• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
FISBxX8.jpg

2841594-9808605677-MMuO8.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Am I the only one who was sort of disappointed in Human Revolution? Oh it was fine and it did some cool stuff, especially with the conversation system, but it felt half baked in a lot of areas. The hubs felt like they had three or four meaningful buildings total (mostly Detroit was really guilty of this) with about as many subquests, the levels felt linear and unsurprising and relied a bit too much on "big open space with lots of cover to sneak through" and it was shorter than I expected

Am I the only one who was sort of disappointed in Human Revolution? Oh it was fine and it did some cool stuff, especially with the conversation system, but it felt half baked in a lot of areas. The hubs felt like they had three or four meaningful buildings total (mostly Detroit was really guilty of this) with about as many subquests, the levels felt linear and unsurprising and relied a bit too much on "big open space with lots of cover to sneak through" and it was shorter than I expected

It's a deeply uneven game that gets worse the farther in you get... however, I think the sheer fun of the stealth makes up for a lot of it overall. Like, yeah, it abandoned most of what it introduces in Detroid pretty quickly, and is basically pyramid-shaped in progression, and yet the only part I legitimately did not enjoy was the final tenth of the game, particularly the ending. The moment-to-moment gameplay never really got old.

Biggest improvement they could make game-to-game would be a better story, I think. The first would've been dramatically more interesting had they jettisoned the typical larger-than-life plot in favour of a more ground-level intrigue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rorie might stream some Demon Hunter stuff soon. If you care / have cared about WoW, the Demon Hunter (new class) starting zone is actually very well done.

bomma_man

As someone who never played the original and doesn't own a PC I just want a nice remastered console version of Deus Ex 1.

fleck0

Rorie might stream some Demon Hunter stuff soon. If you care / have cared about WoW, the Demon Hunter (new class) starting zone is actually very well done.

Oh neat, they added demon hunters? I remember back before Vanilla released I was so excited for Hero classes which they teased, and gradually saddened that the idea wasn't fully realized. Do they start at a higher level like Death Knights?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh neat, they added demon hunters? I remember back before Vanilla released I was so excited for Hero classes which they teased, and gradually saddened that the idea wasn't fully realized. Do they start at a higher level like Death Knights?

Yes 98, you do their area in about 2 hours which gets you to 100

Houndi101

Hoping it's not gonna annoy me like his Godzilla flick did..
Who am I kidding he's gonna tease
Vader
the same way throughout the film?

Xater

Well, that's what Gareth Edwards said he was specifically aiming for.

I know, and I am glad he was seemingly able to achieve it. I wasn't a fan of his Godzilla film (I thought going for a similar thing compared to his last film did not fit Godzilla at all. Plus lots of other issues which are mostly script related.), but he knows how to make a film look good. So far I am on board with the vision for this film.

I know, and I am glad he was seemingly able to achieve it. I wasn't a fan of his Godzilla film (I thought going for a similar thing compared to his last film did not fit Godzilla at all. Plus lots of other issues which are mostly script related.), but he knows how to make a film look good. So far I am on board with the vision for this film.

Well, you'd be happy then to know he did not work on the script. The story itself was created by John Knoll (the CCO at ILM) and the script was written by (first) Gary Whitta and (then) Chris Weitz. Also, the movie is getting post-production assistance from Tony Gilroy (who did similar work on The Bourne Identity and the aforementioned Godzilla).

Speaking of Whitta, as he's friends with the Giant Bomb guys, I wonder if he'll pop up on a Bombcast when the movie hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom