• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

That was pretty fun, although it could have done with less playing old stuff they've already played. It's an opportunity to highlight some of the games they overlook while claiming nothing is coming out. :p

xFRLa19.png

Hey, Schedule for PAX West just dropped on mobile - and the iconic Saturday night Bombcast Panel isn't on it. Instead it looks like GB is doing a panel in conjunction with Cards Against Humanity earlier in the day. Wrestling idiocy is still scheduled for Sunday morning.

Also possible they'll be doing some events offsite, like they did last year.

justjim89

I've always loved the CAH stuff, at least the videos of them playing the game. Still some of my favorite videos on the site. I just figured they didn't wanna be associated with Temkin anymore since he's an alleged rapist and what not.

ArjanN

I've always loved the CAH stuff, at least the videos of them playing the game. Still some of my favorite videos on the site. I just figured they didn't wanna be associated with Temkin anymore since he's an alleged rapist and what not.

I'm guessing it's way more likely Temkin himself stepped outside the public eye a bit. Pretty sure GB was still cool with him.

CAH > normal Giant Bomb panels

GB panels are just a version of the giant bombcast with terrible audio and an annoying audience that gets pandered to too much, not exactly a high bar.

justjim89

I'm guessing it way more likely Temkin himself stepped outside the public eye a bit. Pretty sure GB was still cool with him.

Not to bring up that whole hornet's nest again, but he sure handled all that in a shitty way even if he didn't do it. He basically said if he'd wanted to he could've sued her into oblivion, but he didn't want to cause he wanted to be nice. After all that business, it's understandable for him to make himself kinda scarce.

I'd be down to see the GB guys play more cards, though. Or maybe they're resurrecting the GB expansion idea.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I really don't think anybody at GB would agree with you.
For now. Let's give it 2 weeks. That seems to be the guys threshold for games. If it goes beyond that then they obviously like it. If they start dropping it or talking less about it then they're obviously done with it and have some grievances.

For now. Let's give it 2 weeks. That seems to be the guys threshold for games. If it goes beyond that then they obviously like it. If they start dropping it or talking less about it then they're obviously done with it and have some grievances.

Well, you also need to take massive updates into mind. Especially when they eventually add in the shipping freighter and base building* components. If they update this as regularly as Rocket League, they may keep returning to it enough.

*I'm wondering how extensive that will be.

Kimaka

I enjoy solo Jeff streams more than UPF, am I crazy?

Jeff can carry a show on his own and still be entertaining. UPF depends on the games they pick and most of their choices are mediocre. I still watch UPF, but it turns into background noise more often than not nowadays.

Definitely. Nobody seems down on the game, but it doesn't seem to have really grabbed any particular duder either. I could see Deus Ex pulling them away from the game, too.

HEY DID YOU GUYS HEAR THE NEWS

IT'S AN AUSTIN CAST

AUSTIN!? WHO THE HECKS AUSTIN!?

Y'KNOW! THAT GUY ACROSS THE STREET!

Did you guys like my Joisey accent. I tried my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom