• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't alexa pretty unreliable because it mostly takes info from people who installed their toolbars or something?

It's probably fairly accurate near the top. I wouldn't use it to try and prove a site ranked 2500th is more popular than a site ranked 3000th (or 100th vs 150th), but I think it's pretty safe to say that at 173 and 4436 CNET and GB are not really in the same ballpark as far as popularity goes. And the further down you go the more apparent its flaws become (like that 20 million rank drop for videogames.com).

Also these suggestions on another site are hilarious:
x4llDyU.png

after 10 months of suffering, Jeff's nightmare is over

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240009

BRING FORTH THE ‘TAME SO THAT ALL THIRSTS MAY BE QUENCHED

I suspect I'll end up just spoiling what the things about Inside are on YouTube because slow-ass puzzle platformers basically do nothing for me.

I suspect I'll end up just spoiling what the things about Inside are on YouTube because slow-ass puzzle platformers basically do nothing for me.

It sounds like the game's length is short enough where you could play for ~90 minutes, get a good feel for what it's offering, and still be able to return it on Steam if it does nothing for you (assuming you're playing on PC).

Jintor

man i want to see jeff explain ZTD's structure to dan really badly now.

alas! Austin! Why do you abandon us in our time of ZTD?!? (Even though I know you've not played ZE I think)

man i want to see jeff explain ZTD's structure to dan really badly now.

alas! Austin! Why do you abandon us in our time of ZTD?!? (Even though I know you've not played ZE I think)

I think Patrick was the only one to ever play any of the Zero Escape games.

JonCha

Watching 16 minutes of the game is probably not gonna tell you much about why it's getting high review scores!

You're right, but to me at least it made a fantastic impression. Granted you're mileage with Limbo will probably have an impact on how much you enjoy this game.

Brad's review is definitely worth a read folks. It's way more expressive than the Quick Look, which fits this kind of game.

Myggen

You're right, but to me at least it made a fantastic impression. Granted you're mileage with Limbo will probably have an impact on how much you enjoy this game.

Brad's review is definitely worth a read folks. It's way more expressive than the Quick Look, which fits this kind of game.

Oh yeah, reading the review and watching the QL it very much seems like a refined, much deeper and complex Limbo. So if you didn't like Limbo I would guess you won't like Inside either.

I liked Limbo and this looks amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

popo

How much do they show inside the quick look?

Kind of want to watch that Inside QL, but I don't want to see much more of that game either since I plan on picking it up.

They only show the very early bits - the bit where it looks like just another Limbo.

This is good in that it doesn't spoil anything.

Not so good in selling people who were not sure if they should buy it though.

I would have liked them to, after giving the repeated advice that ppl go play it for themselves, skip ahead and show off some of the later stuff that prompted all the rave reviews it is getting.

Any reason why Jeff never went to Max? I find that stuff even better than the classic stuff.

I am sure he tried it. He seems to try every soda. Obviously didn't like it. If taste were not subjective they wouldn't need multiple versions of coke and pepsi - everyone would agree on the best and just buy that one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should have put up a 'spoilers' section or whatever for that Inside QL because the QL seems kind of useless due to what little they show. The changes from Limbo Brad talks up, you never see in the QL.

SomberOwl

In somewhat less fortunate news it looks like The Technomancer is as much of a janky mess as its predecessor. Bummer, I was hoping it was good.

Yeah me too. I don't think I'll be getting it with all the bad reviews.

On the other hand, man I hope Inside comes to PS4. I need to see what this game is all about these reviews are rapturous.

Anyone know if it's a time exclusivity deal? Limbo came to everything so should we expect the same from this game?

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207962630&postcount=99

Yeah me too. I don't think I'll be getting it with all the bad reviews.

On the other hand, man I hope Inside comes to PS4. I need to see what this game is all about these reviews are rapturous.

Anyone know if it's a time exclusivity deal? Limbo came to everything so should we expect the same from this game?

I think their wording was that it was timed exclusive? No idea for how long.

Industrial farming does seem mean.

Since I haven't seen the video I can't talk to exactly what might have been brought up, but if you don't like it or are worried about it, you should definitely try to buy local or straight from the farmers themselves.

A good chunk of what people might consider "industrial farms" are actually still family owned, We're not talking the giant farms, but the moderate sizes that have maybe one or two silos and a large barn or pen area for the cattle (Chickens are a whole different matter that I don't have experience with). Larger brands buy from these smaller farms to help meet need, and in today's market, most people just want the meat to be available. Dairy can be the same thing. So not everything that comes from a large brand might be an industrial farm.

Where I grew up, there were twice as many heads of cattle per capita than people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom