• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Because he recently uploaded some more episodes, I want to reiterate how much I love Jeff's Gaming Minute segments:
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bomb-gaming-minute/

One minute of concise Jeff opinion. and it's interesting to see which topics he picks for the mainstream radio audience.
Jeff also uses some effects (like record scratching or echo) in there. maybe a bit of vocaloid in the future? ;)

edit: hehe, I just realized he uses Land of Confusion during No Man's Sky

Has anyone watched the video Bombcasts? I switched to Beastcast as my "main" podcast to listen to while driving on the weekend because I fear I will miss out on something by being audio only. No videos while driving!

But now I have already listened to last week's Beastcast so I have to listen to audio only Bombcast. Will I miss out on anything? I just want to listen to video games while doing boring 2+ hour drives.

Strax

Has anyone watched the video Bombcasts? I switched to Beastcast as my "main" podcast to listen to while driving on the weekend because I fear I will miss out on something by being audio only. No videos while driving!

But now I have already listened to last week's Beastcast so I have to listen to audio only Bombcast. Will I miss out on anything? I just want to listen to video games while doing boring 2+ hour drives.

Nope.

Edit: Ads.

Zaph

I've watched all the video bombcasts they've put out so far, and yeah, you're not missing anything. Going in Jeff said they wouldn't play up for the camera at the expense of the audio version, and he meant it.

I'm of the opinion that he should move to where he's comfortable living in.

NY it is!

Great video.

KFtYuJS.gif

raw

Because he recently uploaded some more episodes, I want to reiterate how much I love Jeff's Gaming Minute segments:
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bomb-gaming-minute/

One minute of concise Jeff opinion. and it's interesting to see which topics he picks for the mainstream radio audience.
Jeff also uses some effects (like record scratching or echo) in there. maybe a bit of vocaloid in the future? ;)

edit: hehe, I just realized he uses Land of Confusion during No Man's Sky

These are always great.

Yup, watched them all and will continue to do so in that format. BEASTcast is audio listenin now for me, unless they to go to video. You won't miss out on anything unless you'd like to see their reaction on things.

or the "I'm judging you shot" like this one from a few days ago

UrBujui.gif

Matt Rorie's Puppy Supercut is now a thing.

Today is a good day.

I watched some of this when I was out and about today. Damn good stuff.

Beast cast has been released. Vinny, Alex, Jeff B, Dan.
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/beastcast/

It's number 66, the number of the Beastcast! We talk about how about how everything around us is changing and how we are all outdated, and how the world is a vampire sent to drain, and also wrestling. Oh yeah, and Eddie Vedder, PlayStation, and Allison Road?

2:26:56

Saving it for later, should go well with No Man's Sky.

Do you feel they justified the use of a term as loaded as apartheid? I mean really live up the weight of that word? On a level beyond just you know saying discrimination is bad.

I haven't played it yet and won't get an opportunity to for a bit so I'm interested.

FWIW I have yet to come across that term in the game itself (though I'm still fairly early in).

Overall I like that the entire game seems to really revolve around discrimination between social classes, it's not just set dressing or an occasional sidequest like so many games with a "btw elves are treated bad" subplot. "Subtle" is not the best word to describe it and the writing can certainly be hit or miss. That being said I don't find anything about it offensive and I appreciate what the game is trying to convey.

Houndi101

So couple of thoughts, god I wish I had a longer dialogue between Heymann and Dan.. it would probably be pretty neat.
Also Dan is the only Duder who can interview wrestlers without towering over them?

Beastcast needs to be sent out with Bakalar's insights on what we've learned every week.

Also, sad to hear Dan is heading back to SF. He's been a perfect fit in NY.

Volotaire

Are all Americans obsessed with tipping or is it just GAF? Reminds me of the Brit obsession with class.

Brit obsession with class? What?

I can understand why tipping is a social norm in the US because of lower minimum wages, smaller welfare system, medical insurance system and poorer labour legislation across states. Tipping is quite an alien point of conversation among Brits.

It reminds me of the start of Reservoir Dogs. What a great film.

Are all Americans obsessed with tipping or is it just GAF? Reminds me of the Brit obsession with class.

It seems like an internet obsession to actually talk about it. I just tip and have never really thought about it. It's just something I've always known people to do and it's a few dollars. I just don't care to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom