• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

It's funny seeing people shit on a game that we have very little info of as of now.
Well I guess not that funny since it's happening all the time.

Zaph

I've been watching the Mario Party Party videos, and I'm at the live show. I'm not sure that I like it. Sometimes the audience is a bit much. Oh, well. 3 and a half hours to go!

Yup, I didn't like it to begin with either, but it turns into the best one they've done. You couldn't script a better Mario Party

repeater

It's funny seeing people shit on a game that we have very little info of as of now.
Well I guess not that funny since it's happening all the time.
We know that it's a zombie game that uses the Metal Gear name for no apparent reason but cash. That's enough reason to be sceptical. It may turn out to be awesome, but it may also turn out to be even worse than we now think. Be that as it may, caution seems entirely reasonable based on what we know now.

faridmon

I have listened to Dan not knowing things, and you know what, fair enough, neither do I know stuff, but it was soooo funny listening to Dan on Beastcast not knowing about gravity and people explaining to him how every thing that have a mass causes gravity.

Strax

I see they are uploading a premium version of the video Bombcast now for those two people whining about ads. Or have they always done that?

They have always done that.
The dude that was bitching was complaining about them being on the live feed while it was live

The dude was something like over 10 people.

tumblr_mgj14mznwb1qlwj92o1_400.gif

Yup, I didn't like it to begin with either, but it turns into the best one they've done. You couldn't script a better Mario Party

Yeah, it's actually really good. I have about 2 hours left in it. For the most part, the crowd has been pretty OK. I don't mind it as much as I thought.

Aselith

Maybe, but it definitely won't win. I think if Hello Games puts out a couple of decent content patches by the end of the year it will do a lot to massage the duders' perception of the game come December.

Most disappointing is all about expectations vs reality. It wins, hands down.

repeater

Most disappointing is all about expectations vs reality. It wins, hands down.
I don't think that is true for GB though. They are all realistic (jaded?) enough that they no one of them had the huge expectations for the game that some people in the gaming community seem to have harbored. I mean, Brad was the one most excited about the game and even he seemed to go into it with a healthy dose of scepticism.

Strax

Seeing as around 2800 people watch it live, it's a very very tiny vocal minority.

I can also play this dumb numbers game. There are maybe 200 people that post in this thread regularly and there were maybe 40 people that posted something about the ads in that discussion. Over 10 out of 40 is not very very tiny minority.

And its not like people got pissed off except for one dude. Other people had the attitude of "I wish GB would hold up their end of the bargain, oh well life goes on." and some people here tried, like they tend to do when someone is legit critical of GB, to make it seem like people got really upset,

I can also play this dumb numbers game. There are maybe 200 people that post in this thread regularly and there were maybe 40 people that posted something about the ads in that discussion. Over 10 out of 40 is not very very tiny minority.

And its not like people got pissed off except for one dude. Other people had the attitude of "I wish GB would hold up their end of the bargain, oh well life goes on." and some people here tried, like they tend to do when someone is legit critical of GB, to make it seem like people got really upset,

10 out of 40 out of 200 is still a small minority

And what bargain. Live streams were never part of any bargain.

Brashnir

No Man's Sky is the worst clicker. The menus actively discourage clicking repeatedly. The numbers never go up that way.

Not sure if you're intentionally or unintentionally peeling back the layers on the reasons people often don't like inventory management in games.

FStop7

Banned
I don't understand why ads in the video stream are so troubling. They said from the outset it was live video of the process. This is how they make the podcast.

Not to mention that they have to fill the breaks with something.. What else would you prefer? Lockdown or other royalty free music?

Alt+F1: 94 - MotoGP Austria 2016
Now that we're all MotoGP experts, we don't have to grill Gurk about the best MotoGP races of the past decade, which fingers to use to brake, and whether motorcycles are all-wheel drive... but we do anyway.

---

Hope Jeff streams some Titanfall 2 today!

UTCIiDe.png

Starts in 17 minutes.

i need to watch this now.

The only thing I've done is add Drew's reaction to Metroid Prime: Federation Force onto it. Jeff and Rorie's reaction to that segway though was gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom