Why is Dan in NYC only temporarily?

Could be anything at this point, we don't know.

1. It's too short notice to just up and move entirely to NYC.
2. Dan and Bianca could be there scoping out and seeing if they want to get a place at all there.
3. GB East might already have some people in mind to take over Austin's spot.
4. This could be a trial run to see how well East and the fans take Dan being there.
5. Jeff wants to keep Dan in the West.
6. Dan may hate SF but not enough to actually want to move offices.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

We won't know until the month is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom