• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I've been watching streams and it seems that No Mans Sky would be a much better game without mining and crafting. It just seems like busywork

Mr. F

Banned
Parts of NMS (from what I'm watching) feel like they've cherrypicked elements of Destiny's UI strictly in the visual sense and less from a usability perspective.

All the menus it throws at you feel kind of overwhelming and disorganized/messy in spots.

Lunar FC

It seems like the perfect game to relax and listen to some podcasts to.

image.php

Badly need one these, Doom isn't doing to trick.

Omg, Jeff's "shuffle problem" speaks to my soul. I didn't even realise it until now, either.

NinjaEdit: And No Man's Sky just turned into Rebel Galaxy in Jeff's stream. Whoaa~

Houndi101

I ain't looking for agreement tho, differing opinions are important to know the goods and the bads.
Pretty much he says it's not so different from other survival games but says he's gonna need a lot more time with it before the review

Tubobutts

Man, there is a lot of misinformation in the NMS quick look.

Almost none of it is when they are talking about the game.
For example: Dan thinks chickens are mammals

Edit:
He thinks all birds are mammals and that feathers are fur.

It just gets worse as it goes on. From everyone.

Man, there is a lot of misinformation in the NMS quick look.

Almost none of it is when they are talking about the game.
For example: Dan thinks chickens are mammals

Edit:
He thinks all birds are mammals and that feathers are fur.

It just gets worse as it goes on. From everyone.

To be fair to them, it actually can get quite confusing (though, Dan's idea of what makes mammals mammals was headscratching). Birds are actually now considered to be related to reptiles, especially crocodilians. Also, many scientists believe birds to be the only living form of dinosaurs. So, if Vinny had known all that, it just would've actually made things worse for Dan.

Tubobutts

To be fair to them, it actually can get quite confusing (though, Dan's idea of what makes mammals mammals was headscratching). Birds are actually now considered to be related to reptiles, especially crocodilians. Also, many scientists believe birds to be the only living form of dinosaurs. So, if Vinny had known all that, it just would've actually made things worse for Dan.
He thinks chickens are mammals with fur feathers.

He thinks chickens are mammals with fur feathers.

Yeah it was odd. The only thing birds and mammals have in common is they are warm blooded. Just imagine if that came up in the conversation, the difference between warm blooded and cold blooded.

Edit- Now I'm at their moon conversation. :/

Tubobutts

Yeah it was odd. The only thing birds and mammals have in common is they are warm blooded. Just imagine if that came up in the conversation, the difference between warm blooded and cold blooded.

Edit- Now I'm at their moon conversation. :/
Giant Bomb #24 | Water is not attracted to magnets

At least Vinny is willing to indulge Dan.
But also I think Dan is making Alex and Vinny second guess themselves.

Giant Bomb #24 | Water is not attracted to magnets

At least Vinny is willing to indulge Dan.
But also I think Dan is making Alex and Vinny second guess themselves.

Because the idea that an adult with both a highschool diploma and a college degree not knowing the moon has gravity and thinks that birds are mammals is so dumb founding that it leads one to question their own sanity. There's also the part where he didn't know if plutonium was an element or not. If it was just one of those things fine, but it's a whole string of completely oblivious questions in that quick look that got me.

He likes to claim he's doing a bit, but sometimes he's clearly not and I'm fairly certain in most of this quick look he wasn't. I really don't get Dan at all, the man is like a walking paradox.

Meguro

Banned
Looks like the reaction to No Man's Sky is about as mixed as I expected.
Alex had some fun it seems and Austin's "Letter" seemed positive as well.
Also Jim Sterling likes Dynasty Warriors so he's clearly not to be trusted.
I'm kidding.

Tubobutts

You've been Dan Ryckerted.
How is he still alive? What he said was so crazy I'm back to where I was when he first joined.
Like I'm the jerk who gets mad when people think cetaceans are fish or that apes are monkeys, but I have never heard anyone say that chickens were mammals.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah usually I'm not bothered by all the off-topic banter on Quicklooks, quite the opposite, but this one was reeeeally hard to listen to after, like, 30 Minutes of talk about evolution, Jesus and no one having any idea about basic biology.

Yeah usually I'm not bothered by all the off-topic banter on Quicklooks, quite the opposite, but this one was reeeeally hard to listen to after, like, 30 Minutes of talk about evolution, Jesus and no one having any idea about basic biology.

This is great man

"What animal gives birth to dead kids?"

repeater

Can't believe Vinny doesn't reference Paul and Ryan Rand when "the Atlas path" is mentioned in this NMS QL.

Preorder cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom