• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabronium

Terraria seems better overall than Starbound :/

Edit also Friends at the table 3 is just as comfy as I expected, will probably have to listen to season 1 because of the setting and running out of episodes for this

I've been enjoying S3 more than I thought I would. Jack is, as usual, killing it, and Andi is great with his character so far.

imBask

Banned
Let's just talk about how everyone is way too hard on 2Fast2Furious and that Fast and Furious(4) is actually the true piece of shit in the series.

have you watched 2fast lately? it's really, really, really, really bad

Fast 4 was bad, but it's nowhere near 2fast

kai3345

Banned
Let's just talk about how everyone is way too hard on 2Fast2Furious and that Fast and Furious(4) is actually the true piece of shit in the series.

2fast is at least good bad

4 is actually difficult to watch

imbask said:
my girlfriend and i watched 2fast last weekend. it's actually a really fun movie just because of how fucking goofy the whole thing is (luda's ridiculous fro in the first scene is the best). 4 plays everything so straight.

----

the official ranking:

Just watched last night, the CGI looks really damn bad and most of the bad guy stuff is bad but it's still fun to watch. It still has the feel of the series and has the humor while dealing with the dumb premise and action.

4 just has no damn feel for any of the rest of the series whatsoever. It's just a horrible damn movie without any of the fun and humor. It's like the Batman v Superman of the series.

A lot of shit

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

This guy knows what's up.
I might be willing to swap 3 up a bit higher, but I recognize that most people don't like it.
2 is for sure the bottom.

I'd rank the entire catalog as follows:
Fast 5
Fast 1
Fast 6
Fast 3
Fast 7
Any Riddick Movie
Fast 4
xXx
Being hit by a bus
2Fast

Its worth noting that I would consider recommending Fast 5 to anyone. Like it is just a good movie overall. Up there with Iron Man 1 and Jurassic Park and the like. Just a great popcorn movie for any person.

interesting that you put 7 so high. I need to watch it again (haven't seen it since the theaters). I just remember being so incredibly disappointed in that movie when walking out of that theater.

I need to rewatch it again too. I decided last night after watching 2fast to do a whole rewatch. I just remember liking it more than 6 but less than 5. It could change a little bit depending on how I feel about 3 and probably a rewatch of 6.

People need to rewatch 2, way too hard on it. I feel like watching it after the most recent ones makes it fare a little better. It's still dumb but the humor and cheesiness of the characters lines up more with the recent movies than it does even the first movie.

2Fast being worse than xXx is hilarious. I'd still rank xXx and it's Ice Cube sequel over 4 though...

kai3345

Banned
I need to rewatch it again too. I decided last night after watching 2fast to do a whole rewatch. I just remember liking it more than 6 but less than 5. It could change a little bit depending on how I feel about 3 and probably a rewatch of 6.

yeah ive been introducing my girlfriend to the shockingly elaborate f&f mythos. we're only on 2fast, so hopefully we'll be able to get through the whole series soon.

Speaking of, I saw a trailer for the new xXx at the theater this weekend and it was even more of an early 2000s fossil than expected. Vin Diesel skateboarding, walking around shirtless, and someone dropping a "guns, girls, and global domination" line. Yikes.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of, I saw a trailer for the new xXx at the theater this weekend and it was even more of an early 2000s fossil than expected. Vin Diesel skateboarding, walking around shirtless, and someone dropping a "guns, girls, and global domination" line. Yikes.

xXx is a movie that exists solely to feature Xtreme sports and stupid one liners. The story is non-sensical and Vin Diesel is not a particularly good actor. I still love it.

2Fast is just hard to watch. As much as I love Paul Walker (RIP too soon), that movie does a horrible job of making him likable.

That said a lot of the movies on my list there are basically ties. 6,3 and 7 are all just about equally good. Riddick movies and 4 are about equal too. I just have irrational dislike for 2Fast. Probably because the name is so dumb. If they had stuck to their guns and named the 3rd on 3Fast, I would have been with it, but now they will never go back (thankfully).

That said you gotta watch it if you are doing all of them because Tyrese is actually pretty funny in it and his character is great later on.

xXx is a movie that exists solely to feature Xtreme sports and stupid one liners. The story is non-sensical and Vin Diesel is not a particularly good actor. I still love it.

2Fast is just hard to watch. As much as I love Paul Walker (RIP too soon), that movie does a horrible job of making him likable.

That said a lot of the movies on my list there are basically ties. 6,3 and 7 are all just about equally good. Riddick movies and 4 are about equal too. I just have irrational dislike for 2Fast. Probably because the name is so dumb. If they had stuck to their guns and named the 3rd on 3Fast, I would have been with it, but now they will never go back (thankfully).

That said you gotta watch it if you are doing all of them because Tyrese is actually pretty funny in it and his character is great later on.

I just have too many lines that I regularly quote from 2Fast. "We hoongry" "Pockets ain't empty cuz" and "Get to walking Fabio!"

Not to mention I really want D.Va to have a line where she says "Ejecto seato cuz!" when she pops her ult.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

This is probably the first time I've heard of the movie since 2001 or so, you just reminded me that I knew somebody in high school who named her kid Xander after that movie's lead character. That poor kid is a teenager now.

kai3345

Banned

the new xXx looks so good

VIN DIESEL RIDES ATOP THE OCEAN ON A DIRTBIKE

Been researching the Fortune Street TNT and I gotta say, I really appreciate that they don't do the full-screen obscuring Trickster nonsense anymore.

Mr. F

Banned
Been researching the Fortune Street TNT and I gotta say, I really appreciate that they don't do the full-screen obscuring Trickster nonsense anymore.

Blasphemy, I miss bored Vinny with the tricaster.

Edit; ah nvm. Just saw what you were referring to, yeah that sucked

ArjanN

They all vary from bad to really mediocre at best. "so bad it's good" at times maybe but not even one of them is actually legit a good movie.

I'll say that I legitimately enjoyed all of the Fast & Furious movies. That's not saying that they're particularly good movies, but they're the kind of dumb thing I like watching occasionally. I watched Tokyo Drift this past weekend for whatever reason.

Pretty dumb, especially when you remember that Bow Wow had a car made to look like the Hulk.

Can you give me a timestamp so I know what you're talking about? I'm interested.

I never found the tricaster stuff too bad.

Don't have timestamps, but it was like every 30 minutes or so. Also,the portrait windows obscured a non-trivial amount of gameplay screen, nice they've solved that problem as well.

Also, I noticed autocorrect butchered my previous post. Rewatched and "Tricaster". Not researched and trickster.

Alright GBGaf, I need some advice. I am finishing up season one of Mr. Robot right now (weird ass show) and am wondering what to watch next. I have it narrowed down to Fargo or The Americans. Which one should I choose?

Another vote for Fargo(both seasons are fantastic). Ash Vs The Evil Dead is another one I recommend if you're into The Evil Dead films.

My favorite part about that segment was Ryan's Al Pacino in Heat impression. Always made me laugh.

I still have yet to see The Rock despite owning it for years on Blu-Ray, but Die Hard 2 is a bunch of bullshit. It's the Home Alone 2: Lost in New York of action movies.

It's a damn fine bluray, aside from the film being great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom