• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably like 90% of the people playing it say it's a solid 30

A lot of the guys posting over in the NMS OT are convinced its 30 FPS. Typically, those are the types of players that can tell. Until Digital Foundry does its stuff, I'm expecting 30 FPS.

That's a shame for PS4 players. I hope it's well optimized on PC, I'm hoping to downsample from a high resolution and still have a rock-solid 60.

kiguel182

You must be smoking that good shit.

I live in the most internet connected country in the world and I have much more problem with internet then power. Also PSN/Xbox Live can't be trusted.

The extent of my internet problems is "ugh, I have to restart the router" or plugging and unplugging my powerline adapters.

PSN having issues is a different matter.

Ahh of course, I'm glad that you were here to set the record straight about what we, the people of earth are allowed to think.

I'm disagreeing with you. Not telling you what to think.

The extent of my internet problems is "ugh, I have to restart the router" or plugging and unplugging my powerline adapters.

Yeah. For me, it's the powerline thing. Though, that is always more of an issue with the powerline adapter I have for my PC rather than the one I have for my PS4. My PS4 one never needs to be unplugged and replugged, whereas my PC one does need to every once and a while. The majority of the time my internet goes down is when I lose power. Very rarely is the internet completely down for the entire area (typically due to a severe thunder storm). As for losing power, we usually just get random quick outages/surges that knock out the power for less than a minute (more than enough time to knock out my internet for several minutes). I've been trying to convince my parents to get a UPS (universal power supply) for our modem and router. I have one in my room for my two TV's, PC, PS4, and X1 (Comcast) box. With the UPS, whenever we get those quick surges/outages, the battery kicks in and keeps my stuff (that's already powered on) powered on long enough until the power turns back on (typically less than a minute). Having a UPS for our modem and router will allow the internet to stay on during those quick surges/outages (curse you BG&E!!!!).

lEJQgtr.png

Salarians

it's better
Good to hear. I played about 10 hours or so of the first game around when Yakuza 2 came out and the music is what I remember most (also kicking people in their faces).

I think I might just play Yakuza 5 and ignore NMS for the time being.

LiK

Good to hear. I played about 10 hours or so of the first game around when Yakuza 2 came out and the music is what I remember most (also kicking people in their faces).

I think I might just play Yakuza 5 and ignore NMS for the time being.

i would prefer you play all of them in order cuz each game is like a chapter in a book. at least start with Y4 first.

Man, I'm getting annoyed by GameSpot's trend for click-bait titles. Most recent offender: They said Ark: Survival Evolved is not coming to PS4. Even in the video, they say Sony won't let it on PS4. Then they read the quote from the developer that contradicts GameSpot. The quote said that Sony won't let Ark on PS4 until it's completed. Currently it's available on XB1 and PC in Early Access. Way to twist words. Sony probably does not want to go the Early Access route XB1 took.

Man, I'm getting annoyed by GameSpot's trend for click-bait titles. Most recent offender: They said Ark: Survival Evolved is not coming to PS4. Even in the video, they say Sony wont let it on PS4. Then they read the quote from the developer that contradicts GameSpot. The quote said that Sony won't let Ark on PS4 until it's completed. Currently it's available on XB1 and PC in Early Access. Way to twist words. Sony probably does not want to go the Early Access route XB1 took.

that's why you don't get your video game news from anywhere but Joystiq NeoGAF

Salarians

i would prefer you play all of them in order cuz each game is like a chapter in a book. at least start with Y4 first.
I might just read a synopsis. I'm really more interested in the taxi driving, idol dancing, UFO catcher stuff (and kicking dudes in their faces).

Mr. F

Banned
Just realized I never watched through the HitDan for Marrakesh. I remember some griping around the time about it being kind of boring, but over all is it worth a watch?

ultron87

I was explaing the Bombcast today to someone and realized that I've been listening to it weekly for over 8 years. That has to be the media thing that I've been consistently listening to the longest in my entire life. The only thing that might be close is the Simpsons back in the good years.

I was explaing the Bombcast today to someone and realized that I've been listening to it weekly for over 8 years. That has to be the media thing that I've been consistently listening to the longest in my entire life. The only thing that might be close is the Simpsons back in the good years.

It's gets even weirder if you were listening to the OG dudes since The Hotspot. Man, grew up with the guys and still entertaining as ever.

That Slain game looks pretty rad. Probably gonna pick it up on sale.

I've always wanted to get it ever since it was shown. Waiting for it to hit consoles though, glad to know they fixed alot.

Vinny in the Sky with Ryckert

I'll be disappointed if Dan didn't name a planet Boohbah and then explain to Vinny all about the magic of Boohbahs.

Even during the post-passing year, it was still knocking some out of the park. It's that consistancy.

Need that energy drink segment back though. :p

jeff and brad are the only people i've heard speak every week for the last seven consecutive years

Crazy that Episode 500 should happen in about a year (sometime in September 2017). A lot of video game podcasts I listen to started in 2007/2008 and are approaching 500 episodes. It's hard to remember a time without video game podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom