• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They definitely do prefer console single player games in general and high profile titles of those are very often shooters.

But look at their top 10 last year:

1. Super Mario Maker
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3. Rocket League
4. Kerbal Space Program
5. Splatoon
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
7. Undertale
8. Grow Home
9. Invisible Inc.
10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

That's a pretty great diverse list of games and "ugh, shooters" is not a thought I would have here.

LiK

^Good man Austin got UnderTale in there. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have even known about the game before it became overwhelmingly popular. Played it before it caught on.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
^Good man Austin got UnderTale in there. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have even known about the game before it became overwhelmingly popular. Played it before it caught on.
Alright hipster. Slow down 🚷

/s

Luke_Wal

I've been completely off the grid internet-wise for three weeks but listened to the most recent Beastcast on the drive home yesterday. Why is Dan on without anybody talking about it? Did he move to NYC?

I've been completely off the grid internet-wise for three weeks but listened to the most recent Beastcast on the drive home yesterday. Why is Dan on without anybody talking about it? Did he move to NYC?

There was a wrasslin-style angle where Dan and Jason had a Loser Leaves Town match of Street Fighter V on UPF a few weeks ago. Dan lost, left and moved to the East Coast for 30 days. Something to do with his partner as well I think.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

He lost a beer and now has to live in new York.

LiK

Dan lost SFV to Jason on UPF and was kicked outta town. Totally not preplanned at all.

imBask

Banned
I hate the post-hipsterism on Undertale

it was the cool thing to love undertale, and now it's the cool thing to hate people who love undertale. It's a great game

2877631-es.jpg

Quick Look: AdVenture Capitalist
One planet is not enough to contain Jeff and his insatiable urge to click.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
NMS sounded like a 2/5 game during that whole discussion. If I heard about it there for the first time, I wouldn't even look at it again.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So when does the AdVenture Capitalist quick look turn into Vinny watching GI Joe PSAs or whatever it does that makes it make sense for a console clicker video to be a half hour long?

"It's a shame." Jeff on NMS on Bombcast

yea, gonna be in most disappointing list, imo.

Maybe, but it definitely won't win. I think if Hello Games puts out a couple of decent content patches by the end of the year it will do a lot to massage the duders' perception of the game come December.

Clicker games are probably one of the very few game genres I absolutely despise. I just can't see it.

I like them. They give me something to mess with in bed before falling asleep or while waiting in line somewhere or whatever. well, incremental games anyway. clicking/tapping constantly is dumb

speaking of, Egg, Inc just updated yesterday, which is perfect timing as I was just about to run out of game

Meneses

Maybe, but it definitely won't win. I think if Hello Games puts out a couple of decent content patches by the end of the year it will do a lot to massage the duders' perception of the game come December.

Maybe.

What other disappointments have come out this year?

I think SFV is a lock for hottest mess, so unless they want to make it a double winner, they'll probably go for a different game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They very rarely go back to games even if they get massive updates. That only happens if they stay with it, like with Destiny.

Houndi101

There are no triple A games I'm excited for (or atleast excited enough to buy on release) for the rest of the year I think.. So good chance to hack away on stuff I've bought on sales? We'll see...

Maybe.

What other disappointments have come out this year?

I think SFV is a lock for hottest mess, so unless they want to make it a double winner, they'll probably go for a different game.

Quantum Break I guess? But it's not like anyone was eagerly anticipating that game though. There has always been a weird overlap between most disappointing and hottest mess, but SFV will certainly be in both discussions.

LiK

Quantum Break I guess? But it's not like anyone was eagerly anticipating that game though. There has always been a weird overlap between most disappointing and hottest mess, but SFV will certainly be in both discussions.

QB could be there if Alex fights for it but I'm curious what Vinny thinks of it. If he likes it then it'll be lower on the list. Kinda wish Dan would give it a chance.

Meneses

I can already hear Jeff saying "Congratulations Street Fighter V! You have won two awards".

oti

Banned
I can already hear Jeff saying "Congratulations Street Fighter V! You have won two awards".

I wouldn't call SFV disappointing. Everything about it is a dumpster fire but the game itself delivered everything* people were hoping for.

except an Arcade mode holy crap Capcom

Look at this cynical game journalist just sitting and watching a thing.

Video made me laugh. CAUGHT IT LIVE. I haven't even watched the trailer myself

Hopefully Giant bomb Unarchived has the time to sync and PIP Dan's reaction into the corner of the trailer and upload. That's a 100k view video waiting to happen.

Volotaire

I always thought it would be a great idea to set up a parallel universe of MGS games from Ghost Babel and start anew. Then put some time travel stuff to connect them later down the line.

QB could be there if Alex fights for it but I'm curious what Vinny thinks of it. If he likes it then it'll be lower on the list. Kinda wish Dan would give it a chance.
It should probably be on the list, at least.
Yeah but I also feel like Jason and Jeff have talked about how the core fighting is still great, so it probably won't win Most Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom