• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
This really doesn't work with their delay. The people playing at home can't see the screen soon enough.

And yeah Rorie being Rorie.

Mr. F

Banned
UPF being terrible is pretty much the norm nowadays with rare exceptions of goodness.

Really wish Jeff would shake things up for the friday night slot. It's going nowhere right now.

My never-would-happen-but-would-be-rad scenario would be them doing pilots of different new features in the friday slot over the course of a few weeks, then have a community vote on what would replace UPF. Jeff mentions now and again that they kick around ideas for things all the time, makes me wonder.

Also it's dumb but Vinny seriously saves this kind of stuff - I don't find myself interested in most of the games Beast plays, but their streams are so much more entertaining regardless. Granted, probably helps they don't do it on a weekly basis.

Lijik

I just wish the GB references were better.
Yeah that was my issue with it

I dont really mind them playing a new jackbox game during the period they have everyone on hand to properly play a jackbox game. Id understand if it was like 4 weeks in a row of fibbage like they did when the first Jackbox came out, but like once a year? cmon yall.

I dunno, I like upf. Its a relaxing thing to watch and I like it being consistent. It feels like a nice low key way to end the week

Yup, always enjoy the duders doing whatever they want on the final day of work and this seems like a great one. Going to watch it tomorrow. Lmao at Dan, looks like Max Payne 3 Max. I dig it.

ClwhIgYUsAAMEa8.jpg

max-payned-3-guns-4.jpg

Hey, does anyone recall recently (might have been on an E3 night show?) where people were discussing a temporary restaurant in Japan that was selling video-game looking food, specifically a plastic bone with meat around it? Does anyone have a timestamp for that segment?

robotrock

Banned
Hey, does anyone recall recently (might have been on an E3 night show?) where people were discussing a temporary restaurant in Japan that was selling video-game looking food, specifically a plastic bone with meat around it? Does anyone have a timestamp for that segment?

I think that was the segment with the Strafe dev and Slime Rancher dev?

Might be the second segment of Day 3.

edit: Starts around the 25th minute of Day 3 confirmed

I think that was the segment with the Strafe dev and Slime Rancher dev?

Might be the second segment of Day 3.

edit: Starts around the 25th minute of Day 3 confirmed

Yeah, that was it. Just sparked my memory for a sec. I was watching an old Demo Derby, and they were watching a Tomba video and talking about an idea for a restaurant that would sell cartoon-inspired foods and Drew specifically referenced the meat on a bone as looking particularly appetizing.

Mr. F

Banned
Jesus Trials looks like complete trash. If anything I'm kind of hoping this counts for a few nails in the coffin of the lol 80s/90s trend. So boring.

edit; and this tape glitch effect every 3 seconds is insane.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Everyone is talking about Ben Hanson and I still don't know if it's a person or a thing that happened.

It's a sexual position "I totally gave her the Ben Hanson last night, she spent a good hour cleaning up".

KingKong

I gotta say, Steam sales got a lot less exciting once I started just buying the games I want to play when they come out

On the other hand I'm actually finishing games now

Jintor

I gotta say, Steam sales got a lot less exciting once I started just buying the games I want to play when they come out

On the other hand I'm actually finishing games now

yeah it feels like after a few years of gorging on steam sales my buy strategy has gone back to "Do I want to play this right now? If yes, buy. If not, wait until the price is, like, really low. Like, really low. Like less than ten bucks if possible."

Probably paid close to full price for more games this year but I played them all pretty heavily so it's fine

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Catching up on the Austin stream. This is great. Vinny making the Jerk references, Gundam, Dragon Ball vs Sonic, this is all great.

yeah it feels like after a few years of gorging on steam sales my buy strategy has gone back to "Do I want to play this right now? If yes, buy. If not, wait until the price is, like, really low. Like, really low. Like less than ten bucks if possible."

Probably paid close to full price for more games this year but I played them all pretty heavily so it's fine

Mostly the same here, although never full price. It's easy to find a healthy discount on new release games nowadays. Even Amazon takes 20% off, just because.

Losing daily and flash sales also ruins the feeling that I'd miss out if I didn't call in the next 30 minutes for the exclusive TV offer.

Jintor

Mostly the same here, although never full price. It's easy to find a healthy discount on new release games nowadays. Even Amazon takes 20% off, just because.

Losing daily and flash sales also ruins the feeling that I'd miss out if I didn't call in the next 30 minutes for the exclusive TV offer.

i'm mostly glad but it must suck if you weren't in on the ground floor getting entire publisher catalogues (that you'd never play) for like $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom