• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

xXx is a movie that exists solely to feature Xtreme sports and stupid one liners. The story is non-sensical and Vin Diesel is not a particularly good actor. I still love it.

Vin Diesel is a shockingly good actor when gets really good dramatic roles like Find Me Guilty

I still have yet to see The Rock despite owning it for years on Blu-Ray, but Die Hard 2 is a bunch of bullshit. It's the Home Alone 2: Lost in New York of action movies.

Bigger and better?

Because thats what Home Alone 2 is.

As someone who hadn't put a lot of thought into it at the time, I've always been super anti Qunari. It was always hard to be eloquent about why, I always felt like Dan. "Do normal people things! Stop being weird!"

It was super interesting to hear about Gita's experience and how she related to that aspect of the story.

As someone who hadn't put a lot of thought into it at the time, I've always been super anti Qunari. It was always hard to be eloquent about why, I always felt like Dan. "Do normal people things! Stop being weird!"

It was super interesting to hear about Gita's experience and how she related to that aspect of the story.

The meat of her experiences (jesus FUCK some people will hammer a nail into their dick and blame the hammer) doesn't mix well with Qunari in-universe. They represent a much more "culture vs culture on a military scale with Qunari as the aggressors" vs say, what Humans do the Elves in that world.

Darker Elves is what I'm saying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta correct myself about this Paxamania video, cleaned-up Dr Tracksuit makes it worth it..

I got a new avatar!

Joeku

Bigger and better?

Because thats what Home Alone 2 is.

Well, Home Alone 2 does have Tim Curry.

It also has Rob Schneider.

I am about 25 hours into Inquisition as a female Qunari (I do not love the non-English accent option, though, kinda dead) and this whole piece was really interesting and made me realize some things I hadn't before. Gita's great.

The Qunari were at least the most interesting part of Dragon Age 2.

Kimaka

Reading about her experiences was an interesting contrast from my own. I also chose a Qunari, but I embraced being a Vashoth and rejected the Qun. Solas and I were on good terms and I never felt like he hated my race, but hated the Qunari culture same as my character did.

What she experienced was definitely how I felt in Origins though when I played an elf. You're constantly being told how you ain't shit as an elf. It was so cathartic to tell white peo humans to fuck off when that happens.

current status

They should invite #Broken Matt Hardy for Pax. His character would be a good fit, I think.

Cp6YagjWYAAnKd4.jpg:small

Jintor

I don't think I was tuned in enough to race issues when I played origins to detect that beyond the surface level "lol elves live in slums" fantasy stuff.

Great article by gita

Man, you know what grinds my gears? When PS4 games lie to you about being installed. Like, I wanna play some Doom on my brother's PS4. So I put the disc in, it does that weird loading bar on the system menu that fills up right away and seemingly means nothing, and then it starts downloading patches. 18GB of patches. Well that sucks, but whatever. Come back 8 hours later, patches are done, I'm ready for some Doom. I hit play and another install meter pops up. Okay, wait ten minutes for that to fill. Now I'm at the main menu. SURELY the game is ready now, right? Nope! Every menu option just brings up a prompt that says "Content still pending install, please wait." Bruh, why'd you tell me you were done installing if you ain't done installing? And now I don't even get a progress bar or anything, and I can't go play something else because who knows if it will continue to install if I don't have the game open. It's like a 24 hour process just to start playing a game sometimes.

Man, you know what grinds my gears? When PS4 games lie to you about being installed. Like, I wanna play some Doom on my brother's PS4. So I put the disc in, it does that weird loading bar on the system menu that fills up right away and seemingly means nothing, and then it starts downloading patches. 18GB of patches. Well that sucks, but whatever. Come back 8 hours later, patches are done, I'm ready for some Doom. I hit play and another install meter pops up. Okay, wait ten minutes for that to fill. Now I'm at the main menu. SURELY the game is ready now, right? Nope! Every menu option just brings up a prompt that says "Content still pending install, please wait." Bruh, why'd you tell me you were done installing if you ain't done installing? And now I don't even get a progress bar or anything, and I can't go play something else because who knows if it will continue to install if I don't have the game open. It's like a 24 hour process just to start playing a game sometimes.

AC Syndicate was another offender in this regard. Cool, the game's installed, finished the intro level, time to sink my teeth into Victorian London...Then nothing but an "install in progress" loading screen for the next hour. Fucking what? Just install it all at once, don't do this piecemeal bullshit.

AC Syndicate was another offender in this regard. Cool, the game's installed, finished the intro level, time to sink my teeth into Victorian London...Then nothing but an "install in progress" loading screen for the next hour. Fucking what? Just install it all at once, don't do this piecemeal bullshit.

That type shit was like the biggest shock for me when I got a PS4, I remember playing the intro to The Division with my friends and then everyone gets to the gate to enter New York and big hot download bar is staring me in the face with like a 35 hour timer or something.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been stuck on the same fucking planet all day in NMS with 12 out of 13 species found...

I know I should move on but I'm broke and could really use the 325 000$....

Also now I take it personal... I will beat this fucking bullshit planet arghhh

Blastoise

Banned
I've been stuck on the same fucking planet all day in NMS with 12 out of 13 species found...

I have 4million dollars. Don't know what to spend it on. I broke the economy by farming pearls.

Dineren

Banned

Finding all the species can be such a nightmare sometimes. I spent a few hours on one planet looking for them all and for some reason it wouldn't recognize it as complete once I scanned them. They really need to add in some way to track unscanned animals.

Lunar FC

You can make that much by farming emeril for 15 mins.

Tagyhag

I think I might try DOTA 2 this week after watching the International.

I'm sorry but just in case no one told you, you can't actually make that much money by just playing it.

But seriously, try it out, it's a superb game, and yes it takes a long time to "get it" but the game has great tutorial tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom