• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Danny can now get up to some shit without the fear of deportation

i25TWcD.png

Sakwoff

I've never finished SoTN.

Tried it a few times, and always put it down after a couple hours and then couldn't find my way back into it picking it back up.

Linear Castlevania >>>>> Metroidvania

Still excited for Vinny's playthrough. :)

popo

No Man Sky argument 2.0, the PC shit show.

That TotalFuckwit fella on the youtubes is apparently comparing it with Arkham Knight.

Is his wife American? I thought she was Irish, too.

American. He has likely been applying for a while though, if you knew you were getting married it would make the application a lot easier (and cheaper), plus you would do it after getting hitched AFAIK.

No Man Sky argument 2.0, the PC shit show.

That TotalFuckwit fella on the youtubes is apparently comparing it with Arkham Knight.

I changed like 3 things and now have it running at a solid 60 so it ain't Arkham Knight bad for me. But it's definitely got some major issues, even beyond performance (which hopefully can be sorted out for everyone quickly). The UI being 100% identical to the PS4 version (as in hold down mouse click to change menu settings), poor image quality, and no real improvements to pop-in are the main problems for me.

def sim

yeah no man's sky is nothing like arkham knight at launch if all it takes to fix the stuttering is disabling in game vsync and enabling it through the driver

Curufinwe

American. He has likely been applying for a while though, if you knew you were getting married it would make the application a lot easier (and cheaper), plus you would do it after getting hitched AFAIK.

With him getting married so recently I don't think the Green card is marriage-related.

oddjobs

Vinny is terrible at this game. There's not enough immediate danger to keep him on his toes so he doesn't pay attention to anything and just plops forward

Not much difference between that and people taking glee over watching people freak out in review threads.

I mean people freaking out in a review thread requires like five seconds of effort on the poster's part

Taking glee in a game that ten people spent four years of their life working obsessively on getting mediocre reviews because it also happened to get really intense media attention feels grosser to me. Idk.

Meguro

Banned
Dan saying that the backdash is "useful sometimes" is KILLING ME.
I haven't seen anyone play this game in the "normal" way since I originally played it in like 02.
aaaaaaaaa

I mean people freaking out in a review thread requires like five seconds of effort on the poster's part

Taking glee in a game that ten people spent four years of their life working obsessively on getting mediocre reviews because it also happened to get really intense media attention feels grosser to me. Idk.

I understand that people are frustrated because of the game's confusing and vague marketing campaign when it's basically a very light survival game. And the confusion over the multiplayer, a fire fuelled by the poor messaging. But yeah a lot of people take it to extremes. PC version sounds pretty damn busted though.

Volotaire

I like the idea of Giant Bomb having a game book club series with the community, whether it's through discussion with community emails (like the Game Informer Show) or videocalling (like Rev3 games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom