• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #23 | See you Space Cowboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Keep Jeff on emails. Next week, there'll be some CiCi's defenders, and then the week after that we'll get some sort of biologist/chemist beef about pizza buffet chains.

And we'll never see any of it with Brad in charge of emails.

Wunder

Keep Jeff on emails. Next week, there'll be some CiCi's defenders, and then the week after that we'll get some sort of biologist/chemist beef about pizza buffet chains.

yes. Brad hosting and Jeff on e-mails is the best idea.

I love brad

But

His email picking skills can be better

Myggen

Watching that long O.J. documentary (O.J. Made In America) that Dan recommended, one of the best documentaries I`ve ever seen. Just amazing.

Line_HTX

Sad that Austin is leaving. One last ride.

I can't watch this Tokyo Mirage Sessions Quick Look at the moment, but how does Jeff like it?

*Obligatory Anime is for jerks gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tell you one thing from playing the Story mode in NBA 2k16.

The story itself isn't great, but it's shameful how much better these young actors are than the video game voice actors with decades of experience.

Myggen

Is it streaming or is there somewhere to easily get it? I've heard so many people talk about it lately.

It seems to be streaming on ESPN.com if you`re in America, a lot of sites say they`re streaming it for free but I can`t confirm that since I`m not in the US. Hulu was supposed to get it early, but I don`t think they have it yet. It`s getting a DVD release on July 19th or something like that. For me the only way to watch it has been Youtube where especially the first part was of shitty quality, but the documentary itself is amazing.

It seems to be streaming on ESPN.com if you`re in America, a lot of sites say they`re streaming it for free but I can`t confirm that since I`m not in the US. Hulu was supposed to get it early, but I don`t think they have it yet. It`s getting a DVD release on July 19th or something like that. For me the only way to watch it has been Youtube where especially the first part was of shitty quality, but the documentary itself is amazing.

Cool, definitely have to watch this. Feels like it's been a while since I've seen a good documentary.

It's a 30 for 30 so it should be on netflix, at least in the US.

Not there yet. Maybe it takes longer for Netflix?

Tubobutts

Tell you one thing from playing the Story mode in NBA 2k16.

The story itself isn't great, but it's shameful how much better these young actors are than the video game voice actors with decades of experience.
Really? I didn't think they were that amazing. Maybe the terribleness of the story just soured me too much.

Watching that long O.J. documentary (O.J. Made In America) that Dan recommended, one of the best documentaries I`ve ever seen. Just amazing.

30 for 30s are usually really good, but the OJ one was amazing.

Sad that Austin is leaving. One last ride.

I can't watch this Tokyo Mirage Sessions Quick Look at the moment, but how does Jeff like it?

*Obligatory Anime is for jerks gif

It's a Vinny/Austin/Alex QL.

jaina

ystgFhv.png

Xater

So I started watching this Tokyo Mirage Sessions QL and I hate all of this. I actually already rolled my eyes. This is not what I wanted from this crossover at all.

So I started watching this Tokyo Mirage Sessions QL and I hate all of this. I actually already rolled my eyes. This is not what I wanted from this crossover at all.

Neither did I, but I can't deny how well designed the combat and the systems are. I was the biggest hater of this game and I still hate the art and the bland music, but it feels so much like a PS2 Megaten spinoff, and that's really all I can ask for.

Edit: Like fuck it's been so long since there's been a megaten game with competent dungeon design, and I say this as someone that loves SMT4.

It's really good, and I also highly recommend the recent TV show adaptation of the trial, American Crime Story (it's called that because it's an anthology show that will cover a different crime every season. Season 1 is OJ's trial). They complement eachother in interesting ways and the show is really good in its own right too.

Xater

Neither did I, but I can't deny how well designed the combat and the systems are. I was the biggest hater of this game and I still hate the art and the bland music, but it feels so much like a PS2 Megaten spinoff, and that's really all I can ask for.

To me it's off putting enough to never want to play it.

Weetrick

Oddly enough, I'm the exact opposite. I wrote it off pretty early when it was still called SMT x FE. But hearing that it's similar to a Persona game with new characters and little Fire Emblem crossover made me interested. I'm not really into the whole J-Pop thing but the game looks fun!

I wasn't a big fan of FE Fates: Birthright and I could use a break from the series. I'm dying to play Persona 5 though. I'm gonna start Tokyo Mirage Sessions during the upcoming long weekend.

To me it's off putting enough to never want to play it.

I don't blame you since it's really as bad as it looks, but if you're a Megaten fan that's thirsty for a game that's not SMT on handhelds or another Persona game, this is the closest thing we're getting to one for probably a long time.

Oddly enough, I'm the exact opposite. I wrote it off pretty early when it was still called SMT x FE. But hearing that it's similar to a Persona game with new characters and little Fire Emblem crossover made me interested. I'm not really into the whole J-Pop thing but the game looks fun!

I wasn't a big fan of FE Fates: Birthright and I could use a break from the series. I'm dying to play Persona 5 though. I'm gonna start Tokyo Mirage Sessions during the upcoming long weekend.

It's not really like Persona though, except for the anime aesthetic. It's much more of it's own weird thing.

I think I've unwittingly trained myself to dislike non-diet soda.

Me too. I prefer the diet versions. Must be the chemicals! I go on kicks with it were I'm buying 2-liters of diet dr. pepper and diet dew way too often then I go a month without drinking any at all. When I'm playing a lot of games, my soda intake goes way up. Lately I've been playing a shit load of Overwatch...

But considering I used to drink vodka like water Im ok with my minor soda problem. :)

Weetrick

I'm getting pretty sick of soda TBH. Nowadays, if I drink a soda it's because I'm out to lunch and its either a soda or a mini thimble-sized water cup.

It's not really like Persona though, except for the anime aesthetic. It's much more of it's own weird thing.

Sure, but it's even less like Fire Emblem.

Sure, but it's even less like Fire Emblem.

There's bits of FE in there with the sword -> axe -> lance weaknesses, and the level up sound effects, and the mirages themselves. But yeah as a whole it's definitely nothing like FE structure or combat and is much closer to Megaten in gameplay and structure.

Sakwoff

Huh.

So #FE is totally a Persona game with a pop music theme and some FE characters tacked on. Completely not what I expected upon announcement, but yeah. Why not. I can dig it.

Also I'm gonna miss Austin. :(

Time for more stupid review observations
  • Unfortunately, Austin did not cross my review threshold to make many observations on his scoring tendencies.
  • Austin wrote fewer reviews than Matt Kessler
  • Inside is the first 5 star rating they've give to an Xbone version of a game.
  • I'm pretty sure it was Giant Bomb's 700th review.
  • Brad still has the highest review mean: 3.83 vs the site's 3.53.
  • (Austin's mean was also 3.83, but on only six reviews.)
  • Brad's review of Inside keeps the streak alive to have at least one review each month. That hasn't happened since 2013.
  • 2016 has the highest average rating out of any year of Giant Bomb's existence: 3.78.

Always love me some statistics.

Goodbye Austin Session #5

We'll be saying goodbye for a while.

The last amazing documentary I have seen was HBO's The Jinx, this one is really good as well.

What a start to Vinnyvania!

Glad to catch up just in time.

2765959-spinnylight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom