• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

the entire last hour of this beastcast is excellent

This is good to hear because I've got about an hour and ten minutes left and couldn't figure out why everyone is hyping what's been a perfectly fine podcast, but not particularly memorable.

Stahp talking about how good the Beastcast is! I try and enjoy it on my commutes to work over a few days, and y'all are making me want to listen to it all in one sitting!

popo

Does this explain Dan's extreme new look?

2876591-dancut.png

"It was so terrible I went home and shaved my head!"

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/man-says-bad-haircut-led-to-attack-at-hair-salon-072716

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
holy shit I missed Austin so much. his laugh always get to me. Im actually going to listen to his Vice podcast tbh

neshcom

Banned
Watching the Brutatl QL and of course it starts with Brad "I Gotta Turn Off Those Notifications" Shoemaker. It's also weird that Jason knows about this game. I'm so used to the other person not knowing it at all.

Xater

Like clockwork, no Brad PS4 QL without complaining about notifications.

holy shit I missed Austin so much. his laugh always get to me. Im actually going to listen to his Vice podcast tbh

Austin it will just make the times he isn't there harder now. :(

The last part of the Beastcast is precisely why I appreciate Dan's willingness to ask questions most people would consider stupid. I'm 100% with Vinny: the answers to those dumbass questions are usually taken for granted, with little consideration given to a) the constantly shifting methodologies used to produce them and b) the complex reasoning behind something as simple as a statement like "No, of course a fucking chicken isn't a mammal." Even his stupid history questions help shine a light on common historiographic concerns about how history is catalogued, taught, and subsequently interpreted.

The last part of the Beastcast is precisely why I appreciate Dan's willingness to ask questions most people would consider stupid. I'm 100% with Vinny: the answers to those dumbass questions are usually taken for granted, with little consideration given to a) the constantly shifting methodologies used to produce them and b) the complex reasoning behind something as simple as a statement like "No, of course a fucking chicken isn't a mammal." Even his stupid history questions help shine a light on common historiographic concerns about how history is catalogued, taught, and subsequently interpreted.

don't you mean "haha dan is so dumb"

Gurrry

Yeah man, i had to bail on all the NMS threads pretty much. People there are just breeding negativity. I understand the game is a love it or hate it type of thing, but ill be damned if i let people ruin my hype for today.

I understand its not what everyone wanted or hoped or dreamed.. but im gonna enjoy what is there and look forward to the future.

Im looking at NMS as a canvas that modders and future updates are going to use to paint in the holes. Im not sure if it has workshop support, but I imagine mods will start dropping relatively quickly.

Meguro

Banned
Why would you ever read gaming for a game that just released and is popular?
Gaf is better than a lot of internet places but when it comes to stuff like that it's the same shit as everywhere.

Kimaka

Why would you ever read gaming for a game that just released and is popular?
Gaf is better than a lot of internet places but when it comes to stuff like that it's the same shit as everywhere.

No Man's Sky is my first time playing a hugely hyped game at release. I take a peak at some of the non-OT threads and they are a mess. Like, damn. I didn't know it got this bad at Gaf.

No Man's Sky is my first time playing a hugely hyped game at release. I take a peak at some of the non-OT threads and they are a mess. Like, damn. I didn't know it got this bad at Gaf.

GAF can be kind of a shit show in certain gaming threads. I don't know what it is, but people get so defensive because someone has a different opinion. It's always been a rule of mine to stay out of review threads. They're the absolute worst.

KingKong

Yeah man, i had to bail on all the NMS threads pretty much. People there are just breeding negativity. I understand the game is a love it or hate it type of thing, but ill be damned if i let people ruin my hype for today.

I understand its not what everyone wanted or hoped or dreamed.. but im gonna enjoy what is there and look forward to the future.

Im looking at NMS as a canvas that modders and future updates are going to use to paint in the holes. Im not sure if it has workshop support, but I imagine mods will start dropping relatively quickly.

its 60 bucks dude. dont treat it like an early access game

Meguro

Banned
it's gross how people seem to be taking glee in nms getting mediocre reviews in that thread.

That's a big thing I've never ever understood.
Why would you want a game to get bad reviews?
Do you not want every game to be fantastic so we all have great games to play?
This mentality of wanting games to fail is incredibly weird to me.

it's gross how people seem to be taking glee in nms getting mediocre reviews in that thread.

Then you have this guy that Alex responded to on Twitter. Looking through the guy's Twitter, he seems super-hardcore XBOX and believes there is a concerted effort among journalists to downplay XBOX. In a response to Alex, Arthur Gies, of all people, seems to imply the guy's YouTube page is something else.

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/763038331856908290

Volotaire

StoveOven

Banned
Haven't been paying a ton of attention to Giant Bomb lately but this week's Beastcast was fantastic. Are there any videos from the past month or so that I should catch up on? The only things I've really watched are the Hitman videos. Thanks in advance

Peru

That's a big thing I've never ever understood.
Why would you want a game to get bad reviews?
Do you not want every game to be fantastic so we all have great games to play?
This mentality of wanting games to fail is incredibly weird to me.

The rabid NMS reddit crowd haven't helped. Understandable if people were sick of them.

After playing No Man's Sky, I kind of wish the worlds created in Minecraft are planet like, where you can circumnavigate it. I would love to be able to take a boat on one coast and be able to reach the other coast. Same goes for GTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom