• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
*Shrug*

I've played shooters on the PS2 all the way to the PS4, and the first time I had the option for FoV was Bioshock Infinite on the PC. Which I didn't use because I thought it was weird that it made your gun smaller.

And I find having a dot in the screen in the middle takes care of any motion sickness
There are very real technical reasons for having field of view options. It basically comes down to what display you use and how far away it is from you. Usually that means a console game on a TV should have much lower FoV and a PC game on a monitor should have a much higher one. But since that obviously isn't always correct you sometimes need options.

There's a great short explanation on youtube, but I can't find it. Sad!

Happy folks made enough of a stink about FOV settings for developers to add an in-game setting. Used to always dig around in ini files to widen it. I'm not as sensitive as some are with narrow FOVs but it made playing certain games unpleasant.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I am a bit behind and watching the SPAZ2 section. I'm all the way over "space" games where there is only two dimensional control. That alone pretty much made me drop Rebel Galaxy long before I expected. Make a god damn boat game if you want to make a game that controls like a boat.

edit: Got to the camera settings. At least it can still be played in top down. The default camera is a huge turnoff though.

Fuck you, Jeff. Mike > Joel. Later seasons > early seasons. Space Mutiny and Prince of Space and Werewolf and Puma Man > Joel's entire catalog.

You are correct in every aspect.

Even though my nostalgia for MST3K is rooted in the Mike Nelson-era, it still fills my heart with happiness to see the new series be so successful and enter the public eye like it has.

7kRnXiIh.png

Tagyhag

Eh, I agree with him. FoV options are nice, but it's not impossible to play games without FoV options.

Speak for yourself brah. Low FOV motion sickness is a documented thing and it affects some of us. I couldn't play Borderlands 1 on the PC for more than 30 minutes at a time until I used a 3rd party tool because of the ridiculous FOV.

I'm honestly surprised someone like Jeff doesn't think it's a real thing.

I only just noticed that the screenshot of the homepage in the OP has a Trimps tab and a Cookie Clicker tab open.

"I'm likin trimps over here!" is a top ten bombcast moment

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dan showed a crack in his facade with the "unintentional" tine pun. I now believe the people who keep saying it's all a work.

I have to believe its a work, because someone actually thinking chickens are mammals doesnt compute with me.

I'm finally catching up on the Thursday Jeffstream while i wait for my 3DSXL to transfer to my 2DS. Burnout Paradise's toy cars are among my favorite DLC of all time, and I have to get around to unlocking them on PC.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ah, it's the International opening ceremony.

No, the opening ceremony was pantomime cosplay violin dancing.

The fight dancing is "It's the night before the championship day and we have time to fill and Deadmau5 was a dick last year so this is what you get"

edit: Oh, and another new hero announcement. That guy's not a Dota man. This is new Dota.

I have to believe its a work, because someone actually thinking chickens are mammals doesnt compute with me.

A few months ago my parents made some comment about birds not being animals. Turns out they thought only mammals were true animals. I didn't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom