• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2879968-bestof105.jpg
Best of Giant Bomb 105 - Is That The Sheikh?
I believe that I just saw our guest of honor jump fru a window.

ultron87

Deleting a clicker game is a really liberating feeling. The game is gone so you can't check it, and so is your progress so you'll never download it again because who's gonna start over with such small numbers?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think watching Brad buying hats and skins is more entertaining than watching actual Dota gameplay.

I'd agree on UPF. Everybody else ignores when actual Dota gameplay is going on but they at least engage in the hat discussion.

Meneses

Worst UPF in a long time, despite the funny intro.

One good thing that can be said is that at least they didn't spend the opening part of the show on their phones.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How can it be the worst UPF if Rorie wasn't on it?

it was great not hearing chat and 'let me look that up' every 2 minutes

Dude, this was my favourite UPF in years. So much nostalgia seeing both Dave and Kessler. Brought me right back to 2010 and peak GB/ Whiskey media.

Tagyhag

I didn't hate the upf, but have four people on the couch and running benchmarks instead of playing something is weird.

Yeah the benchmark part dragged, everything else was great.

Drew definitely didn't have time to play Rogue System but man how great that would have been with Dave there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seeing what depravity Kessler has gone to since leaving was a real all-time UPF highlight

Don't play DOTA people

and that DOTA video just proved to me Paragon is dead in the water. Nobody gives a shit about different colored skins. They want hats.

and that DOTA video just proved to me Paragon is dead in the water. Nobody gives a shit about different colored skins. They want hats.

Smite, League and even HotS have done pretty well going with the skin model rather than the modular Dota 2 style. If Paragon fails i'm fairly sure it won't be due to their cosmetic system.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
League has plenty of $30+ skins, and somehow has convinced people to pay $5 more on top of a skin purchase for the ability to recolor it. They aren't hurting for ways to get people to spend money on the game without piecemeal outfits.

They did adopt chests with random rewards, and they said "Oh, that's cute" and on top of random rewards, you don't actually get the reward inside the chest. You have to get more chests to craft the chest contents.

Latest UPF wasn't bad. Great to see Dave again. I didn't much care for Kessler's look back in the day but now that he's letting his facial hair go a bit I'm back on board. One of these statements is a lie.

BearPawB

Banned
Catching up on QLs, Danny and Drew's enthusiasm in F1 2016 is contagious! Is Alt-F1 worth listening to even if I have no intention of watching the races?

They got me into watching and now I hate Sunday mornings without a race.

If u really have no interest in watching ever, you won't get much out of it. But it is always fun to hear them chat

Teddified

Oh man i hit a stupid bug in Deus Ex, I keep crashing everytime I exit the shooting range tutorial thing. And a suggested fix is to just empty your inventory before I start the whole shooting range thing. But I'll have to try that later today as the crashes made me stop playing for now.

Also Congrats Patrick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom