• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

How is Friends at the Table's second season? It's not too far in so I'm considering it..

Do you mean the third season that's going on right now? It's pretty fun so far and Austin is such a good GM that his campaigns really gain momentum throughout.

Meguro

Banned
I've been slowly working my way through the second season of Friends at the Table and I've been loving pretty much everything except the faction episodes.
Really recommended.

Scizzy

I've been slowly working my way through the second season of Friends at the Table and I've been loving pretty much everything except the faction episodes.
Really recommended.

The faction episodes (and really the whole season) get much better after Austin streamlines the game following the two part holiday flashback episode. I agree they're pretty unengaging before that.

Should I go through the earlier seasons for better experience?

The current season is meant as a shorter, standalone experience. I'd recommend jumping into it to see if you like it before committing to the much longer earlier seasons. One warning though: the audio on the first ten or so episodes of the first season is REALLY dodgy.

Houndi101

The current season is meant as a shorter, standalone experience. I'd recommend jumping into it to see if you like it before committing to the much longer earlier seasons. One warning though: the audio on the first ten or so episodes of the first season is REALLY dodgy.
Alright thanks, I grabbed the five Marielda episodes and the introduction to friends at the table and will give it a whirl

The faction episodes (and really the whole season) get much better after Austin streamlines the game following the two part holiday flashback episode. I agree they're pretty unengaging before that.

Yeah I started at episode 1 and it's been kinda rough so far. Up to about episode 4 so far, and I just have a tough time following it. I feel like if I don't give it my full attention for 10 seconds, I'll miss something.

Also there's a pretty big imbalance in "screen time" for the characters. Might be kind of a too many cooks scenario. I guess i'm just used to TAZ, which is smaller.

Teddified

Yeah I started at episode 1 and it's been kinda rough so far. Up to about episode 4 so far, and I just have a tough time following it. I feel like if I don't give it my full attention for 10 seconds, I'll miss something.

Also there's a pretty big imbalance in "screen time" for the characters. Might be kind of a too many cooks scenario. I guess i'm just used to TAZ, which is smaller.

They split up into 2 parties eventually so they have fewer people on the casts.

I understand the mixed reactions and criticisms of the game, but god damn I can't stop playing No Man's Sky. I think it'll be another one of those games I love despite itself.

Cool, thanks for the info... I've always wanted to jump in, but thought I might have to listen to the older stuff. Just downloaded this seasons stuff, really looking forward to it :)

They split up into 2 parties eventually so they have fewer people on the casts.

That's good. I think my main problem with it so far is just that it IS more play focused than TAZ, so it's not always necessarily focused on telling the best story/catering to the listener.

Edit: Also, biting the bullet and downloading No Man's Sky. It was either this or start learning to play Dota.

chogidogs

I hope Vice is savy enough to realize that they could steal more fans if they let Austin and Patrick do more GB stuff. Loved this week's podcast.

justjim89

Finally finished the Beastcast. So good, I loved how Dan's silly questions turned into an hour of entertaining content. The beginning made salty though when Dan was being derisive towards Witcher 3 when he remembered that fucking Mario Maker won GOTY.

Fucking Mario Maker.

I can see Vinny arguing for Witcher 3 as 2016's Old Game of the Year this year, though.

Nick Cage in Con Air is a cool dude right?

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

I wouldn't mind Dan staying on the East Coast, he works so well with Vinny and Alex (and Jeff [and Austin]). Can't wait for next week's Beastcast.

hamchan

That's good. I think my main problem with it so far is just that it IS more play focused than TAZ, so it's not always necessarily focused on telling the best story/catering to the listener.

Edit: Also, biting the bullet and downloading No Man's Sky. It was either this or start learning to play Dota.

NMS vs Dota.

Doing the same thing on many different maps vs doing different things on the same map.

I got to the part on the Beastcast where Dan is arguing that reptiles aren't closer to mammals than amphibians because crocodiles look closer to snakes (which are also reptiles) and "chickens don't look like dinosaurs" and gah

it is also ironic because crocodiles are far closer to chickens than they are to snakes

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I found all of that much less frustrating than some Dan moments on the Bombcast. This is how you do it! Great chemistry in this week's Beastcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom