• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood the dedication, or more like addiction to soda. Same way I don't understand why people buy bottled water (when there is good piped water available).

Piped water can taste like garbage depending on where you live. Mine is pretty undrinkable without a tap filter, at least.

Xater

Did he mention if they're all for him? Maybe his girlfriend and his roommate drink some too?

That's still a lot of soda. I maybe drink 1-2 liter bottles of Coke Zero in a week.

Edit: And when I get to two in one week I think that is too much.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
And he buys all of it in can-form from a service delivering to his apartment. I'm so stingy, I almost cramped up.

I thought diet soda had fake sugar that is actually worse for you?

that's largely a myth/claim unsubstantiated by research. sure, it's worse for you than water but there's no actual evidence to back up the claim that aspartame will give you cancer/lupus/seizures, anything. it's one of the most studied food ingredients ever.

now, he's gonna have the mother of all kidney stones if he keeps this up, but ultimately it's probably less harmful than if he was drinking sugar.

Only if you believe the anti-aspertame crackpots and not actual science.

that's largely a myth/claim unsubstantiated by research. sure, it's worse for you than water but there's no actual evidence to back up the claim that aspartame will give you cancer/lupus/seizures, anything. it's one of the most studied food ingredients ever.

now, he's gonna have the mother of all kidney stones if he keeps this up, but ultimately it's probably less harmful than if he was drinking sugar.

Fair enough, that's something new I learned!

Still just gonna stay away from soda as much as I can though, unless I'm out on the piss and need something to go with my Amaretto...

And he buys all of it in can-form from a service delivering to his apartment. I'm so stingy, I almost cramped up.

Heh, yeah, some of the stuff he says makes the frugal part of me curl up into a ball. I could see Dan legitimately having, like, five of those dumb new Amazon Dash buttons.

Myggen

I thought diet soda had fake sugar that is actually worse for you?

Only if you believe the anti-aspertame crackpots and not actual science.

I mean, nothing that is actually proven scientifically. A lot of natural health "experts" would like you to think so though.

Relevant.

Curufinwe

I like how Dan drilled Jeff's dislike for RE4 down to the fact Jeff couldn't aim for shit, even though other people could and shooting percentages of 80%+ are common in that game.

Myggen

I like how Dan drilled Jeff's dislike for RE4 down to the fact Jeff couldn't aim for shit, even though other people could and shooting percentages of 80%+ are common in that game.

That's what he's said for years as the reason he never liked it. One of those weird Jeff opinions :p

Xater

That's what he's said for years as the reason he never liked it. One of those weird Jeff opinions :p

True, but I will also never understand it. The aiming is of course not like in an FPS, but also a complete non-issue.

It's Jeff being Jeff. It aiming isn't pin point accurate like in a FPS or your action game has animation priority he won't like it. No matter what the merits are.

The problem with diet soda is that while the aspartame isn't bad for you in the same way sugar is, it still stokes the body's want for more sweet things. So somebody can just drink more diet soda to quench the hunger for sweets, but a lot of the times it ends up with the person eating unhealthy things like cookies or cake.

demidar

Might be because Jeff is colourblind?

I always found the aiming in RE4 (and 5 and 6) to be pretty good. I actually turned off laser sights for 6 and I could still headshot with ease.

Xater

The problem with diet soda is that while the aspartame isn't bad for you in the same way sugar is, it still stokes the body's want for more sweet things. So somebody can just drink more diet soda to quench the hunger for sweets, but a lot of the times it ends up with the person eating unhealthy things like cookies or cake.

True, it can create cravings. Gotta have yourself under control, or just not drink as much of it.

Meguro

Banned
There's a whole bunch of cool extra stuff in #FE that Austin didn't get to in the QL, like one of your characters randomly powering up their skills by doing a live performance of one of their songs you helped them create in sidestories during battle.
It's preeeeetty great.

I have this problem alot of the time, and I am going to kick soda to the curb all together and only drink water from now on.

Mupod

I think I want to buy TMS and I'm not sure why.

I thought I'd be groaning at the idol stuff but it's having that weird Catherine effect on me where I'm more interested just because it's so different from what I'm used to.

Helps that it's also a damn good straightforward console JRPG. How often do we get those? I mean, Xenoblade wasn't too long ago but that game is crazy. This is dungeons and stats and boss fights.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man..

I sort of want that game. But idol culture and such is a real hurdle for me to get over, I just have such a negative opinion on it for a lot of different reasons. Not even just that its "creepy" but in the sense that narratives about how "inspiring" it can be to be part of the Japanese live entertainment industry run so counter to so much of what I've actually read and heard about

oti

Banned
ogLqAJys7jRmCDuA0WzlAiNN5QC9NlJlY8egf7Huqymn7Xvx-YR0Z__mBJAJFx9UFFpZu2VIY3PfOEafIUiW-ycfkDgethgyUEZodsSgROC6HMLqgPP6GKVN0tygFGdYBv8pXIgJAa9xRMGOUIlQUbyIClyFhLEFWpaPqJ_sUqFfRxJvJMjd0-vzw3JVsAaZYn6DWtiOevbotm0mOXi7K-QQo87Bg3RZ1RFXjLfaRMQzGuDvl9VRvVznflR30Dl1nb7HgqfewN0RklqH8pRbKe_hyy8gNAmtjiIKnlQANwmv1ULfjYpdcxU2Q1HXCaIjSFTg7HRljyzqQSYinCceOTkXzKFwWMVipZ8atmFDWY_CFjhEujcia1x5UVlNk842h7fz9aNDSTZqrsRpzP1SqvOp8-qvLd9Jc3ejnTIZZXzuqiGGtgrPVKzNJJMfjf8Wzaicbl2HOMsRppaEI1diP6ty-ky870vO_jM_OIyLZ9Gk2HDZcTVDle5JMzaacdD_kVCzdd3mdvmYcq4ou5OtMOvUMnTYDvraN8XzoM_T6DHWBh71t-jpmGiupMCG9Q6P1a0iQbtdAL4eT1ARZJTUYXtQpV1_Lcil=w530-h731-no

Zaph

TMS looks the bad kind of dumb.

I dunno, I think it looks stupid in a really good way. Probably the only WiiU exclusive I'm bummed about - hopefully like the Wii it ends up being sold for £30 somewhere.

Also, does this QL sound Skyped in or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom