• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonka

They apparently had a hard time getting people to realise that the part of the planet facing the sun would be the light side and the other side the dark side when you landed on it.

Man, I'm on that knife edge of whether or not I want this game...

I don't know why, but I really dig that language learning thing. It's cool that over time, you'll start to understand the alien languages and be able to more accurately communicate with them.

MG310

Good job Target

IMG_20160808_125104963.jpg

Screw it. I just pre-ordered the game on the Playstation store. When they first announced the game, I was super stoked. I'll be honest, though, I haven't kept up with the news recently. Are there things like bounties or other side missions?

Screw it. I just pre-ordered the game on the Playstation store. When they first announced the game, I was super stoked. I'll be honest, though, I haven't kept up with the news recently. Are there things like bounties or other side missions?

Maybe. I'm not sure. But, I think Rebel Galaxy has that stuff, if that's what you're seeking. It's free on PS+ this month.

Maybe. I'm not sure. But, I think Rebel Galaxy has that stuff, if that's what you're seeking. It's free on PS+ this month.

Yeah, I've been playing hours of that game. I can't get enough of it.

EDIT: I just read in the Day 1 patch notes that Bounties are actually in the game. They also added in pirates that increase in difficulty based on your cargo. That's pretty rad.

Tubobutts

The patch notes mentioned adding bounties.

kiguel182

I'm curious to see the opinions on No Mans Sky.

I went from "Day One" to "Im not paying 60 euros for a survival game" and the game as been looking uglier for me as of late.

I'll probably get it eventually but it's a game that totally died on me from reveal to release.

I don't know. I'm not even sure it's a totally rational thing but I'm just meh on it now. Good thing too because I don't have money to spare on it.

I don't know why, but I really dig that language learning thing. It's cool that over time, you'll start to understand the alien languages and be able to more accurately communicate with them.

Someone mentioned the other day that he talked to an alien and
had no idea what he was saying. He picked on of the options, and ended up getting betrothed to an alien instead of him, lol

Catvoca

Banned

I went from "Day One" to "Im not paying 60 euros for a survival game" and the game as been looking uglier for me as of late.

I'll probably get it eventually but it's a game that totally died on me from reveal to release.

I don't know. I'm not even sure it's a totally rational thing but I'm just meh on it now. Good thing too because I don't have money to spare on it.

I feel the opposite. I was kind of distant from It at first, when I heard all of the lofty things they were saying about scale and how vague they were at describing any of the game's systems, but now that it's in people's hands I'm loving what I'm seeing and might actually pick it up day 1.

Tubobutts

Have you watched any streams? I was the opposite of you. I went from "who cares?" to immediately pre ordering after a couple of hours if watching it played.

Scizzy

My hopes for GB coverage of NMS is dual streams:

A wacky Vinny/Dan adventure which leaves a broken trail of space cops in their wake and a thoughtful, meditative stream from Drew/Brad, which considers the majesty and the mystery of the universe.

Ashby

FStop7

Banned

Damn.

I feel like IO deserves a ton of credit on two levels: first of all, they fulfilled the potential of the Hitman. They really nailed the game mechanics after 16 (has it been that long??) years of iterating a very difficult concept into something that is challenging, fun, and allows for a lot of creativity. Second, they fulfilled the promise of episodic content bringing more value to players.

I was so skeptical when this game was announced and now it's easily my front runner for GotY. I'd go as far as to say it's currently my GotG.

kiguel182

I feel the opposite. I was kind of distant from It at first, when I heard all of the lofty things they were saying about scale and how vague they were at describing any of the game's systems, but now that it's in people's hands I'm loving what I'm seeing and might actually pick it up day 1.

Have you watched any streams? I was the opposite of you. I went from "who cares?" to immediately pre ordering after a couple of hours if watching it played.

I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not even sure why I feel this way but it really started looking less appealing as they showed more.

I'm playing Fallout 4 now and I love wandering around there so that part of the game I'm still into it.

I'll probably pick it up during a Christmas sale on PS4 or something. I'll still skip launch because, no money.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Damn.

I feel like IO deserves a ton of credit on two levels: first of all, they fulfilled the potential of the Hitman. They really nailed the game mechanics after 16 (!) years of iterating. Second, they fulfilled the promise of episodic content bringing more value to players.

I was so skeptical when this game was announced and now it's easily my front runner for GotY. I'd go as far as to say it's currently my GotG.

I'd wager they will release "complete" copies of the game after every Season. Similar to what they are doing with Killer Instinct or like Super SF4 or similar.

I'd love to hear from people who play the game in some kind of linear fashion if it holds up. All the accounts I hear is that people like the bite sized nature of Hitman. So the episodic structure is working out well. I bet in a complete form, the gameplay might not hold up so well.

Part of the reason I enjoy Hitman is the episodic nature of it. I like that I can play for an hour or two, finish the mission and then forget about it for a month, or until an elusive target comes along. Heck, even if I get the urge to play between releases, there's still escalations and other targets that I can do.

It's almost the perfect kinda game. No commitment, and it's there when you want it to be.

justjim89

I rewatching Paxamania II since the edited video is up and man, just some hilarious stuff. Jeff's family doctor routine is killing me.

Curufinwe

Damn.

I feel like IO deserves a ton of credit on two levels: first of all, they fulfilled the potential of the Hitman. They really nailed the game mechanics after 16 (has it been that long??) years of iterating a very difficult concept into something that is challenging, fun, and allows for a lot of creativity. Second, they fulfilled the promise of episodic content bringing more value to players.

They shipped part of a game in March because Square Enix's Fiscal Year ended 3/31/16 and they needed to get something on the market. It's not really episodic or something to be proud of.

https://www.gameinformer.com/games/hitman_episode_1/b/playstation4/default.aspx

I'll be the contrarian and say that I would love watching Vinny wander around lost in a castle looking for items. SOTN is such a wonderful game, that I could watch just about anyone play it forever. I understand that I am probably an outlier on this, but I really want to see Vinny get thought SOTN.

Me and you both.

Austin + Patrick talk about the Neo on a roof https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MYxNzPpYWoxw

Podcast pls.

If episodic hitman is legitimately working out well for IO / Square then that is great.

Only thing I would change is I wish each episode had more then 1 IO hand crafted mission.

Oh and escalations are just not fun.

tonka

With the elusive targets they're doing exactly the thing people complained about Bungie not doing for Destiny with all their money.

that and the game's good

I'd wager they will release "complete" copies of the game after every Season. Similar to what they are doing with Killer Instinct or like Super SF4 or similar.

I'd love to hear from people who play the game in some kind of linear fashion if it holds up. All the accounts I hear is that people like the bite sized nature of Hitman. So the episodic structure is working out well. I bet in a complete form, the gameplay might not hold up so well.
Got the game yesterday and literally just finished the bonus missions (movie set, Marrakesh at night). Played over 6 hours. It's really great.

Haven't played any elusive targets yet, but I can't wait!

kai3345

Banned
my biggest complaint about hitman is that a lot of the space in some of these levels (especially sapienza) is criminally underutilized. I thought the elusive targets might fix this, but none so far have really warranted the use of the extra areas.

also the mission creator definitely needs some work. how there's no search function is baffling to me.

SomberOwl

I don't know if anyone else in Canada has been having this happen to them - ever since Dark Souls 3, every game I've pre-ordered off Amazon.ca has come on the Monday before release.

About to play No Man's Sky in a bit. Hopefully it can get me back into games a bit. Been in a slouch lately. I'm not really into survival games but I am down for a good podcast game until the fall. Hoping it delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom