• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santar

Damn.

I feel like IO deserves a ton of credit on two levels: first of all, they fulfilled the potential of the Hitman. They really nailed the game mechanics after 16 (has it been that long??) years of iterating a very difficult concept into something that is challenging, fun, and allows for a lot of creativity. Second, they fulfilled the promise of episodic content bringing more value to players.

I was so skeptical when this game was announced and now it's easily my front runner for GotY. I'd go as far as to say it's currently my GotG.

Except for the part where the game requires a internet connection for absolutely no reason at all. It's completely useless offline, you can't even unlock stuff, do challenges or level up. You don't even get a score from completing the story missions offline.

And the fact that the whole experience feels very bare bones if you actually want to play it for any stretch of time. The contracts mode is severly underdeveloped and vastly inferior to the Absolution version.

Based on the Hello Games stream and now a bit of the Kish stream, I'm definitely on board with NMS. I consciously kept my expectations in check for months (years, even) and now I'm seeing the game is more than I expected. Very excited to get into it, and all the more disappointed about the last-minute PC delay.

Just saying... Sometimes No Man's Sky looks like a Nintendo 64 game put through a awesome emulator.

I think the fog on this planet is unique to it. But yeah the textures can be kind of shitty, but that's just procedural games in general really.

no man's sky looks like a complete snore-fest

Definitely not a game for everyone. Sean Murray said himself earlier it was a niche game. I think it looks cool though.

Watching Gamespot's stream... No Man's Sky better allow keyboard input for naming. Because controller typing is the worst.

Looks really good though, visually. Real flair to the presentation. Reminds me of... uh... Destiny, actually. (Although it shares the same bad Destiny UI also.)

Also,
Sure, you can watch the show without logging in, but The Future has arrived and the time for interactivity is now! If you were to sign into your account you could chat with other viewers in the space before this helpful message IN REAL TIME. Just think of the life-changing conversations you're missing out on right now!
Gamespot's "not logged in" stream message. Makes me wonder what GB's is.

kiguel182

Always online shouldn't be used as a knock against a game in 2016. If you have a spotty internet connecting it sucks but most people with a console have internet and it fails as much as power does.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The FOV seems a little low to me. Though sometimes when you watch gameplay as opposed to playing it direct it seems rougher than it is.

Strax

Always online shouldn't be used as a knock against a game in 2016. If you have a spotty internet connecting it sucks but most people with a console have internet and it fails as much as power does.

You must be smoking that good shit.

I live in the most internet connected country in the world and I have much more problem with internet then power. Also PSN/Xbox Live can't be trusted.

Rainmaker

Banned
Bakalar just wants that ship. The big two-legged lizard thing he found is the coolest creature I've seen and I've watched a lot of streams.

Santar

Ahh of course, I'm glad that you were here to set the record straight about what we, the people of earth are allowed to think.

Rainmaker

Banned
Balakar dies three times in 10 minutes, sets a bad spawn and crashes the game

worst NMS player to date, and he's one of ours

He was born to be a Giant Bomb employee.

Also, I'm guessing that planet had already been discovered by someone since it was orange and named Nickelodeon

For those interested in the game, but did not pre-order it, Best Buy this week is including the pre-order bonus with every purchase (pre-order or not):

grsNcKs.png

From what I understand, it's a ready-to-go ship with a hyperdrive.

Ashby

For those interested in the game, but did not pre-order it, Best Buy this week is including the pre-order bonus with every purchase (pre-order or not):

grsNcKs.png

From what I understand, it's a ready-to-go ship with a hyperdrive.

Don't think I would want this. Don't want to miss out on that sense of satistification of building my own ship.

Sean Murray doing an AMA right now.

Loooot of PC questions being asked. AMA just started, so I'm hoping for future VR support and hopefully HOTAS support at launch.

I'll tell you a funny story about PC. I was here late yesterday, and I had to take a break and do an interview with Playboy (!) - and the guy was like "what are you working on when you go back downstairs?" and I was like "compatibility for ATI opengl drivers", and he said "ummm.... could you make something up. That sounds pretty nerdy". I always knew I wasn't Playboy article material :)

LOL

Does anyone know if there's plans to video record the Beastcast or at least upload it as a video file, playing the Bombcast on my Roku is pretty great and it's a lot more convenient for me personally.

Does anyone know if there's plans to video record the Beastcast or at least upload it as a video file, playing the Bombcast on my Roku is pretty great and it's a lot more convenient for me personally.

I don't think it's feasible, the podcast studio in NY is a shared space with the rest of CBSi as far as I know.

Mary Kish, video producer, just said NMS is 60fps on console

Z5SZk3L.gif

e: and just said you can dig through to the other side of the planet, which I don't think is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom