• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is dota anime.
LPaL55x.jpg

EDev1Vl.jpg
Yes

Looks like another disappointing game.

I'm not sure I'd call his opinion one of disappointment. It's more of yearning for more. And with all that's confirmed to be coming, especially the freighter ownership and base building components coming soon, he might get that. I see this being a much bigger game years from now, just like how Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program have evolved. You know, it might've benefited Hello Games to simply call No Man's Sky an Early Access game. They seem to be adding massive features the way other devs for Early Access games.

Rainmaker

Banned
There are million things I have problems with in No Man's Sky and a million hopes of things they add to it but I am still putting in an embarrassing amount of time into it and enjoying that so I think my $60 was well spent. It's an incredible base game for whatever Hello Games wants to turn it into eventually. It just needs more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess NMS will be a 4/5 from Alex seeing how much into it he is
and thats fine

I have to wonder if peoples perception of NMS would change if it released at a lower price point. It's a cool little experiment but unless you're really into the resource gathering of survival games it just doesn't have much appeal and most survival games offer way more systems for a cheaper price.

hamchan

I have to wonder if peoples perception of NMS would change if it released at a lower price point. It's a cool little experiment but unless you're really into the resource gathering of survival games it just doesn't have much appeal and most survival games offer way more systems for a cheaper price.

If it launched $20 in early access I would be very positive on it.

Mr. F

Banned

Was the intent to always be a full-priced game, or was that pressure from Sony? I feel like there's been a weird tug-of-war between the expectations based on ambition and price versus the otherwise 'indie' nature of the game's development (smaller team, self funded).

Which I guess is where the defense of 'well it's only 10 people' comes from, along with the rebuttal of 'but it's 60 dollars.'

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Price and longevity are the 2 biggest check marks in a game for me these days.

Cause broke as fuck

It deffinately has the longevity going for it, well assuming you are into it, but not the price point for sure. From what ive seen and read, its a "podcast game" at best, Ill buy it 50% off for example, if Im not into anything at the time this hypothetical sale happens.

Rainmaker

Banned
Single player survival does nothing for me and NMS really doesn't have much going on in the difficulty area. I guess I kind of wish NMS would slowly become more like Rust or something at this point but I don't know if that's possible. Anyway, what is now is fine in the moment for me. I played Destiny year one. I can do some needless mat gathering.

That is the exact opposite of what I want.

I figured I'd be alone in that.

Tubobutts

Single player survival does nothing for me and NMS really doesn't have much going on in the difficulty area. I guess I kind of wish NMS would slowly become more like Rust or something at this point but I don't know if that's possible. Anyway, what is now is fine in the moment for me.
That is the exact opposite of what I want.

We're getting VinnyVania: Symphony of the Night today? That game is so good.

I've been busy for most of the day but before heading out I was really happy to see this when I was gaming.

Time to catch up on SOTN and UPF during the weekend.

TLwiyvw.png

It really isn't

It is.

alucard-walk-cycle.gif

Lost Painting for me.

Butt City

Never forget.

Going off of Doom, I would not mind listening to more Mick Gordon.

Mick Gordon's great, but I can't imagine anything better than combining the new Doom's approach to music (ambient stuff that ramps up once combat gets going) with Reznor, especially if they made a new Quake in the style of the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom