• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

graboids

made another Dan/Fast Food logo...

2879858-tacodan80s.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How do I check how long my Premium Membership runs? Cause I got auto-renewed today and I feel like I have to be up to 2020 at this point.

repeater

Giant Bomb #24 | That's gonna be a meme, that's gonna be a meme

Is there a reason Drew talks the way he does?
It seems like he puts a massive amount of thought into forming his sentences. Not to get too personal but I'm curious...
He took a sacred vow never to swear on camera or on tape. It's tough.

It seems like he puts a massive amount of thought into forming his sentences.

I've heard that about Mark Cerny. People that have interviewed him have said sometimes he takes a while to answer questions, because he's comprehending the question and then giving a very thought out answer.

Brashnir

It seems like he puts a massive amount of thought into forming his sentences.

Did you ever play Chess on Atari 2600?

If you played vs CPU and turned the difficulty up, it would just go to a blank screen for a really long time before making a move.

What I'm trying to say is that Drew is running on an Atari 2600.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did you ever play Chess on Atari 2600?

If you played vs CPU and turned the difficulty up, it would just go to a blank screen for a really long time before making a move.

What I'm trying to say is that Drew is running on an Atari 2600.
There was a great Game Room QL with this game and Ryan, I think.

I really want to play that, but it needs minimum 8 GB RAM* (my PC only has 6) and a much better GPU than I have. I was bummed when I saw those specs a few weeks ago. At least I can still play No Limits 2. Also, Parkitect is great. Out of all the current wave of amusement park games, it's the one that replicates Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 the best. I wish they'd do an Unfinished of that. It's Early Access and still in Alpha. I've had it since Pre-Alpha. Other recent games are (both panned) Theme Park Studio and Roller Coaster Tycoon World. All of these game are on Steam.

*It recommends 12GB of RAM!!

Fantastapotamus

Man, Rorie (or whoever else works for the GB support) is fucking ACE. I sent an Email asking if I could get a refund (because my subscription got automatically renewed and I don't have a lot of money right now AND I bought a renewal during the May Sale) and just one hour later I actually got a refund. No big deal made about it, just got what I asked for.
As somebody who recently had to CALL the Economist in England cause those assholes don't have another way to cancel a subscription, this is just fantastic.

Fantastapotamus

I've emailed support many times, Rorie is always on top of his shit.

Totally. I actually hate mailing support cause I'm super anxious about causing people "trouble", even if it's their job. I'm one of those people who don't complain if the waiter brings you the wrong food. So I'm always super reliefed when things just work out and I don't have to argue with support people about it.

Though I might have to write them again cause now apparently my Premium Subscription expired even though I bought one during the May sale. I can still access Premium Content though so maybe that's just a mistake?

I should bloody well hope The Economist knows a thing or two about holding onto your money

Cancelling that subscription has been a nightmare for me.
They tell you they need your account email adresse and you should mention it in the mail to the support. So I did just that.
Then I got an automated response, telling me that if I didn't include my mail adress they won't even receive my mail. But since I included it, I tought I'd be fine.
Well, wrong.
What you have to do is reply to that automated email and tell them your email adress again, THEN you get another automated email telling you your mail has been received.
And then, after a week, I got a mail with a dude telling me "Hey, please call this number"

Thanks. You couldn't have told me that before? Like, on your "Cancel your subscription" page? Urgh..

Meguro

Banned
Man. I tried the Titanfall 2 test again after all the changes and the game is still a bummer.
How did they add a map that is even worse than the 2 other ones?

Also, I know this is said every year but PAX cutting into content this much sucks.

kiguel182

My sub renews November 10. To renew during this sale or wait for the next and risk it. Decisions...

I guess Inside will have to wait another month.

different pax panel this year?

The Cards Against Humanity and Giant Bomb Variety Show
A very bad idea.

PANELISTS:
Jeff Gerstmann [Editor-in-Chief, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Senior Editor, Giant Bomb], Pat Baer [Performer, UCB Theater], Aaron Trites [PR, Community], Max Temkin [Founder, Cards Against Humanity], Jenn Bane [Businesswoman, Cards Against Humanity]

A very bad idea.

PANELISTS:
Jeff Gerstmann [Editor-in-Chief, Giant Bomb], Brad Shoemaker [Senior Editor, Giant Bomb], Pat Baer [Performer, UCB Theater], Aaron Trites [PR, Community], Max Temkin [Founder, Cards Against Humanity], Jenn Bane [Businesswoman, Cards Against Humanity]

Jeff and Brad are the only duders on the panel? No thanks.

Xater

A very bad idea.

PANELISTS:

Hmmm.... :(

Fantastapotamus

Oh my god, that Soviet Monesters Ekranoplans QL is a-mazing.

It's a 4 story hotel. It somehow feels smaller than the other maps for me. But it looks like they put so many things to interact with so the elusive targets should have more creative ways to kill people.

I'm actually happy that it's a smaller map. It's a nice change of pace. Really loved some of the smaller maps in Blood Money. I'd love to see a "Suburbs" equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom