• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

~~~
On a sidenote, has GAF been laggy for anyone else? When I click to go to the topic select or to post reply, it kinda lags/hangs. It's not my internet, because in the same time I can open Yahoo, Twitter, and FB and they'll all load faster >_>;

Yeah GAF has been really slow for me today.

squadr0n

Any Idea when the SMTxFE# Quick Look will be posted? Really hope its coming today.

Also any chance they will have a Zero Escape 3 Quick Look? Did they do one for any of the others? I feel like Patrick would have done one solo atleast.

Xpmgzka.gif

This June 30th update looks real good.

Really really cool video from a GB fan who made a steel logo of GB. Via Dave's Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4SYJ7AY2s&feature=youtu.be

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the paint distressing but other than that it's a really fucking cool video.

Beautiful, beautiful work.

From the comments:

2866259-shoe.png

Also:

YDEuNJ5.png

---

WGD2wKV.png

What was the Ziff Davis joke about Patrick about, anyway? I didn't really get the reference. Did he work for them for like 2 weeks before they went out of business?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Umbrella Corps seems like another hit for Capcom (stole that graphic from Ziff Davis' Scoops)

CmEM1vpUYAA3lYI.jpg
Think about all the IPs Capcom is sitting on and what they could do with it. And they chose to make...this.

more like umbrella craps amirite
Umbrella Corpse!

What was the Ziff Davis joke about Patrick about, anyway? I didn't really get the reference. Did he work for them for like 2 weeks before they went out of business?
Ziff Davis bought EGM/1UP back in the day and now they're going after Gawker.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ben Hanson and Dan Ryckert in one place is a legitimately scary thought.

Super Replays were often terrifying because there'd be an entire room full of people who just went "Yep" when Dan Ryckert called another human weird. I don't know Ben Hanson but I am frightened that he can cause that reaction.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Super Replays were often terrifying because there'd be an entire room full of people who just went "Yep" when Dan Ryckert called another human weird. I don't know Ben Hanson but I am frightened that he can cause that reaction.

We get that whenever Jeff calls a game from the 90s 'trash' now

Jintor

gaf slow as balls this morning huh?

gotta wait until tommorrow to find out what #FE is... and no valhalla or ZTD QLs scheduled... jintor am cry

So in the March 2, 2010 Bombcast (or thereabouts), Ryan was the one with a burning hatred of Yoshi and all Jeff had was... indifference.

He's playing us like a fiddle(?) just like those wrestling guys.

The hate either infected or transferred to Jeff, Ryan was merely the vector

So in the March 2, 2010 Bombcast (or thereabouts), Ryan was the one with a burning hatred of Yoshi and all Jeff had was... indifference.

He's playing us like a fiddle(?) just like those wrestling guys.
I wish I could pull it up to prove it but I could swear there's also an old bombcast where he speaks in fairly positive terms about Majora's Mask.

Dan's presence incited all the latent hatred within Jeff. He created his own monster.

Jintor

Anybody else have really strong location/listening memory sometimes regarding podcasts? You mentioning that made me immediately flash back to where I was when I was listening to that specific bombcast, looking for art supplies on Oxford Street back in Sydney like three years ago

KingKong

I have to say the rave reviews for Inside are suprising to me. It looks like a better version of Limbo. The Ars Technica review seemed a lot more fair to the game I've seen

Anybody else have really strong location/listening memory sometimes regarding podcasts? You mentioning that made me immediately flash back to where I was when I was listening to that specific bombcast, looking for art supplies on Oxford Street back in Sydney like three years ago

I live in SF so I remember specific podcasts that reference local goings on, like the podcast when the SF Giants won the World Series and Ryan brought up how salty Texas was and how their local news called San Franciscans bandwagon hipsters who didn't understand baseball.

Joeku

Certain street corners and grocery aisles absolutely remind me of podcast moments, yeah. Brains are weird.

bumclot

The Rogue Warrior QL is the best QL of all time.

Nice, I've got something to distract me from that Inside QL.

Hadn't even heard of Inside until I saw it on GB, but the trailers have me completely sold, and that's all I want to see until it's out.

One of the older Beastcasts always reminds me of driving back from the beach.

There's a good bombcast where Jeff tells Patrick that he only likes Yoshi's Island because he was 9 when it came out
It's Jeff's Youtuber gimmick. For the eventual switchover.

xX)_yoshih8r_(Xx

Playing certain games while listening to old bombcasts does this to me a lot. Like, "oh hey I was playing Marvel Heroes when I heard this." Or the reverse, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom