• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
Chances for an impromptu "It's better than nothing" post-mortem?

BLvkHbg.gif

jk I'm sure it'll be a great game

https://youtu.be/xzC5ygMLf2Y?t=11m18s
Danny had a recent periscope where he mentioned Dan in New York and made it sound like maybe we haven't heard the full story about that whole thing yet.
Sounded like the plans changed recently or something.
Just watch the clip and hear for yourselves.

Current theory.

Dan has actually permanently moved to the east coast (because fuck San Francisco rent) without telling CBSi management and has disguised his move as a temporary visit to the east cast office while he slums it living with his GF's parents while looking for a place.

In like a month he will say on twitter "I live in Jersey now" and that will be that.

popo

I need Jeff's opinion on NMS. If it can win Jeff over I will know it is good. Any idea if he is still on holiday?

Mr. F

Banned
Based on the streams I've watched it doesn't seem like a Jeff game. But maybe he'll surprise me.

I think it'll be a Brad/Vinny/Drew (maybe) thing.

Bonus prediction; Dan will say he wanted to like it but then after playing realized it was basically a 'stick plus rock' game and threw it across the room

Bladelaw

The Double Agent (or whatever they call the Hitman series of videos) inspired me to pick up the game and play around. I'll echo what they say and show, this game is fun as hell.

Like other open-ended games Hitman gives you really fun stories to tell and it's really fun for people to watch (at least my wife likes it).

BearPawB

Banned
I have it on ipad. it's a little barebones even for an idle game

I like it's simplicity.
Also like that it has multiple planets with different currency rates.

It is definitely the clicker I played the most of.

Jeff likes Tap Tycoon, but i find that to be super barebones

Is anyone else hating these sub half hour quick looks? I always get excited for quick looks then it feels like the last couple of weeks have mostly been small quicklooks. I understand that some of the games are just too short to do longer quicklooks (Abzu being a prime example) but man, I miss me some long form content.

BearPawB

Banned
Is anyone else hating these sub half hour quick looks? I always get excited for quick looks then it feels like the last couple of weeks have mostly been small quicklooks. I understand that some of the games are just too short to do longer quicklooks (Abzu being a prime example) but man, I miss me some long form content.

I mean, i don't want an hour and a half quick look for a game that doesn't warrant it

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No. Quick Looks were getting longer and longer. Many of them for no reason at all.

FStop7

Banned
Vice took over a building in Brooklyn that had two great music venues and shut them both down this past year. Boo Vice.

but weed

So is someone gonna jump straight to NMS or are we all waiting what El Jeffe has to say?

I had the SE pre-ordered and then canceled it after reading the mixed first impressions.

But I read some of the patch notes this morning and decided to get the standard digital version. Fuck it, I'll gamble with 60 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom