• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lla1raA.gif

repeater

I need someone on this site to do a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. endurance run. Because I'm too scaredy to play them myself. Tried to petition for them during the Choose Our Own Adventure era, but to no avail.

hamchan

I'm so glad that I excised wrestling out of my life. I'm down to just checking reddit on a wrestling day rather than watching any of the shows or PPVs. Soon, i'll be free of even that and just back to only listening to the powerbombcast.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm watching the part I missed...does Doom's colorblind mode actually simulate color blindness? I'm so confused by what that was supposed to accomplish since Jeff said it didn't make it any better.

Gurrry

I'm so glad that I excised wrestling out of my life. I'm down to just checking reddit on a wrestling day rather than watching any of the shows or PPVs. Soon, i'll be free of even that and just back to only listening to the powerbombcast.

then your life will mean nothing..

existence will feel so meaningless...

will you even exist at that point?

what is life without wrestling?

then your life will mean nothing..

existence will feel so meaningless...

will you even exist at that point?

what is life without wrestling?

We all need a little pain in our lives. Wrestling is my pain.

Granted I am basically down to "ill watch the opening to RAW and see whats what and maybe Ill watch a PPV if I have nothing better to do that Sunday"

I dont know how people watch ALL the wrestling in a week. You got 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of smackdown, a hour of NXT. You got the counterweight classic which is another hour. Then every 3 weeks or so these days you got another 3 hour PPV.

AND THEN you got shit outside of WWE like Luncha Undergorund and maybe TNA. Or watching bootlegged New Japan matches on DailyMotion.

There is a lot of wrestling now. Most of it is terrible. Its less terrible then it was though so that is something? I guess?

Hitman: Vinsolution?
I'm watching the part I missed...does Doom's colorblind mode actually simulate color blindness? I'm so confused by what that was supposed to accomplish since Jeff said it didn't make it any better.

Nah, Vinny and Jeff, particularly Jeff, have mentioned how it just makes things look off. I think one of Beast's Doom streams had Vinny specifically talking about Doom's colourblind mode.

As I understand it (not being colourblind or anything myself) colourblind modes are there to overcompensate for the colour similarities to ensure that colourblind individuals can see the game as it is designed to be seen, with points of interest clearly marked, rather than to make it look "natural" to the player. So, for example, red-highlighted enemies or red/blue markers are distinctly not-red purely for *pop* factor to ensure gameplay flows as it is supposed to. It isn't always successful from what they've said, but I think the idea is to at a bare minimum keep it playable for those players, particularly in competitive or fast-paced games where split-second decisions matter, and happen, a lot.

And here's an example of what colourblind vision would look like.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The beastcast is basically the old man cast this week.

Like for some reason this week's beastcast made me painfully aware of my own mortality.

Ketch

Hitman: Vinsolution?

Nah, Vinny and Jeff, particularly Jeff, have mentioned how it just makes things look off. I think one of Beast's Doom streams had Vinny specifically talking about Doom's colourblind mode.

As I understand it (not being colourblind or anything myself) colourblind modes are there to overcompensate for the colour similarities to ensure that colourblind individuals can see the game as it is designed to be seen, with points of interest clearly marked, rather than to make it look "natural" to the player. So, for example, red-highlighted enemies or red/blue markers are distinctly not-red purely for *pop* factor to ensure gameplay flows as it is supposed to. It isn't always successful from what they've said, but I think the idea is to at a bare minimum keep it playable for those players, particularly in competitive or fast-paced games where split-second decisions matter, and happen, a lot.

And here's an example of what colourblind vision would look like.

As someone who is colorblind, the circles full of dots and the berry bush examples are the only one on that page are legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom